650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Red Versus Blue

Post by Nym on Sat May 26, 2018 5:46 am

DATE: 5/15/0009
    TIME:10:00

Finally!
    It felt like it had been literal years since the digital monster last found an opponent to spar with, feeling his joints and body grow lazy over the past seasons. Hunting could only do so much for Nym, as he learned the patterns of most animals; deer tried to jump over large obstacles, wild fowl attempted to dash off and fly, rabbits would hurry to their burrows in zigzagging patterns and bears were a rare delicacy, only males being hunted, and agitated ones at that. In a way, Nym tried his best to keep nature in full balance, even with his desire for large meals.

This time, however, he sought after something none of these wild creatures could give him; a good fight. Hunting fed him, sure, but a true fight would make him grow! Make him stronger, make him smarter, and, eventually, make him change. His body felt powerful, sure... but Nym wished to see how far he could evolve, what he would evolve into and whether or not it felt fitting for him. It was both amazing and terrifying to him; knowing your form could change at any moment and could be something perhaps majestic and graceful, or clumsy and bulky.

It was a truly mixed bag of nuts.

This day, Nym patiently paced back and forth in a circle near the edge of the forest and closer to the meadows of the grasslands. It felt appropriate, having both terrains to try and deal with and also use to his advantage since he lived and hunted in both regions. But it could also be used to the opponent's strengths as well, if they were fast or smaller than himself, for example. It seemed fair for both parties, he thought. His head would turn out to the grasslands in hopes of seeing his opponent coming, but he saw nothing and merely went back to pacing each time he did so. Soon, there would be a small trail where the grass was pressed on, a circle following the monster's pacing.

Be calm, he thought to himself, this will be a fine bout. It will good to shake the rust off... His only real concern would be truly hurting the other with his attacks, no matter how strong they may be. It was always a concern when Nym would look over fighting notices, others looking for a spar, but he was always too wary and uncertain of his own size to consider them.

Whoever his opponent was, Nym would have to thank them for agreeing to a fight, and try to not damage them too much.

Nym is waiting outside the edge of the forest for his opponent.
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Re: Red Versus Blue

Post by Knock Out on Sun May 27, 2018 12:04 am

Driving smoothly on the long and winding highway of Portal Breach, Knock Out remained attentive for his exit. His sports car form was as shiny as ever, looking as if he'd rolled right off of the factory floor! Of course, he merely wanted to be as presentable as possible for his first fight in a long time. When was the last battle he'd been involved in...? Was it really that horrible thorn place? Ugh. Whoever this Nym was, at least their spar would not be to the death! Dying a third time would be awfully annoying. Not to mention inconvenient, now that he owned a business.

In his rear-view mirrors, the bustling city was disappearing. Ahead loomed flat plains and a thick forest. This was...admittedly new for him. Sure, Knock Out had seen these sights many times from the highway, but never did he think to actually...go into the woods or something. Why would he? On an average day, there was nothing in the wilderness for a being like himself. Trees, creeks, animals... It looked lovely in the movies, but in reality? It was all very messy and chaotic. And very much not his scene. So why would this Nym person want to fight there? Most people tended to brawl in the stadium. Perhaps he was some sort of wild creature, lurking in the trees. Maybe he was just a hippie. Knock Out would get his answer soon enough! With a little flick of a handle, the mech's turn signal began to light up and click as he turned off onto his exit. It took him to a simple road that disappeared into the long grass, leaving the plains as a whole untouched. As soon as the blades began to tickle at his undercarriage, signaling that the road had come to an end, the Cybertronian transformed. Once all of his parts had snapped into their correct position, the mech bounced on his feet lightly, arms stretching upwards. "Mmm...! I've got to hand it to X, not a single pothole on these highways..."

Right. Time to find his opponent! Without his shrinking ring on, the mech stood at nearly 20 feet tall. The crimson paint job might as well have been a target, a strike contrast with the verdant nature all around. His metal feet left imprints in the grass, leaving behind stamped down trails as he continued onwards. Crimson optics carefully watched the treeline in the distance, watching the trees get bigger and bigger. With such long legs, the walk was rather brisk! But as he came closer, Knock Out could see a pacing figure of some kind near the area where grasslands turned into forest! He could already tell it was blue, with...odd, additions. Such as a pair of wings, and... were parts of the body metal? "Hmph." It would be his luck to answer the call of some kind of...dinosaur cyborg!

Well. Too late to back out now. As long legs carried him closer and closer to the odd creature, Knock Out raised a servo in an awkward wave. "Hello, hello!" Yeesh, look at those little stamped down circles in the grass... Was Nym antsy about fighting an amazing being such as himself? Smirking with smooth confidence, he bowed forward lightly. "I, am the illustrious Knock Out! Am I right in assuming that you are Nym?" They looked to be almost matched as far as height goes. Perfect! But what secrets did a cyborg dinosaur hide in regards to a fight...?
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Nym on Sun May 27, 2018 12:48 pm

An engine in the distance caused Nym's pupils to dilate, focusing intently on the direction. It was a vehicle, surely, but nothing too large. Certainly not a truck or those diesels he would see at times on the highway. But, he was no expert at the odd machines, and was merely interested in who could be driving one. Perhaps they found it the easiest and fastest way to get out into the forest? The engine suddenly came to a halt, and instead of someone exiting the vehicle, it transformed into a metallic being. Nym instantly thought of Livewire, and thus, was not terribly surprised. He had forgotten there were even others like his step-sibling that roamed around the Breach.

The crimson coloration stood out in the sunlight and gleamed, no doubt purposely to seek attention as the haughty Cybertronian approached and greeted the Digimon. "Hello," he quietly responded, mimicking the bow. "That is correct. I am Nym. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, illustrious Knock Out." Was that his title? The way he acted, the mech seemed to be of great importance... or, perhaps, merely fancied himself important? Did he really wish to fight against Nym and get filthy and possibly damaged...? What an odd fellow.

"Hrm--" Nym grumbled softly, uncertain of his sparring partner, "are you quite certain you are ready and willing to take up arms against me? I do not want to damage you and your chassis, but spars can be quite erratic. There is a minimal chance you will come out of this without a scratch or dent..." Not that Nym would purposely do so, no... but during a fight, one can oft forget and become lost in the heat of the moment. The safety and understanding of the dueling partner was crucial to Nym, out of respect and polite mannerisms.
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Knock Out on Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 am

Chuckling lowly, Knock Out seemed vaguely amused as Nym mimicked the bow. He even thought that he really owned the title of 'illustrious'! How could someone so stoic be so funny within the first five minutes of meeting? Standing straight after the bow, he placed one servo upon his hip. The other gestured forward at the dinosaur. "A pleasure to make your's as well!" Perhaps the mech was wrong to immediately assume that the reptilian would be some sort of brute. This 'Nym' seemed to be a rather thoughtful being so far.

"Hrm--are you quite certain you are ready and willing to take up arms against me?"

Definitely thoughtful. Crimson optics widened, metallic brows lifting up in no small amount of surprise. It wasn't often that somebody slapped up a challenge for spars only to express concern for their opponent like this. Was it that clear how much Knock Out appreciated his appearance? ...Well, of course it was! If anything, that made the mech's ego soar to know that someone who just met him could tell that the Cybertronian took great care of his body. Recovering smoothly, the mech leaned upon his hip and shrugged. "You are probably right. I'll likely gain scratches, dents, perhaps more. And I'd prefer not to be crushed like a soda can. But...I accepted your challenge for a reason." Pausing for dramatic effect, he tossed his helm lightly.

"It has been years since I've had an actual fight. I'm unsure of just how rusty I might be! And it's not everyday I can find an opponent as tall as I am. I would prefer not to be dented up and scratched, but I'm no stranger to damage. This is my decision to take part. It's more choice than I've ever had before this world. As long as you don't tear off any limbs, I can repair myself and be back to looking perfect in no time~! I am a doctor, after all!" Brains and beauty. Very intimidating. Very fabulous. Smiling confidently, Knock Out's optics regarded Nym from top to bottom. "Since you expressed concern for me, I should admit that I can turn my servoes into a pair of buzzsaws or a drill. If you'd prefer not to be hacked and slashed, I can make due with my talons. If this is not an issue for you...then I am ready when you are~."
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Nym on Wed May 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Nym stood quietly and studied his opponent's mannerisms as they spoke. It was hard not to, as their face was surprisingly expressive for a mechanical being. Livewire was no exception, of course, but... the odd addition of eyebrows really made it hard for the red mecha to keep a straight face, surely. But, Knock Out assured the Digimon that they were fine with this arrangement, so long as limbs weren't ripped off, and that they were even a doctor. A doctor for their kind, obviously. But Nym shook his head, "no, limbs shall not be ripped off. I do not intend to purposely damage you in such a way." There would be no point, and Nym wasn't really a bully to do such things. But, once Knock Out was finished, even going so far as stating he had buzz-saws, Nym glanced to his own arm as the claws moved one after the other.

"Weapons are fine. My body itself is a weapon, but I will refrain from using certain ones that could be of potential deadly damage," he stated with a stern look at his own metallic claw. "A saw or device such as what you've claimed may be used if you so desire. I am sturdier than I look." Cuts and scratches and even gashes were suffered many times by the digital monster from his hunts. Bears did the most damage, one even taking a chunk of meat out of his leg. Painful, but it was often ignored and healed within a good amount of time. Nym's body could take a lot of abuse... something he was glad he learned over the few years.

But, they were both ready.

Ready to fight!

Nym took a few steps back and positioned himself into a ready stance, tattered wings flared up like a hornet ready to sting, head lowered and legs apart. His metallic arm covered his chest while his fleshed arm held back, curled into a fist and golden eyes stared at Knock Out with such intensity, it was as if the mech would be set ablaze.

"I am ready, Knock Out the Illustrious. Hold little back." Muscles tightened as his nostrils expelled a large huff of breath. The Digimon awaited to see what his opponent would do on half-open, half-enclosed grounds, the plains and forest coming together for their battlefield.

Health: 510/510
    Defense: 55/55
    Stamina: 92/92

____

Nym has positioned himself and is ready.
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:47 pm

"Fantastic!" Grinning brightly, the mech clapped his servoes together. He rubbed them together as if he were washing his hands. "I won't dismember you, you won't dismember me~! So far this sounds like it'll be a rather honorable affair." You'd think Knock Out would have more experience fighting in spars. But, he could count the amount of spars he'd been a part of on one servo. During the war, it was pretty much anything goes. Knock Out had never been dismembered exactly, but he'd gotten close! And during a spar with Livewire, she'd dug her talons into some delicate wires in his wrists. It was a pain to fix.

Weapons were approved of by this Nym, who insisted his entire body was a weapon. A boastful claim usually, but he had to admit that the cyborg seemed to be speaking the truth. Who knew what those mechanical bits and bobs were capable of? While the tiny T-rex arm had small claws, the other was disproportionately larger. It'd probably pack a punch! "Perfect! I'm rather adept at using my weapons, I'll make sure not to use deadly force with them." Perhaps the mech could aim his saw towards the mechanical bits rather than those fleshy organic body parts.

Nym took a stance, stepping back and flaring his wings in a rather impressive display. With his head lowered, it seemed to make the creature's horns stand out even more. Bright golden eyes flared beneath the metal plating, the thirst for a fight clear and present. The cyborg was ready for a fight. Knock Out seemed taken aback, taking a moment to take his own little stance. It was more compressed than Nym's, elbows close to his chassis and feet spread, crunching the grass. "If you insist, Nym the Vicious~!" The ball was in Knock Out's court, the first move was his. Processors hummed, attempting to think up the best strategy. He took inspiration from the trees around them, smirking lightly. The bigger they are, the harder they fall!

Knock Out surged forward with thundering steps, and his servoes slashed out. Talons aimed for the meat of Nym's legs, near the knee. "Timber!" If he could weaken the dinosaur's legs, he could make him rely on those odd wings of his! Wonder how high up he'd fly?

---
    (460/460) - HP
    (76/82) - AP
    (50/50) - Armor

Action: Slashing at Nym's legs!

The Car Keys Back (damage enhancer):

--Knock Out possesses sharp, long fingers almost like talons. They may not be as sharp as Starscream's, but they're still not something to scoff at! Sharp and with a driving force behind him, this sports car packs a punch.

Specifics: +1 die to attacks

AP Cost currently: 3AP per use
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:47 pm

The member 'Knock Out' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (41-45)' : 37, 33, 32, 22
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Nym on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:01 pm

No fatal damage, no dismembering, nothing dishonorable. This would be, as Knock Out said, an honorable affair. Though, Nym knew not of any other way; fights, spars, duels... they were all supposed to be honorable. The only way they were not would be the fault of the fighters, meaning one of them would have to break their word. Eyeing the red mech once more, Nym didn't suspect them to do such a thing. But, people were... odd here. Finicky, mischievous, and easily lied. No matter... he would just have to take Knock Out's word and expect it to hold.

With his stance taken seriously, golden eyes focused hard on the Cybertronian and watched his movements carefully. His pose suggested something akin to a pounce, and sure enough, the metallic talons were outstretched and attempting to slash. The first attack was seen and dodged, but a good gash was received to his right leg. It stung, but Nym made no noise, no expression, no sign of disturbance. Instead, he stood firmly on both legs, no matter the size of the cut, and stayed quiet as he twisted his body around.

From there, his tail whipped around and attempted to send the mech flying. A simple attack... but there was a reason.

Defense:
    55/01
    Stamina: 92/91

___

A simple tail-whipping. 1 AP.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:01 pm

The member 'Nym' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (46-50)' : 20

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Knock Out did carry a bit of...let's call it 'scientific curiosity', regarding the nature of what Nym was. How could he not?! Even with all the things he'd seen in the vast reaches of Space and within the realm of the Breach, a cyborg dinosaur was still pretty out there. Was Nym an alien? An actual dinosaur? Alternate dimension creature? What color did he bleed? Oh, the possibilities! But, so long as the cyborg kept this fight honorable, the mech could curb that curiosity and remain polite. Downright affable, even!

Well, as affable as you can be after slashing up someone's leg. Nym was nimble enough to dodge the first strike, but not the second! Knock Out smirked to himself, a swell of victory in his chassis! It didn't take long for that victory to shrivel like a raisin though. The dinosaur didn't seem hindered in the least by his attack, and was already turning about for a counter-attack! With a gasp, the mech pushed himself backwards in time to avoid a thick blue limb that whooshed by, wind whipping around it and carrying a firm force behind it. He stood unsteadily on his pedes, attempting to maintain his balance as he eyed Nym's tail. "R-right. Forgot about that!" Note to self! Beware the tail.

Hm... So the legs were sturdy, and caboose carried a thick limb to bash with. Perhaps those wings might be a good weakspot...? But how to reach them? Crimson optics narrowed, calculating and pensive as he plotted to himself. Sandwiched between a rolling meadow and a thick forest, perhaps the trees could still give him great ideas! Arms spread outwards, and the mech seemed to bounce upon his pedes as he approached. "Hup hup hup!" Two punches came at the dinosaur's sides, one after the other in a quick succession. Knock Out was attempting to corner Nym and push him back, but perhaps he was too small to succeed. Worth a shot, right?

---
    (460/460) - HP
    (73/82) - AP
    (50/50) - Armor

Action: Two one coin/die attacks, attempting to push Nym towards the forest!
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:57 pm

The member 'Knock Out' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (41-45)' : 42, 33
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Nym on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Golden eyes watched the mech carefully. His leg was bleeding a deep, chocolatey red, but it did not seem to bother him. Each step was still just as firm and powerful as before, never letting the damage bother him. This was part of a spar, after all. This happened during hunts, as well... Nym was just used to it. Abuse to his body was common. His speed, however, could use improvements, as his tail whipped around and missed Knock Out. The other was indeed surprised, but it was still a miss, and Nym gritted his teeth with slight disappointment in himself. Had hunting so long and not fighting another of his strength and size made him sluggish...?

Knock Out attempted to hop around on his triangular toes and push the Digimon back in a small flurry of punches. Nym also hopped, but backwards and slide along the grass, leaving a small trail of smashed greenery. "You are fast," he admitted, voice still as monotone as ever. Indeed, both were fast, and Nym proved such as he rushed forward, propelling himself with his wings in a very short glide and attempted to tackle Knock Out to the ground.

Defense:
    55/01
    Stamina: 92/92

___

Tackle! - A physical attack in which the user charges and slams into the target with its whole body.

Last edited by Nym on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:58 pm

The member 'Nym' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (46-50)' : 47

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Knock Out on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:09 am

Knock Out's attention was drawn by the bleed that seeped from Nym's wound. Oh! Was that a chocolate red? How pleasant... What a fascinating color to bleed! A shame that the damage done from that wound may as well have been a flick on the nose. Nym was hardly bothered, not even a little limp to show for his efforts! Perhaps the two were more evenly matched than the mech had realized?

Hmph. His wrangling skills left much to be desired, the cyborg easily hopping backwards and avoiding the punches he had thrown Nym's way. True, he moved in the direction Knock Out was hoping to lead him, but this was hardly ideal because the other was in control of the motion. Not him. Nym began to close the gap between them, wings fluttering and propelling him forward! The mech's optics narrowed, waiting for the right moment to dodge! He threw himself to the side and managed to avoid the tackle entirely! "It would seem that I'm also faster than you!" He boasted without a hint of shame!

Still feeling the synergy from the tackle and dodge, talons reached out to slash Nym's tail as it passed him by!

---
    (460/460) - HP
    (70/82) - AP
    (50/50) - Armor

Action: Slashing at dat tail!

The Car Keys Back (damage enhancer):

--Knock Out possesses sharp, long fingers almost like talons. They may not be as sharp as Starscream's, but they're still not something to scoff at! Sharp and with a driving force behind him, this sports car packs a punch.

Specifics: +1 die to attacks

AP Cost currently: 3AP per use
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar: