Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Delivery~!

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:48 pm

Time: 10:01pm
    Date: 4/25/2018

It wasn't terribly late by the time the trio had left the Sanctuary to get Elyion patched up. The night air was helping sober Scarlet up somewhat as they walked. For some reason, being out in the dark always helped her relax. With a deep breath in, she turned to look at the pair behind her. The woman... Elyion? Yes, that was her name, if she recalled. It was disorienting how similar they appeared. She...she said some sense told her they were related? It was weird. Quite frankly, she was considering that DNA test to settle things. Vantu seemed...quiet, but a bit unnaturally so. Maybe he wasn't all there...? It was interesting that he was drawing everyone he came across, though.

Eventually, they made their way to the building in question, and Scarlet stopped, turning from the direction of the doors, to the pair behind her. "Here we are! They'll get you fixed up." Though, after a moment of thought, she frowned. They probably wouldn't know who to talk to or where to go in the first place inside. The knight bit her lip, then let her crimson eyes settle on the woman's own. It was unnerving...like she was looking into a mirror...into another era. "Would you like me to walk you inside? The building is a bit hard to navigate when you're new... I'm still getting used to it, but I at least know where the front desk and nurse's station is..."
    Elyion and Vantu
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Re: Delivery~!

Post by Elyion and Vantu on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 pm

Vantu had fallen a few paces behind the women. It wasn't as if he expected to have to protect them from anything. In fact, from what he could gather, they were both fairly good fighters. But...old habits died hard, and he was still quite protective of his sister. Especially while she was wounded.

Elyion's wounds, thankfully, weren't hindering her movement too much. The light breeze from being outdoors was doing wonders, too. After coming out of the Sanctuary with so many people, the quiet, open air was a welcome change. Granted...not too quiet. These strange vehicles with lights that kept passing by were...slightly annoying, but nothing to really worry about, she reasoned.

When the woman before them spoke, Vantu stared at the large building before them. It was far larger than anything the pair had come across before. While he was studying it, Elyion turned and smiled at the knight. They'd chatted a bit on the way here, but...there were still so many questions in her mind. The sense she got from this girl was...very similar to the one she got from her own brother. Ever since the accident, she'd been able to locate him, wherever he was. To find someone else... They had to be some sort of relation. But how...? "I'd appreciate that...Vantu is probably going to sketching and observing everything, so it would be nice to have someone who knows their way around." The man behind her simply nodded. He wasn't going to dispute he wouldn't be much help.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 2

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 pm

Scarlet nodded. That made sense. It seemed to be his go-to for everything related to learning. At least from what she gathered. "I won't be much help, but I can at least find someone who will be." She reasoned aloud. Something was better than nothing, after all.

With that, she led the pair inside.

It looked different compared to when she had been there last. Granted, she'd been on death's door at that point, half-passed-out in Shai's arms... That was an unpleasant memory, to say the least. But, at least it was on better terms this time. The knight headed towards the desk immediately to check the pair in. "Good evening. These two are new... She's got an infected wound that needs looking at." Scarlet turned slightly, gesturing to her blonde doppleganger, who was approaching as well.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Upon hearing the door open, Nurse Floyd's head rose from the desk to take in the newest arrivals. Three of them in total, with a black haired woman leading the group. The man took them all in with a raised brow, noting the similarities between the two women. Twins, maybe? "New? And she's already got an infection? Shit works fast." With a parting sip of his Styrofoam coffee cup, the nurse rose from his chair. Grabbing clipboard and a pen, he waved for them to follow.

"Alright, I'll take you to a room to be checked on by the Doc. I'll need your names for records." Pen at the ready to scribble, Floyd paused to look over both Scarlet and Vantu. "And...is she the only one that needs medical attention, or do you two need it too? Or are you just like...moral support?" An infection was hardly a deadly diagnosis, assuming it wasn't septic. Being new, though, perhaps they wanted the company?
    Elyion and Vantu
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Elyion and Vantu on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Elyion lowered her head a bit sheepishly as the nurse pointed out the infection. "We were attacked before the...portal had opened. My brother did the best he could to patch it up, but it seems that wasn't enough." Vantu nodded, glancing towards the rather haphazard wrap job he'd done over her chest and shoulder. It wasn't bleeding too much from all of the extra movement she had been doing, but it had come open slightly.

"Sensitive to the touch...and very red." The man beside the girls spoke matter-of-factly. He'd know, considering he accidentally bumped it while trying to change her dressing...

"I imagine miss Scarlet plans to head home after dropping us off..." Ely trailed off in thought for a moment, then remembered he had asked their names. "Ah. I'm sorry. My name is Elyion Kandakar. He is my brother Vantu. He will likely be staying with me." The monster hunter nodded, and the tattooed blonde smiled faintly.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:55 pm

"Scarlet, Eldred. I was here last week." The knight murmured sheepishly, making a half-hearted wave. She didn't exactly remember who had been on duty that night, after all... As the siblings introduced themselves to the nurse, she took a step back, lingering by the desk a bit behind the pair. "I did have a question, though these two are the more pressing concern." Scarlet set a hand on her hip then, meeting the other woman's mirrored gaze for a moment. "Would it be possible to arrange a-...oh, what did he call it... DNA test?" Scarlet waited a moment, then gestured toward the woman before her, though her attention was on the nurse once more. "Not going to bore you with details, but she's claiming we're related, and I've never seen her before in my life."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:42 am

Ah, that checked out. Not everybody was lucky enough to appear in Portal Breach during their best moments. Eyes briefly flickering between the blonde and the man, Nurse Floyd made a note to himself about the nature of their relationship as he got to scribbling. "How recent was that? The attack and being all bandaged up, that is?" Wound is sensitive to touch and red in color. Each new note was a firm scratch of pen against paper. "We might have caught it in time then, if it's just tender and red." The wound would still need to be cleaned and redressed, but it didn't sound life-threatening at the moment. When it came to the names, Floyd just had to hesitate. A brow raised, he looked between the siblings. "So...is that spelled the way it sounds?" What a nightmare name. Floyd was simple! Simple as pie.

"Scarlet! Oh, Salli told me about you! You're the curse girl! You must be feeling better if you're up to bringing people on over here." Good. Dr. Salli will be pleased to hear about Scarlet! Jotting down that Vantu and Elyion had arrived with Scarlet, he almost continued on without another word before his ears caught up to his brain. "A DNA test?" Turning at the waist, he looked between the women comically. "Wait, so you two aren't twins?!" Sure, they had different last names, but come on! They had the exact same face! Grumbling to himself about clones, the nurse rubbed his stubbly chin in thought. "We can do that. I think the mitochondrial test would be your best bet. I'll have to take a swab of ya'lls cheeks, and we'll have the results in two days!" Noticing the distance between Scarlet and the siblings, Floyd cleared his throat awkwardly. "I uh, gotta take care of her wound first. Obviously. But you can wait out here for the cheek swab. Won't hurt, I promise. It just feels kinda awkward, rubbing cotton fluff on the inside of your cheek and all."
    Elyion and Vantu
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Elyion and Vantu on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:19 pm

"E. L. Y. I. O. N. K. A. N. D. A. K. A. R." The bandaged woman chuckled. She did have a particularly difficult name to spell. She could sympathize there. "His is how it sounds." Vantu, at least, wouldn't be terrible.

Though, when questioned about how long ago the injury had occurred, the man beside her shrugged; he hadn't been paying particularly close attention to the day and night cycles since their arrival. After all...there were so many new creatures here for him to examine, he didn't really have the time.

Elyion sighed after a moment, then turned to the nurse. "It's been about four days, give or take, at least from what I can tell. Though, we found ourselves lacking in medical supplies and proper bandages to tend to it  when we arrived, and our healer-... We haven't come across the others of our group."

"Wolf tried to go for her throat." Vantu elaborated. Any number of things could've been in its mouth before mauling her, or on its claws when it'd gotten her chest.

The pair, though, turned to Scarlet curiously when she was recognized. Curse...? Elyion narrowed her eyes, though she remained quiet. Curses...hm. She'd have to check into that at some point. It could interfere with things here eventually if left unchecked. But...the knight was requesting a DNA test? It took a moment for the nurse's shock over them not being twins set in, and the huntress chuckled. "I am also fine with this, if she requires closure so badly."
    Scarlet Eldred
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Scarlet smirked a bit at the word 'curse'. Yes, it had done quite the number on her and Curiosity, but...for as much as it tested bonds, it was also a testament to how kind and helpful everyone here could be. Which was a fairly big deal for someone with major trust issues...

As the pair filled the nurse in, she leaned against the desk rather nonchalantly; she had enough respect to not outright sit on top of it, like she tended to at her best friend's tavern. Always up on the countertops like a hooligan if things were calm, and brawling if they weren't. 'I have no idea what that means, but cheek swabs are fine." After a moment, she turned her head to peer at the other woman, quirking a brow for a moment. "And of course I'd like answers. You've got my face.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:22 pm

Thank God the alphabet was still the same for these people. Floyd didn't know what he'd do if it turned out that their entire alphabet was an entire new language! Following Elyion's directions, the nurse managed to spell out her name correctly. The brother was thankfully easy to figure out! At least, the first name was. Speaking of, the man had no answers to give for when the injury happened. That fell on the woman's shoulders to give. Vantu must be the quiet type. Elyion was quick on the draw. "Four days, gotcha." Cutting it a bit close, but at least they were here now. The man glanced up from his clipboard, looking between sister and brother with wide brown eyes. "A wolf?! Shit! You're lucky to be alive! That's intense!" The detail was enough to distract him from any possible sad conversations about where their healer was.

"And of course I'd like answers. You've got my face.

"I'm with her on that. If somebody showed up with my face, I'd freak! That never ends well in the movies!" Be it clone or body snatcher from space, duplicates were bad news! With a final nod for Scarlet, the nurse gestured for the siblings to follow him as he disappeared behind a set of swinging doors. Behind them were a long hallway with doors all around. Thankfully, their path didn't take very long as Nurse Floyd turned a door knob and propped open a check up room for the two to enter. It was adorned with the usual fare for check up rooms; an examination table and a spare chair or two to sit in. Cabinets and cotton swabs galore. "Dr. Salli should be with you guys shortly, though before I leave you with her, I guess I oughta ask if you have any medical allergies?" He doubted Elyion would know, she just mentioned a healer and they weren't exactly known for using antibiotics. Still, it couldn't hurt to ask!
    Elyion and Vantu
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Elyion and Vantu on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:03 pm

The siblings followed behind Floyd as he led them to a room. It was...fairly plain. Granted, neither had really had any idea what to expect here. Strange posters of what Elyion assumed was the human body, as well as a few...other designs that made less sense to her. Vantu took a seat in one of the spare chairs, and his sister followed suit once she had stopped analyzing the area. Medical allergies...?

"I'm not sure, to be completely honest. I do know that we have no adverse reactions to most herbs and salves." She glanced toward Vantu for confirmation, to which he simply nodded.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:32 am

Herbs and salves? Combine that with the healer comment and it was looking like these two were ancient. Probably used to huts with a bunch of incense instead of hospitals with syringes. "Alright, no known allergies. I'll see you guys around! I guess when you're done getting healed up, you can find me by the desk and we can do that cheek swab thing." No telling if Scarlet would stick around. With a final wave and smile, Nurse Floyd shut the door behind himself and slipped the clipboard into a slot on the door for Salli to read. A walky talky was pulled from his scrubs and the nurse brought it to his mouth. "Hey Salli, I've got a couple of new people for ya. One of them was attacked by a wolf a few days ago and her wound's infected..."

The siblings were left to themselves for a few minutes, enough time for them to relax and get used to the room. Eventually, they would hear the sound of heels clicking on the hospital floor as the Doctor approached. With the clipboard in hand, Dr. Salli stepped inside with a light smile as she took in the new arrivals. Before speaking, she hesitated once she saw Elyion. For a moment, she thought that Scarlet had dyed her hair! Glancing down at the paper to make sure she was in the right room, the robot blinked audibly. Huh. How strange...

"H-hello there. You must be Elyion, and you, Vantu." Salli shook off the strange encounter easily enough. Still keeping a considerate distance, her bright optics took in the bandages that wrapped around a significant portion of her chest. "I was informed that you had an infected wound. May I see it?"
    Elyion and Vantu
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Elyion and Vantu on Tue May 01, 2018 1:42 am

When the doctor herself entered, Elyion's ruby hues lifted. How...strange. It appeared to be humanoid. A construct...? Vantu, too, was taking notes, though a bit more literally than his sister. He had fished a small book out of his bag and began sketching the being before them.

"Thank you for seeing us. It's not terrible, but...we were advised to seek treatment." The bounty hunter winced slightly as she shifted the arm with the wounded shoulder. As she unwound the makeshift bandages, the wound was...fairly deep. The claw marks from getting tackled had been meant to kill, there was no doubt about that. She then went for the shoulder bite, unwinding the bandages until it was visible completely. There were violent tears in the flesh, as if the beast's head had been bashed off of her forcefully. For something that sounded so terribly routine...it was a relatively gruesome sight. Especially inflamed and tender to the touch.

"Wolf..." Vantu spoke up, as if explaining the wounds to the Doctor.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Tue May 01, 2018 5:16 pm

"It is no issue at all," Dr. SALLI assured with a light smile. She stepped closer, lingering near Elyion's side. "If you were advised to seek treatment, it must have been for a good reason." A frown pulled on the doctor's face as the bandages were shed to reveal the wounds beneath. Deep and angry looking wounds, numerous in number due to the claws. The shoulder had been chomped without remorse. She leaned in, optics narrowing to better see the tears in the flesh. The paperwork said that this wound was about four days old, and yet it looked fresh! Not just fresh, either. The wounds were inflamed, swollen. "A wolf, you say?" She glanced back at the man, concern clear on her face. "It must have been a large, angry creature..." Such carnage. The wolf was obviously going for the kill, and it was lucky for Elyion that it had not succeeded.

Leaving the woman alone, Dr. SALLI stepped over to the medical cabinet. Her hands worked quickly through the drawers and cupboards, glancing over at her newest patients. "There are two possible options for treatment. I think you would prefer option two, from what I've seen of Nurse Floyd's papers." The gynoid decided not to clarify that she was referring to his note about these people being 'like something out of Lord of the Rings. Old as balls!'. Once she'd grabbed out everything she needed, SALLI moved to the side so that the siblings could see what she'd gathered. A hand hovered over a vial of reddish liquid that shimmered beneath the artificial light. A syringe also lay next to it. "These are nano-bots. When we are faced with deep wounds like this, or life-threatening injuries, these nano-bots can be useful when there must be immediate action. They mimic the cells in your body and speed up the healing process for a speedy recovery. Once they've fulfilled their purpose, they leave the body like all waste does." Sounded easy, right? Not to mention simple. However...not everyone was comfortable being pumped with tiny robots that stitched together their wounds. That was why there was an option two!

The second pile of supplies would be much more familiar to the duo. For the most part, at least! A thick roll of gauze dressing, a pair of sterile gloves, and an antibiotic ointment. Less welcoming a sight might be a needle and thread. "Option two takes longer, but it's more natural. I'll clean the wound, try to close the deeper wounds so they will heal properly, re-dress the wound with a new bandage, and send you home with a prescription of antibiotics to help combat infection. You'll also need to come back during the next several days so I can look over the wound for improvements and eventually remove the sutures. Whichever option you choose, I think it'll also be smart to give you a tetanus shot and a rabies shot. Being bitten by a wolf can be quite dangerous..." Especially one that had the nerves to attack a human!
    Elyion and Vantu
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Elyion and Vantu on Thu May 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Elyion nodded as Salli spoke. "I would imagine so. We were setting up camp in the forest. My brother and I were keeping watch. We may have infringed on its territory." The woman shrugged, wincing after a moment. Okay. No shrugs. That hurt more than she'd anticipated. As the doctor spoke of their treatment options for her, Vantu nodded along. He was processing the information, albeit slowly, and Elyion was listening intently. It...seemed like, whatever those nano-bots were, they'd be the most efficient way to get her back on her feet as soon as possible.

The second option, however, sounded more like what the pair were used to...aside from Magus' magical healing. Dressing wounds, healing over time. Antibiotics... She knew they'd heard that word before. The sanctuary, maybe? Probably. Maybe when they were discussing treating the wounds. Hm. Vantu was the first to speak, though he was fairly blunt with his words. Almost as if...he wasn't quite there. "...How long?"

Elyion glanced to her brother, then to the doctor with a faint smile. "He wants to know about how long each would take to heal. I must admit, I'm curious as well." Arguably, she would probably take the quickest healing she could get so they could figure out what to do next. They...were trapped here, weren't they? What were they going to do...? They couldn't live with Scarlet forever. Family or otherwise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:43 pm