Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0


    Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Share
    avatar
    Game Master
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 346
    Join date : 2010-10-17
    Level : ??

    Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Game Master on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:44 pm

    Time: 14:00
    Date: 8/22/0009




    The air was thick here, heavy with moisture and gripped by a penetrating chill. Fog swirled ominously in the gloomy distance.

    This was the forest's edge. A dark place, it sprawled a good several hundred meters before tapering into the Boolean Mountains, where damp vegetation turned to hardened stone and twisting canopies gave way to cold sunlight. Not very many traveled here, for fear of roaming beasts and marauding camps - both of which happily preyed on the unsuspecting. For now, the forest saw little activity. Native creatures hooted and cried out into the untamed wilds, their forms shrouded by a cloak of mist, leaving only the eerie glow of their eyes to be seen in the darkness. Creeks and streams trickled with fresh waters from the mountains, and a light drizzle rained down from above. Everything carried with it the pervasive odor of overwhelming dampness.

    It was here, in these uncharted lands, that you were to meet your hunting party. You had found the coordinates down to the letter but spotted no one within the vicinity. Perhaps you were the first? Perhaps, perhaps... Hopefully the rest wouldn't tarry much longer. Until then, all you had to do... was wait.





    ((OOC: Alright, here we go! Not much to add - other than please follow the posting order and shoot for timely responses - so have fun and good luck!))

    Music:

    avatar
    Kaon and Vos
    Kilobyte

    Kilobyte

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2018-08-17
    Location : Wherever we roam
    Level : 1

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Kaon and Vos on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:37 pm

    The dampness was not lost on the electrocutioner of the Decepticon Justice Division, whose steps seemed a bit precarious on the slicked rocks of the area.  Faint electricity crackled at the palms of his servos and he seemed to be shaking.  Was it fear?  No.  There had to be something more palpable than fear in the frame.

    If the shivering of the shorter, slender mech beside him was anything to go by, then perhaps it was even a little bloodlust.  After all, the Decepticon Justice Division loved a good slaughter, and there was a beast to slay.  Vos himself was the one who had taken down the coordinates for the two, and was the one currently guiding Kaon with them.

    "Are we the only ones?  Primus spare our sparks."  Vos commented, glancing around coldly.  His optics narrowed as though looking for a hunting party to arrive.  Or worse yet, the beast itself.

    Kaon gave a throaty cackle.  "Does it even matter, Vos?  I can't wait...to...to take a little something out of its hide.  To tear it apart in some way.  Why must you be such a gearstick about this?"

    Vos gave a throaty noise.  A gearstick?  He wasn't being a damned gearstick about this.  He just wanted to know if they were going to be the only ones hunting.  Was that really all that wrong?  He flexed his claws and gave a deeper, throaty noise.  

    "Patience.  Soon we maul the beast."
    avatar
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

    Petabyte

    Posts : 508
    Join date : 2013-01-05
    Location : The Streets
    Level : 41

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Knock Out on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:03 am

    Sprawling highways carried Knock Out for a good stretch of his journey, though eventually he found himself needing to transform and walk at his full height. It was annoying, but expected. What sort of dragon would have a convenient little road to his lair? A pretty poor one that's asking for trouble. The mech followed the coordinates and sneered to himself as he ducked under tree branches. The air was becoming quite damp, which wouldn't be good for his paint job! And he'd gotten freshly waxed for this!

    Grumbling to himself, Knock Out's bright optics took in his surroundings. It was a very isolated part of the forest, definitely not like where he'd brawled with Nym. That place bordered the grasslands, and was full of vibrant green. This was damp and thick. Fog lingered in the distance, and his memory of the map told the mech that this area bordered the mountains. Perhaps the dragon was high in the mountain peaks, hiding in a cave with his many treasures! It'd be something right out of a book, that's for sure!

    Eventually he found the hunting party, the only citizens around for miles. With a smirk, Knock Out stepped into view of the other 'Cons and gave them a salute with two talons. They had been freshly sharpened for this adventure. "Greetings, gentle-mechs!" He wasn't surprised to see them, having seen their names on the sheet. The other people would remain a mystery until they showed up. "I see you're just as eager to get this show on the road as I am!" Leaning his weight upon one hip, a servo rested itself upon his chassis as Knock Out gave a slight bow. "One 'Con to another couple of 'Cons, I'm very excited to be fighting alongside the two of you." He still didn't know quite what to think of them, but Knock Out preferred to keep on their good sides. Just in case Starscream came and decided to out him as a traitor. That'd be just his luck!

    Glancing around, he looked to Kaon and Vos curiously. "Any idea how many more signed up?" Hopefully they'd have a good number, with experienced people too.
    avatar
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 355
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Location : Stock Pot Inn
    Level : 40

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:32 am

    It had been... a nervous morning.

    "Are you prepared for this, Ttone?"

    "Yes, Mr. Rasa, I am."

    No matter how many prayers and meditative chants he uttered, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai struggled to fully embrace his faith in the mission. They were going to hunt a dragon. A dragon, and Ttone was going to partake in the hunt not as an observer but as a hunter. This was, admittedly, a risk far greater than the alien soldier wished to provoke. Yet it was the only way - the noble Sangheili way - that Ttone would earn a name befitting of her right as a young warrior. His brows furrowed. Perhaps he was making a mistake... Perhaps he was - "Recite our inventory," he instructed suddenly.

    The child halted in tying her boots and reached into two nearby satchels, Ttone's eyes missing not a single detail. "We have water and food to last us three days," she began, rummaging in both, "and we have several first aid kits, anti-venom, a lighter, thermal blankets, a flashlight, rope, your hand-drawn map and a compass."

    Good, good.

    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai nodded and fitted the last of his armor over his head, standing tall and proud in his polished combat harness. Quite some time had passed since he last adorned it. The Sangheili was quietly amazed it still fit so well, if a little snug around the middle. "Here, you will be in charge of this. Carry it with you always, and remember to never hesitate." A heavy item was thrown and she caught it obediently, her fingers marveling at the carved wooden grip and the leather sheath. It was none other than his hunting knife, large and imposing in the hand's of a child. Ttone nevertheless fastened it to her belt. "I won't hesitate until I hear the guttural release of a dying breath." Rasa 'Jeqkogoai couldn't help but chuckle, "By the gods, we might make a Sangheili out of you yet." The swell of pride in her chest was enough to invigorate over twenty warrior crèches.



    Three forms stood in the distance. Three metal warriors, three potential allies.

    ...Or foes.

    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai remained crouch, hidden by the dense forest brush and under the effects of active camouflage. A silent Ttone remained clutched to his back, safely protected by the combat harness' shell and enveloped by its stealth generator. The child spotted the towering machines just as quickly as he had.

    "Does it even matter, Vos? I can't wait...to...to take a little something out of its hide. To tear it apart in some way. Why must you be such a gearstick about this?"

    "Patience. Soon we maul the beast."

    "Greetings, gentle-mechs! I see you're just as eager to get this show on the road as I am!"

    Ah, the hunting party. It explained why his combat visor displayed the rendezvous marker at their location. Slowly but surely, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai inched closer to the gathering and dropped stealth. "Greetings," the warrior rumbled, revealed to the others. "I see we will not be alone in slaying this beast. A pity; we'll have to share in the glory." Nothing like a bit of Sangheili humor to break the ice between foreign companions.
    avatar
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 227
    Join date : 2014-06-15
    Location : Stockpot Inn: Room 405
    Level : 25

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Kyoko Sakura on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:24 am

    SPLASH!

    Kyoko's appearance at the rendezvous point had been delayed the moment she found a creek. With an excited little laugh, she trudged through the water and stomped as hard as she could. She challenged herself each time to make bigger splashes, her shoes well and truly soaked. Eventually she'd had her fill of fun, leaving the toads and fishes to swim without interruption. Strapped onto her back was a backpack, and it was filled with the essentials. Food, mostly, though a good chunk of it came from Lunette's care package! Food that was ready to be eaten whenever she needed it. There were also a few Grief Seeds stashed away to keep her soul gem clean, a flashlight, and a little sleeping bag in case they'd be out for several days. Everything else she needed, the teenager could produce with magic! Her typical outfit had been traded in for something a bit more practical.

    Being outside of the city was pretty cool! There hadn't been many forests like these around Kazamino or Mitakihara! So full, so rich... Just smell that clean mountain air! It made the girl excited, curious about future adventures out here. Perhaps she could camp out here? ...You know, when there wasn't a big bad dragon running around. ...Oh yeah, she was out here to kill something, not stop and smell the roses. With a slightly disappointed sigh, Kyoko shuffled along and held the map in front of herself with both hands. Getting to the general area had been easy enough, but the specifics were kinda rough. Good thing she could hear some voices nearby! It definitely helped her to narrow down where she had to go. Unless they were some sort of bandit gang, in which case, she could beat 'em up and head on her way!

    Just in case, the teenager slipped behind a tree as she came closer to the group. Stepping as quietly as she could, Kyoko peered around the bark to tally the group up. Three of those big and shiny robots like from an anime, two of which she remembered meeting just the other day! And some other guy she wasn't familiar with in a funky armor, though the sight of a little girl seated on his back made her eyebrows raise up to her forehead. What the hell? She looked familiar, and eventually she was able to place her. They'd met on Halloween a couple of years ago, she was dressed as a knight! And now she was hunting a dragon? Cool! Assured by the stranger's talk of beast slaying, she decided she was in the right place and stepped out of hiding. "Hell yeah, I can share some glory!I can't wait to kick some giant, scaly ass!" Teach that dragon not to go around destroying places! With a grin large enough to show off sharp canines, the magical girl gave everybody a brief bow of greetings.
    avatar
    Springtrap
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 58
    Join date : 2017-08-29
    Location : outer district
    Level : 1

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Springtrap on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:36 am

    This was... uncomfortable.

    This was the farthest Springtrap had gone out of the city, and still, he had longer to go. The only thing worn was his red cloak, hidden inside were many small tools and home-made bombs that remained unseen, but could be used if necessary. If he did not have such awkward feet, boots would've been preferred, but alas... each step through the dirt and the grass and whatever else must be ignored for now, and he'd bother cleaning later. There was the idea of bringing at least one of the pack with him, perhaps to help scout or distract and run around if need-be, but Springtrap didn't care for the idea of putting any of them in danger.

    It was difficult, as Bao was stubborn and followed him to the outskirts of the city before the animatronic had to create a noise, akin to a dog whistle, to set the Chow back home. They were all in the Sanctuary, safe and sound, where food was awaiting them and safety from the oppressive heat in the days to come... and people would be nice and give them attention. It was all he could provide, especially if he happened to fall apart during this endeavor.

    As tired as he could possibly look, Springtrap pushed away large foliage and overstepped rocks, finally seeing what looked like a small group up ahead. That had to be the hunting party, no doubt. A hissy-sigh was released, and Springtrap revealed himself to them after a final push through a rather full bush.

    His optics clicking and quickly observing each one. The mechas, the witch-hunter, and an armored alien, no doubt, that seemed to have a small human strapped to their back. At this, he couldn't help but squint slightly, but said nothing in regards to it. "greetings" was all he would say.
    avatar
    Nym
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 453
    Join date : 2013-09-06
    Age : 5
    Location : Wherever needed.
    Level : 55

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    600/600  (600/600)
    Stamina Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Nym on Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:48 am

    A good day for a hunt indeed.

    Nym was already en route, powerful legs carrying him quickly through the brush and trees and rocks. None were any match for him, all flattened or broken or even tossed right out of his way as he passed with such speed. It was slightly invigorating to imagine taking down such a large foreboding creature in the near future, the glory of fighting and the sensation of going all out in an effort to utterly destroy this thing. But, there was also fear; his last expedition of sorts with a group led to his death. It was his own fault, of course, and it wasn't really worth it in the end as he realized, but it still haunted him. The failure, the pain, the darkness and eventual rebirth. It was... unpleasant, to say the least.

    As the Digimon broke through and into the mountains, his nostrils flared at the scent of the plague that tainted the area. Perhaps to most, they could not smell it, or even sense it, but to him, it was like standing right next to it. Lip curling, Nym ignored it and went forward, eyes focusing on finding the hunting party. If he recalled, a few signed up, and he hoped they were competent enough to get in, get the job done, and get out swiftly with as little casualty as possible. The latter part, he truly hoped for... 'I will do my best to be careful this time, father... mother... I will not fail you', he thought to himself, pausing and closing his eyes as he did.

    Taking in a large breath, his nostrils flared as it was released, and Nym stepped off a high rock-face to glide down upon the hunting party, appearing as if from nowhere. His landing made the earth around their feet shake only slightly with a -THUD- as Nym stood up straight, flared wings folding down much akin to an insect. Golden eyes surveyed each person swiftly before the Digimon nodded in greeting. Words escaped him, and for the moment, he remained silent.
    avatar
    Curiosity
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2018-03-04
    Location : Between life and death
    Level : 5

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Curiosity on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:51 pm

    Leaving the city had taken a while longer than the beast would have preferred. Unlike the others the Deviant didn’t know where the rendezvous, such a fancy sounding word, was located. So he had to resort to other means of finding its. AKA having to track down a Hunter easy enough to follow from above. A shiny handsome automobile zooming towards the mountains made an easy target to follow.

    KnockOut’s well waxed metal made him easy to spot from far away, so Curi followed him from the city up until he entered the tree-lines of a foggy forest. From there the beast rose higher to get a better look at the vicinity. The tiny reflection of light bouncing of his friend’s metal body soon was engulfed in the thickness of foggy forest.

    Unable to follow his current target further to the meeting place the Deviant looked around perhaps one of the others would inadvertently help him.

    As if Mother Nature heard his dilemma and answered, a crunching and thumping of steps rushed through the undergrowth and trees. Whatever it was it was headed towards the direction that KnockOut had been heading to. So the intelligent beast followed the ruckus.

    THUMP!

    Following suit, Curi dove through the trees, his wingblades easily carving himself a path. Once the branches have way to the forest’s foggy floor Curi dodged the large purple bulk of muscle, which was Nym, and landed with a much lighter thump of his own. He was ready to defend himself in the case this was some trap, or the gathered hunters thought to hunt him. Hunters were always hunters. Adrenaline addicted and always excited for a bit of bloodshed

    ”tttrruufff!...”

    A friendly chuff of a greeting was all he gave them before sitting up to scan their surroundings. His nightmare red eyes were already adjusting to the current lighting, or well lack of lighting.
    avatar
    Game Master
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 346
    Join date : 2010-10-17
    Level : ??

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Game Master on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:27 pm

    You were all here... Good, good. It'd be a shame if anyone perished before the real fun began.

    From the illustrious finish of the Cybertronians to the chic fashion of Kyoko Sakura, your hunting party was nothing short of eclectic but determined. You took one studious glance at your companions and a passing thought came to mind: for better or worse, this is who will have your back; whether you succeeded in the hunt... or died. Quietly, you prayed that it was the former. Your eyes drifted to the stream babbling near the group's feet and followed its gentle waters to the misty horizon far, far ahead. Well... there was no time like the present. You had a dragon to slay.

    Together, you and the hunting party ventured off; to lands unknown and undoubtedly rife with peril. It was a good half hour before you noticed a slight... change in the atmosphere. The fog that threatened to choke the forest gradually began to dissipate and clear, and no longer did your nose or olfactory senses feel the unpleasant sting of breeding fungi and molds. Even the overbearing humidity had lessened. The mountains must therefore be close, you assumed.

    And you'd be right.

    Your feet reached the arid sands within the hour, gravel crunching beneath your heels. Before you lied the sprawling base of the Boolean Mountains, conjoined with the desolate telltale signs of the Daemon Wastes not far ahead. You would fortunately be spared the brunt of its merciless climate.

    Below, the stream that had guided you out of the dark forest teemed and gurgled, sparkling in the afternoon sunlight. The mountain water looked almost refreshing enough to drink; should you decide and find it necessary, now was the opportunity to refill your canteens or drinking horns. Once you were finished (or done waiting for those to quench their thirst), you embarked several dozen meters forward to establish your bearings. Though the sun shone high overhead, its light threatened to fade with the coming approach of night. You wouldn't have much time before darkness overshadowed the world, making your hunt increasingly dangerous. Nevertheless, your sights once again fell to the horizon and assessed the sandstone and granite crags immediately north of your party's location.

    If you were a dragon, such a crevice might lead into a formidable lair; 'might' being the keyword. Perhaps it was time to search for clues of your quarry...





    Sunlight is fading fast. Scour the nearby land for signs of possible dragon activity.

    ((OOC: roll one Level 6 -10 die to see what you've found!))



    Music:

    avatar
    Kaon and Vos
    Kilobyte

    Kilobyte

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2018-08-17
    Location : Wherever we roam
    Level : 1

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Kaon and Vos on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:38 pm

    Vos merely coldly shrugged at Knock Out's question.  To be fair, he didn't know.  He only knew he and Kaon had signed up, until Knock Out had arrived.  And then another approached and he seemed to shift ever closer to Kaon protectively.  He knew his comrade probably heard but he had gotten so used to being near him and guiding him as a stranger in a strange land.

    "Shared glory is the glory."  It was a wry joke, probably as dry as most Cybertronian humor came.  Vos wasn't much for jokes compared to Kaon of course, but Kaon seemed oddly focused.

    Of course. Kaon was on the mission and now Vos was supposed to be the social one. Didn't Kaon know that Vos wasn't exactly the friendly neighborhood greeter? Well, neither of them were outside of attempting to be affably evil to gain the trust of others and learn more. In fact, their social graces were about as lacking as Kaon was of optics.

    However, as they moved along, Kaon seemed more focused, more intent. It didn't matter that the sunlight was fading to someone like him. He was ruthless, he was efficient. He was the second-in-command of the Decepticon Justice Division for crying out loud! Perhaps someone adjusted to the dark for most his life knew exactly what it meant to always be on the hunt.  But Kaon himself seemed to make faint clicking noises.  It was as though he were trying to catch on with just a sound that only his sensitive audials would pick up the echoes of.  Click.  Click.  Click.

    Vos himself hovered closer, trying to catch a glimpse.

    Was something there? Was anything there?
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8532
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by System on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:38 pm

    The member 'Kaon and Vos' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 7
    avatar
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

    Petabyte

    Posts : 508
    Join date : 2013-01-05
    Location : The Streets
    Level : 41

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Knock Out on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:10 pm

    Vos' shrug drew a small pout from the medic, rolling his optics lightly. Knock Out liked him for complimenting his talons, but it was clear that he was more stoic than Kaon and thus less likely to play along. The other 'Con was uncharacteristically quiet, quite focused. He didn't have time to linger on it for very long before the next person arrived. Seemingly out of nowhere at that! No dreadlocks so he definitely wasn't a Predator, but Knock Out still eyed the new arrival curiously. Especially that fleshy little package he brought with. "Glory and admiration would be nice...think we could get some sort of parade out of this? Little discount in the city for killing the big bad dragon?" He was hardly serious, though it didn't hurt to ask!

    The sudden arrival of a second human child had the mech frowning. "I thought this was a hunting party, not a daycare!" Seriously, where were the parents?! The mech huffed, but otherwise didn't seem that upset about the human children that were joining. As long as they kept out of the way and didn't get crushed underfoot. A certain animatronic revealed himself, no dogs joining along this time! Knock Out gave him a smirk, waving. "Well, hello hello, Springtrap~!" How interesting! Hope this damn air didn't rust him up. He'd actually like to see how the other robot performed in a fight. The next arrival came from the air, landing heavily and with a thud. Knock Out swayed, grabbing hold of a tree to keep himself steady. Ah, it was Nym! He nodded in greeting, their fight still a very recent memory. Nym fought quite well, he'd be an asset in this fight. Their last teammate came from the trees, landing near Nym and looking like an excited pup. "Fluffy! Are you coming along to murder a dragon, eh? Are you, are you~?!" With a grin, he patted his knees as if greeting a dog. This was sizing up to be an interesting little group! Aside from the human children, Knock Out felt comfortable fighting alongside other Cybertronians, a large Digimon, a Nargacuga, and even Mr. Armored man!

    Once satisfied that all who were going to come had arrived, the group got a move on. The stream was their leader, all of them following it and feeling assured that it would lead out of this damp and horrid forest. Once the humidity began to dissipate, Knock Out's stride became less sluggish and more confident! Eventually they broke free from the treeline and instead found the mountains. They bordered near the wastelands, the mech craning his helm to observe the hot land. It brought back memories of Nevada. With a brief respite so the organics could get their fill of water, the journey continued onward.

    In what seemed like no time at all, the sun was beginning to lower in the sky. Soon it'd be nighttime, and Knock Out had no experience with dragons. Were they nocturnal or not? Would it leave its lair to hunt during the night? He pursed his lips thoughtfully, eyeing the sandstone formations. "You know, lizards like to hide in cracks. Do you think a dragon would as well?" With several large foot steps, the mech approached a crag and began to investigate as carefully as he could. Servoes moved delicately, with surgival precision. He highly doubted the dragon would be in there right now...but perhaps it had left something behind, like scales? Perhaps Fluffy could use that nose of his!
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8532
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by System on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:10 pm

    The member 'Knock Out' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 7
    avatar
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 355
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Location : Stock Pot Inn
    Level : 40

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:50 pm

    Hm, another young human girl... And one that Ttone had apparently encountered in the past. She waved and offered Kyoko a genuine smile. "Nice to see you again!" the child exclaimed happily. "Can't wait to see your magical powers as we fight this dragon together!" Now that was interesting. Rasa 'Jeqkogoai made a mental note as a gigantic creature suddenly fell from the sky, its clawed feet touching the earth with a gentle shake. Could that be the dragon and so quickly!? It had dragon-like features; wings, horns, and ferocious teeth! And yet...

    And yet the creature made no sudden motion to attack - it didn't even roar or brandish its claws menacingly. In fact, the metal-clad beast seemed content to just... stare at them quietly, nodding its great head every so often. The Sangheili released a tense breath and stayed his hand, fingers no longer hovering above his plasma rifle.

    Must be another individual looking to -

    THUMP!

    Hark, the dragon!

    ...The fluffy, friendly dragon.

    "Mm..." Though no one could see the look of growing dismay spreading across Rasa 'Jeqkogoai's face, Ttone was more than capable of reading her guardian's body language. She giggled behind a hand and whispered into the alien's ear, "Mr. Rasa, these are people helping us! The blue one is Nym - he's Mr. Zurg's kid!" She then paused, nose crunching. "I don't think Ms. Aya laid the egg, though..." Maybe... Mr. Kev? He seemed reptilian enough, and Nym appeared fairly lizard-like. As for the furry monster with nightmarish-red eyes, Ttone hadn't a clue. They looked cute, though! Kinda like a giant... dog? Maybe? One of the giant machines seemed to think so; they even treated the monster like a puppy! Whatever the case, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai sighed quietly. "So long as they do not eat their comrades," he muttered to the child.

    Eventually, no additional bodies surfaced out of the woodwork (or pounced from the shadows without a moment's notice...), meaning they could finally embark on their mission. Good! The sooner Rasa 'Jeqkogoai unloaded his plasma rifle and satisfied the hunt, the sooner he could return home with Ttone - alive. They had only to follow the stream and stay close.

    It was admittedly a routine, non-suspect trek to the outer edges of the forest. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

    Lush vegetation gave way to coarse sands, the Sangheili's heels noting the change in heat, and his combat visor readjusted accordingly to the change in natural lighting. He assessed the climate differences, speaking calmly to the others. "Hm... open sky and plenty of land to maneuver; perfect for a firefight," the Sangheili remarked. Assuming the dragon's lair was nearby. If not, they will have to improvise their battle tactics. Amber eyes noted the trickling stream beside their feet. "How is our water, Ttone?" The child dug into their essentials and offered her guardian a thumb's up. "We're good, Mr. Rasa!" He replied with a silent nod and directed his eyes to the windswept land, observing one of the machines fiddle with nearby painted rocks. Seems the party wished to survey the area for any potential clues... "Should we help?" Ttone murmured. Again, the Sangheili nodded, taking a few steps forward and standing tall on a rock formation, his gaze traveling across the horizon. "Scan the vicinity for anything amiss," he instructed the child. "Look for scales, teeth, half-finished carrion, or imprints in the earth. We'll find the beast soon enough." Together, they combined their eyesight and searched for any signs of the dragon's whereabouts.
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8532
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by System on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:50 pm

    The member 'Rasa 'Jeqkogoai' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 5

    Sponsored content

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:05 am