Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Re: The First Glimpse

Post by Spenst on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:20 am

"Oh, printed pictures would be wonderful, thank you," Spenst replied, still remaining fixated on the screen. "Ola and I were hoping to put those in the baby book that we've been putting together. Not just for memory's sake, but to show the children later. We're sure they're going to get curious eventually, and it'll be such a joy to share everything with them."

The ghostly alien sighed dreamily, smiling as he could see his wife taking pictures with her phone out of the corner of his eye. He could hear her tapping away at the screen, probably already sharing the images with their monster friend.

"Say, out of curiosity, how many more ultrasounds will we need from here on out?"
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:35 am

"Printed pictures? Oh yes, please do that. Thank you SO much!" Olabisi thanked the doctor. "These are going to be so important to our baby book. I've been having so much fun working on it as well. I'd say it's coming along nicely, even better now with these pictures about to be in it."

The mummy truly was of the artsy sort at heart, if her occupation was of any indication. On top of that, she also arranged most of the decor in their house, and was a big help with the nursery. Spenst, of course, helped her out along the way, but was more than happy to let her take charge. She got a response on her phone rather quickly. Several, in fact, over the course of just a few seconds.

"Ha! Marissa's already going nuts, just as I knew she would~" The bandaged alien sent the monstress a winking emoji. She looked up from the phone screen at her partner's question about future ultrasounds. "Oh yeah, I've been wondering about that myself as well."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:45 pm

Printed ultrasounds were approved of by the parents. Many who were expecting enjoyed having physical evidence to hold and see. Photos taken on the phone were great, but having a physical photo was appreciated. Especially since these two had a baby book they were working on! "That sounds quite nice. I'm sure they will appreciate that, years from now." Olabisi texted away on her phone, already showing the pictures to a friend who was incredibly excited to see the fetus. With the information gathered up about the fetus and stored for later, Dr. SALLI gently removed the wand. As she tore the cover off, readying the wand for Olabisi, the doctor glanced up curiously. "Hm?" Oh, they wanted to know how many ultrasounds they'd have.

"Typically, the next ultrasound would be between weeks 16 and 20, to determine the gender of the fetus. From what I remember, I'll be relying upon you two for that information. Unless there are specific concerns or issues that crop up, there aren't usually many ultrasounds. However, since I'm not very familiar with your species and want to keep an optic on how the fetuses develop, I'd like to take an ultrasound at least once every trimester. So, if all goes well? You both will have two more ultrasounds each. And yes, you will get pictures for them."
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 10

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:08 pm

"Two more ultrasounds? That's fine by me," Spenst replied. "Any chance to get a look at our babies before they're born is most certainly welcome. And identifying the sex with this one shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as their tail doesn't stay in the way for the whole thing. Gosh, I really hope I didn't just jinx that. Wouldn't that just be terrible of me?"

The Ectonurite laughed nervously.

"If I might make a suggestion to hopefully prevent that from happening, maybe we could come back on one of the weeks before the 20th? The further along I am, the more likely it'll be for this baby to hold their tail and make things hard for us to see."
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:14 pm

"Oh, is it about to be my turn?" Olabisi excitedly asked the doctor. She handed her phone to Spenst. "Do you think you can take the pictures of this one for me? It'll be kind of hard for me to do since I'm going to have to be still."

The mummy thought for a moment, pondering on her husband's suggestion.

"That'll work, but I can't guarantee that I'll know what mine is before the 20th week," she confessed. "Like I said, no physical sex is going to be visible on the ultrasound. Pregnant Thep Khufan usually get an intuition around the 20th week, though, about halfway through the pregnancy. If it comes to that, maybe I could contact you with that information once I do get it? Would that work?"
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:43 am

"Yes, it is." The doctor confirmed with a light smile. Spenst's child had already proven to be an intriguing little embryo, what would Olabisi's baby look like? She'd already gotten a description from Ola in past appointments, and gotten a peek before as well, but still. It'd be very different to actually see the fetus, rather than simply trying to imagine it!

"That would be fine. Whatever works best for identifying the gender." She answered Spenst as she replaced the wand's cover with a brand new one. Just as she did before, Dr. SALLI squeezed the gel onto the very tip of the wand. Olabisi's child had no tail to cover up the gender, but it wouldn't be identifiable at all on the ultrasound. "That would work, whenever you find out and are ready to tell me." Truthfully, it wasn't like the delivery of the child would be changed much by knowing the gender. But it was good for paperwork. "When you are ready, Olabisi, we can do your ultrasound too."
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:06 pm

"Is it alright for me to move now?" Spenst asked as he grabbed his partner's phone. Once the h alien had the go-ahead, he left the examination bed and motioned toward it. "After you, Ola~"

The Ectonurite pointed his wife's handheld device at the ultrasound screen, waiting to take a picture right as the image first popped up. He was smiling from ear to ear at this point, just as eager to see this one as he was for the one inside of him. Sure, he had seen it a few times when the mummy was still able to open herself up, but back then, it was just a tiny little speck.

"I can't wait~" he enthused.

Last edited by Spenst on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:12 pm

"You're too kind, Spenst~" Olabisi replied, giving him a brief peck on the cheek before taking a seat in the examination bed. She sighed wistfully, very much looking forward to what was about to happen. "Make sure you get a good shot for Marissa. I can't get enough of her reaction to these pictures. It's so precious~"

The Thep Khufan giggled, knowing that another round of excited texts was soon to come. She could only imagine just how fast her tail must be wagging right now. Honestly, she was probably whipping it about fast enough to almost look like a rotating fan blade.

"I guess she really is looking forward to being a godmother. Can't say that I blame her."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:26 am

"Yes, you may move." To help, Dr. SALLI lifted the drape so that Spenst could hop up. She removed the wedge before Olabisi could sit, stowing it beneath the bed. The woman had no tail that would get in the way, so SALLI set up the stirrups instead. She assisted where needed and grabbed the ultrasound wand. After squeezing sterile gel on top as she had before, the doctor moved it into place. Like Spenst, Olabisi would feel a slight pressure but no pain. As before, the screen took a moment to clear as the robot moved her wrist to get a better image. When the static cleared, they could finally see it. Ola's fetus looked like a little bean. With an over-sized head and little stubby arms and legs, it had no tail at all. Any coloration that indicated that there were organs, were up in the fetus' head. Just as the mummy alien warned!

"There they are. Your second child." The beanie baby seemed to be in good condition, as far as SALLI could tell. Zooming in for Spenst to take pictures, SALLI pressed a few buttons and took down the information regarding length of the fetus. "This fetus seems to be healthy as well! Quite cute, too."
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Spenst almost missed his perfect shot as he was nearly overcome with emotion yet again. Miraculously, though, despite having to take a moment to compose himself and steady the phone, he got the shot that he was looking for. The Ectonurite had no idea how he managed to get it so perfect. Well, at the very least it was as perfect as it was going to get.

Shakily, he texted the image to their monster friend. It probably wasn't even fifteen seconds before he got a response from her. The messages, as expected, were just as enthusiastic as the ones that they had gotten just moments ago. The ghostly alien put together a response before giving his wife her phone back.

He was drying his eyes with his scarf.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:56 pm

"Awww~" Olabisi cooed, remaining fixated on the screen. She was so focused on it that she almost dropped her phone as Spenst handed it back to her. The waterworks were starting back up on her end as well. "Just like their sibling, they already look absolutely adorable~ Just wait until they're actually born, though. I can't wait!"

But wait they must, unfortunately. It was just one of those well-established facts of life. Babies were a thing that took time, lots of time. If only waiting wasn't such torture, though!

"Tell me, how did Marissa react to this one?" Her husband held up the phone for her, showing her the messages. "Ha, classic Marissa! Isn't she the best?"
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Spenst was very quiet as he became overcome with emotion, taking pictures and texting them to friends. Olabisi was not silent, cooing and eyeing the screen as if she could reach out and pull the fetus right out of it. Their joy was contagious, drawing a little smile out of the doctor. As a robot, she would never know this sort of joy. And SALLI was completely content with that, she had no desire to have any babies of her own. But boy, it was interesting to see these reactions. With the last measurements taken, Dr. SALLI pressed a button for the monitor to make printouts of the photos she had taken. The wand was very delicately pulled out, the sheath removed and tossed away just as the last one had.

"All that is left now is for me to measure your weight and your stomachs. Blood pressure for Spenst, as usual... If either of you have any other questions or concerns, however, now would be the time to ask them. And if you need any refills on your supplements, Spenst, I can arrange for that as well." No doubt, the two were eager to get to showing their pictures for all to see.
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:30 pm

It was hard for Spenst to not feel at least a tiny bit disappointed when the monitor shut off. He wasn't disappointed for long, though, as the machine had started to print out physical copies of the images for he and Ola to take home. Not to mention, they had pictures saved on the phone as well. These prenatal images of their little tykes were immortalized in more ways than one.

"Blood pressure again? I hope it's back to normal now. I was pretty jittery when I first came in," he joked. "And refills on those supplements would be great, thank you. They've really been coming in handy when morning sickness gets to be a problem."

And belly measurements? The Ectonurite was definitely eager to know if his stomach had grown at all. He had always been looking in the mirror lately, but could never really tell for sure.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:40 pm

No longer able to look at her baby on the screen, Olabisi settled for watching the printed images as they came out of the machine. The mummy didn't want to stop looking at her child. They weren't even born yet, but already she was feeling an unconditional and undying love for them, same for the one that Spenst was carrying. She couldn't WAIT to finally be able to hold the both of them in her arms! She barely managed to suppress an excited exclamation at the picture in her head.

"Ohh, the stomach measurements?" she spoke. "Not gonna lie, I've really been looking forward to that. It's not easy to tell just by looking in the mirror. I want to know if we really have grown, and if it isn't just wishful thinking."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:21 am

Good, it sounded like there were no further questions or concerns. "I think after getting to see your developing children, your blood pressure will definitely be back to normal." If joy were something that could be measured in blood pressure, there was no doubt she'd pick up on that. "I'm glad they've been useful!" The extra vitamins and minerals were needed for both the fetus and the expectant mother. Er, father, in this case.

Dr. SALLI set to work, gathering the blood pressure cuff and the measuring tape. She wrapped the sleeve around his arm, pressing the velcro into place. Once it was nice and snug, SALLI began to pump until the pressure began to press against his skin. Not hard enough to hurt, but definitely a little uncomfortable. Lucky for him that it wouldn't last too long. The pressure was released after SALLI wrote down the numbers. With a rip, his arm was freed. "Your blood pressure is normal." For a human, it'd be concerning. But as she'd learned, these numbers were typical for Spenst's kind. Next came the belly measuring!

Instructing the two to to stand, SALLI wrapped the tape around their middles, one at a time. This procedure would be a little familiar, as the two had been measured on the last visit. Making sure not to put too much pressure on them, she measured and wrote down the changes. "You've both definitely got a belly bump!" All that was left was measuring Olabisi's weight and gathering Spenst's supplements.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:11 pm