Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0


    Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Share
    avatar
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 244
    Join date : 2014-06-15
    Location : Stockpot Inn: Room 405
    Level : 30

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Kyoko Sakura on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:49 pm

    "Nice to see you too!" Good, so the other girl did remember her! And, she remembered Kyoko's badass powers. Smirking confidently, she threw in a wink. "You know it! I can't wait to see if you fight like a knight, too!" Both Ttone and her mysterious 'Mr. Rasa' friend. The teenager eyed the armored man curiously. Kyoko was quite glad to see that the little girl had not disappeared, after her mother had vanished... Well, the redhead had assumed the worst. Instead, it seems this man stepped in to help out. She had enough sense not to say anything outright, and focused her attention on the mouthy and shiny robot. "Hey, blow it out your butt, you big ole bucket of bolts! Just because we're kids doesn't mean we can't kick ass!" If she had to, she'd gladly kick that shiny one to prove her point!

    Huffing lowly, the teenager turned her head as more people arrived. One of them was Springtrap, who got an enthusiastic wave from the teenager. "Hi!" She was more than familiar with the rabbit animatronic by now! After him came a large creature that almost made her think of a dragon! But, from the large head to the single tiny organic arm, it was clear that this was more of a...cyber-dino! Ttone spoke his name, and Kyoko gasped lightly. "Oh, Nym! Long time no see!" Last time she'd seen him, he was...a bit smaller, and red! He'd obviously undergone one of those changes he'd mentioned, becoming bigger and badder than ever! "Looking badass!" The last to arrive cut a path through the trees, eventually landing near Nym. Kyoko recognized him as the fluffy beast who'd let her fly on his back once, giving him a happy little wave. Wow, she didn't think she'd know so many of the people here!

    As the group moved on, Kyoko remained close to Rasa and Ttone. Partially because she didn't went to get in the way of their larger group members, and partially to help keep an eye on Ttone. Even though she wasn't to be underestimated, a part of her was worried about something happening. Dragons could be pretty dangerous, after all! The stuffy musk of fungi began to lessen as they walked, the air not as damp! They were leaving behind the thick woods, and onto clearer and more expansive grounds. The mountains! She stood on her tiptoes and observed the far off mountain peaks. Steep hills and large trees! Oh, it made her very excited. The wastes were interesting too, a long stretch of desert and sand! Cool as it was, she hoped they didn't go that way. Just thinking about it put her in the mood for water. Kyoko knelt down by the stream, cupped the babbling water in her hands, and brought them to her mouth to drink. Once she was satisfied, the redhead brushed her palms against her shorts to dry them.

    "Yeesh, where does the time go?" The sun wasn't on their side, signaling that night would be upon them soon. While one of the robots went to search the rocks for clues, another seemed to be making an odd clicking sound with his mouth. Livewire made sounds like that when upset. Was something wrong with him? She stared for perhaps too long at Kaon before hearing Rasa's suggestion to Ttone and deciding to join in. Kyoko shook her head and bent down, eyes scanning the area for any sign of dragon tracks!
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8641
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by System on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:49 pm

    The member 'Kyoko Sakura' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 10
    avatar
    Springtrap
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 67
    Join date : 2017-08-29
    Location : outer district
    Level : 6

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Springtrap on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:30 am

    There weren't that many in this group that Springtrap recognized, other than Kyoko and Knock Out... and of course, Curiosity. Other than a simple hello to both the aforementioned and a nod to the fluffy beast, it seemed everyone was ready to get moving. This was fine for him; the faster they got to this dragon, the faster they could dispose of it. The animatronic may not have looked like a contender in any sort of fight, what with his body (from what wasn't concealed by the cloak) looking ragged and rusted, but he had quite the many tricks up his sleeves... It was just a matter of when to expose them.

    For a while, they trekked through, into the mountains where the air became dryer and the ground more solid. It was good for Springtrap, not having to deal with anything other than rocks in his frame was preferable. It was also... mesmerizing. He had never seen anything like this... the forest, the grasslands, the mountains... it was all very new to him. As dusk fell, his optics glowed eerily and kept looking around, akin to a child bewildered by their surroundings. Insects that flew by were carefully handled as he caught them, holding and examining them before release. There were lizards, too, once they hit the mountains, but they were far too fast for him to catch, and he didn't want to stray too far from the pack--er, party--just to hold it for a few seconds.

    After a bit, it seemed like others began to survey the area, searching high and low for any sort of clue regarding the dragon's whereabouts. There wasn't much he could do... Springtrap was far from advanced, but his optics still worked wonders, and his attention to detail was still just as good, despite his potato-like processors.

    Kneeling down, Springtrap's hand rested along the ground as his optics scanned the area, searching for any signs of movement; there was little wind, and if this was a dragon, the pressure from its wings would surely have moved or shifted the dirt and rocks beneath it. That, and perhaps, he could find something that fell off of it. At this point, he was sort of sad not to have brought one of his pack with him... but they were far safer where they were.
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8641
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by System on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:30 am

    The member 'Springtrap' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 6
    avatar
    Nym
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 467
    Join date : 2013-09-06
    Age : 5
    Location : Wherever needed.
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Nym on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:40 am

    Ahh, he remembered Kyoko. They met at the park, where he tried his best to relax while little children attempted to ride him like a slide or climb him like a jungle gym... "Hello. It is nice to see you, too." Golden eyes shifted from a serious stare to a softer look, a small smile curling along his lips until a THUD right next to him caught him off-guard. Eyes went back to a serious tone, slits narrowed as he looked over Curiosity with a hint of disdain, but said nothing and did nothing to his potential team-mate. A mellow feeling overcame Nym after closing his eyes and releasing a loud huff, nostrils flared and a grumble emitting from his throat. "If we are all here, we should begin," he suggested, mechanical claw flexing instinctively.

    Thus, they were all on their way, leaving from their meet-up and heading upwards towards the mountains. It was kind of scenic, and while Nym saw most things from the sky, it was almost new seeing things from the ground. Each step he took was careful as not to crush any of the smaller team-mates around him, sometimes leaning in close to those he had not seen before and sneaking a sniff of their scent. Kyoko still smelled the same, as did Knock Out, and the two new Cyber-whats-its... their scents weren't remarkable. The armor-clad individual who had a small human strapped to his back had an interesting scent, as did the odd robotic animal-man. Curiosity... he kept his distance from. Not out of hatred, but out of concern, and caution.

    The stream came into view and, as others took a quick stop, Nym immediately dunked his head into the water, enjoying the cold sensation and drinking in a good amount. Shaking his head, Nym licked his lips and was ready to head off again, where they would finally hit the mountains.

    Sniff sniff...

    Hm... the scent was stronger now... he couldn't pin-point it exactly, but it was definitely more obvious--to him at least. Nostrils flared once more as the disgusting scent tickled them, and while others looked around for signs or clues of this dragon's whereabouts, Nym walked nearby, nose high in the air and sniffed loudly. Sniff sniff!
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8641
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by System on Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:40 am

    The member 'Nym' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 9
    avatar
    Curiosity
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 229
    Join date : 2018-03-04
    Location : Between life and death
    Level : 10

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Curiosity on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:40 am

    "Fluffy! Are you coming along to murder a dragon, eh? Are you, are you~?!"

    ”Prrr- HUFFfff!...”

    A familiar voice cooed at him to gain the beast’s attention. Curi purred happily at the attention, but then realized that it seemed like he was being mocked. So with a snort and an upward tilt of his beakmaw the beast stopped his purring to give the shiny red bot a look of mild distain for such actions. He was no Zinogre and shall not allow himself to be categorize as a doggo. Besides a nargacuga was more feline than those Fanged Wyverns... Tigrexes don’t count...

    Returning Springtrap’s nod of greeting and Kyoko’s friendly wave with his own nod Curiosity stole a glance at the large purple bulk of Nym. The last he’d seen the cyborg he’d been blasted with embers and had fallen unconscious. He had been under the influence of a curse, and the loud huff only verified that the creature had not forgotten. Releasing a huffsigh of his own the intelligent beast looked away and followed the hunting party. He stayed towards the rear as his spiked tail would less likely hurt anyone.

    Sniff... Sniff..

    Oh? Who is this?? Curiously, the beast prowled closer to the large shiny creature. He eyed the imposing figure’s sizeable hands as they hovered near their weapon, probably a ranged one from the look of it. The intelligent beast knew enough about guns to spot one, even if it was more high tech than he was used to.

    ...Sniff?

    Human? Curi from his position behind the the shiny hunter, to where the human scent was coming from. And low and behold strapped to its back was a human child. A cute one in hunting gear. Was this how hunters were trained? Brought in deadly missions to fight elder dragons strapped on the backs of... their ummm... mothers?

    Sniff.. Sniff?

    Errmmmm... not human... perhaps a guardian? Not sure if female... The larger being was definitely not the human’s mount, even with the human riding it’s back. What they shared was different from.... never mind. There was a Vaal to kill and this was no time to think about her.

    Slowly the beast prowled behind the party, he had moved closer to the armored figure to get a better look of the tiny human. Curious red eyes blinked in awe at how tiny these humans were. Sniff?

    ’Whats a Hatchling doing out here?’

    It was only now that he’d realized he had gotten very close to the child, she was about an arm’s length from his cheek. Hopefully she’d not scream at his closeness it would be a good way to start a hunt on the wrong paw.

    Once the party had stopped at the base of the mountain to survey the landscape before them, Curi watched as the cyborg and the little girl drank their fill of the nearby stream. He’d have joined them but something didn’t settle very well in this scene, but he couldn’t put his paw on it.

    Carefully moving ahead Curiosity took to the air in a silent jump. He used the very helpful wind currents to lazily glide over the landscape. The coming darkness only made his vision sharper as he took a bird’s eye view of the sandstone and granite crags for any sign of the the elder dragon. As a nocturnal creature seeing in the dark was much easier then in the day time. Perhaps there was something one would need to look at from above to see?
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8641
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by System on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:40 am

    The member 'Curiosity' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 7
    avatar
    Game Master
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 354
    Join date : 2010-10-17
    Level : ??

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Game Master on Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:04 am

    Each of you scoured the sands, the crags, and even the skies in hopes of discovering anything worthwhile. Some of you were luckier than others, and some of you... Well, suffice to say, no one returned to the party empty-handed (though a few of you may wish you had). Once you were finished playing Indiana Jones, it was time to bring everyone else up to speed.



    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai and Ttone (roll: 5) wrote:After navigating through cacti and desert brush, one of you spots a large, curved edge partially concealed beneath the stream's glossy pebbles. Could it be a clue? You hastily unearth the item and feel around its yellowed edges, noting the size and shape of your discovery. Whatever it is, it's quite large - nearly as big as a man's forearm. Upon further inspection, you heft the gigantic remnant to the sunlight and make a harrowing discovery: it's a tooth - and there's likely more where it came from...

    Springtrap (roll: 6) wrote: Kssssssssss-tk-tk-tk-tk-tk...!

    Oh dear, it seems you've sprung something unpleasant. One could even say it's a 'trap'.

    Before you can even blink, a creature strikes at your hand. The perpetrator is none other than a rattlesnake, and it seems you have disturbed its burrow. However, because you have the pleasure of being an animatronic (and a supernatural pizzeria abomination to nature itself), the rattlesnake's fangs do little to penetrate your metal chassis. Venom drips harmlessly to the dusty earth below. Disorientated, it slithers hastily away to the nearest hole it can find. Toothaches aren't fun for anybody.

    Kaon and Vos, Knock Out, and Curiosity (roll: 7) wrote:Nice, triple sevens. When playing the slots, this is known as 'jackpot'; or, if frequenting religious circles, the Almighty's lucky number. You found neither, unfortunately.

    Kaon and Vos: despite your best efforts (and intent tongue-clicking), the both of you stumbled upon a somewhat ironic find behind a heavy sandstone boulder. The two of you found the messily separated halves of the same dead animal; it's condition so badly decomposed, you could discern nothing save for the fact that it once had a face. And... hooves, maybe. Either way, whatever had savagely bitten into the poor creature had a ginormous bite. Perhaps big enough to snap either of you in twain...

    Knock Out: lizards do like to hide in crags, but do you know what else does?

    Splat!

    Dead things. More specifically, half-eaten dead bodies that have been stuffed into 'hidey holes' for later consumption. You had the misfortune of 'finding' a somewhat fresh kill, blood and visceral matter oozing down your immaculate - oh, pardon, once-immaculate finish. Hey, at least it wasn't a crummy old boot. A shame that this pitiful creature hadn't been killed by the dragon, however. The bites were far too small and narrow. Better put it back where you found it lest you antagonize the perpetrator...

    Curiosity: to the skies you flew, subjugating the air beneath your mighty wings. Nothing escaped your vigilant gaze as you soared proudly amidst the heavens. But as you circled and dove and circled again, weaving your body majestically between the thermals, you discovered it was rather... boring up here. And lonely, but mostly boring. Ah, but what is this? Something was quickly approaching! Something modest in size, covered in feathers, and - oh, it was just a soaring vulture. Like you, it was probably looking for anything worthwhile; something like the dead animal carcasses down below that your metal companions found.

    By the time it realized you were hot on its tail feathers and looking to move onto brighter pastures, it shrieked loudly and left you with a - spurrrt! - generous helping of bird droppings... And right on your furry head, no less! It seemed not everything was wonderful in the clouds.

    Nym (roll: 9) wrote:When in doubt, just follow your nose. It usually worked.

    There was indeed a scent carried by the northeast wind. A scent so unpleasant it made your stomach curdle. Rancid... Sour... Overwhelming... You knew instantly what this was, because one of your fathers slept with it every night. This was the unmistakable stench of rot. And the odor seemed to be wafting out of a foreboding gorge roughly two-hundred meters northeast of your party's location...

    Kyoko Sakura (roll: 10) wrote:Like your animatronic friend, you also knelt close to the heated earth and felt around. Unlike him, though, you thankfully didn't irritate any of the local wildlife. Oh no, you found something far more disagreeable.

    After flipping over half a dozen rocks and finding little of interest, your hand brushed against something leathery. And that something was none other than... a boot. That's right, a boot. It was crummy. It was old. And - say... this weathered thing felt surprisingly heavy, didn't it? Curious, you reached inside and withrew - oh. How... unlucky. By the time you realized your mistake, the damage had been done. In your clutches was now a severed foot, and it had been partially-eaten by the insects native to this region. You could tell because a carrion beetle wriggled out of the decayed flesh and rapidly scurried up your arm.

    On the plus side, you also found monstrous tracks (after you were done shrieking, of course) that were bigger than yourself and indicated hooked talons. They led to a gorge two-hundred meters northeast of the party...
    avatar
    Kaon and Vos
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 123
    Join date : 2018-08-17
    Location : Stock Pot Inn, room 117
    Level : 6

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Kaon and Vos on Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:16 am

    "...found a kill." Kaon's tone was quiet. "Having trouble making out any features." A sense of foreboding entered his tone and for once, this hunt didn't seem so great. In fact, it felt a little terrifying. Not that he would let his facial features betray any hint of emotion. His tesla coils seemed to flicker erratically instead.

    Vos would straighten himself, clenching his talons slightly. "Rotted." He seemed to add almost to himself. "Really quite fascinating." Even on a hunt he was quite fascinated by the macabre. Leave it to Kaon's favorite hunting rifle.

    Kaon turned his audials toward the others in case. Echolocation had proven fruitless; just the rotted kill had been among his own findings, and that didn't bode well for finding the beast quickly. It also boded ill for the electrocutioner deep down in his spark but he didn't say it. If he showed fear, Vos might give up too soon, and Tarn had always told him one thing. Keep faith in yourselves and the cause.

    "Rotted kill over here. Anyone else find anything more substantial?" No use in crying over spilled Nucleon. He might as well hear anything else the others had to say. Because it wasn't as though he could see without a little bit of echolocation.

    Vos himself seemed to shift slightly, casting his gaze to the other. When they were ready to move on, then and only then would he be ready to transform. Walking could be tiresome, and Kaon would need a weapon in case. Why not his ride-or-die comrade-and-rifle, yes?
    avatar
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

    Petabyte

    Posts : 559
    Join date : 2013-01-05
    Location : The Streets
    Level : 50

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    550/550  (550/550)
    Stamina Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Knock Out on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:41 pm

    Knock Out's helm tilted as he inspected the crag. There were deep cracks, definitely not big enough for a dragon to scurry into, but perhaps... It'd be big enough to snag a scale! Smirking victoriously, he reached a servo inside and ran his talons along the hidden rock formation. So far, nothing--

    Squelch!

    "..." He stiffened, still as a statue as his talons pierced something... soft and wet! Only the sensation of it dripping down his door sent the mech into action. "AUGH!" Knock Out pulled his arm out and stared down in horror at the awful mess! Ugh! "My decal! My PAINTJOB!" The meticulously buffed and waxed door was smeared with partially congealed blood and rotting bits of flesh! It was as though he'd spilled a disgusting blended mess onto himself. To keep from purging his tanks, the mech disconnected his olfactory senses and did his best to rub the viscera against the rock. "Disgusting...! Mmngh!" Once he was at least partially satisfied, Knock Out craned his helm to inspect his find. Some nasty little creature had apparently stashed their kill into this hidey hole for a snack of some kind. Alas, this was no work of a dragon. Not unless their draconic friend was small enough to be stepped on!

    With a scoff, he left his find behind and returned to the group. Knock Out had thankfully came prepared, and he pulled out a chamois cloth. By the time he was back to the group, he was rubbing his arm and servo down in a very attentive manner. Almost too focused, as he nearly missed Kaon's little status report. "I found a rotten kill as well." He gestured down with his chin, wriggling his talons. "I don't believe it was any handiwork of this dragon, however! Probably some other disgusting organic that lives here. Maybe a mountain lion."
    avatar
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 363
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Location : Stock Pot Inn
    Level : 45

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:18 pm

    Heavy alien feet trudged over sun-bleached stone and hardy desert brush. "I do not think the beast is close by," Rasa 'Jeqkogoai muttered. Curious by his statement, Ttone peered over her guardian's broad shoulder, her eyes following the calm sweeping motion of his plasma rifle. "Why do you say that, Mr. Rasa?" she asked. He merely grunted. "There isn't much here; no piles of cleaned bones, no roost, no feces... The layout of this clearing is too open to make a suitable lair." Ttone predictably scrunched her nose at the mention of dragon poop. "Maybe it's not too far away?" the child suggested. Blue eyes gazed ahead critically, to the untamed horizon. "Maybe it lives somewhere in those canyons? Or further into the desert, hidden deep within a burrow?" It was... a possibility. The Sangheili lowered his weapon and looked to the others, observing their search.

    So far, everyone had been fruitless; nothing of importance was found, barring a couple of unpleasant kills. He dutifully turned his back to the rotted carcass, or its general direction, so that Ttone would not be privy to its grisly appearance. The other dead beast was thankfully hidden in the crags. "Well..." Rasa Jeqkogoai grumbled, "at least we know we're on the right track." Of something, anyway...

    "Mr. Rasa, look! In the stream!"

    Amber eyes immediately trailed after Ttone's finger and were not disappointed by the child's keen vision. There, partially obscured beneath the water's running surface, stood a curved object. The Sangheili furrowed his brow and made his approach, kneeling as best he could beside Ttone's discovery. "...What is it?" she whispered quietly. There was only one way to find out. Dipping both hands into the stream's cool body, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai wrapped his slender fingers around the item and sharply - splash! - tugged, hefting the monstrous thing into the sunlight. "By the gods, this is incredible!" he exclaimed in surprise. In the Sangheili's clutches was something as large as his forearm! It was yellow and surprisingly dense, curved at a wicked angle from tip to base. What could it be?

    It seemed Ttone would have the answer, as she tilted her head to the side and instantly gasped. "It's a tooth! We found a tooth, Mr. Rasa!" His eyes widened. "...By the gods." This was a tooth? If it was, then that meant... A pit hardened in his stomach and the Sangheili rushed to carry their find to the party, not caring for the foliage and possible wildlife trampled underfoot.

    He threw the tooth front and center, letting its weighty body loudly - THUD! - atop the coarse sands, and felt a low growl escape his throat. "That is what we're up against," Rasa 'Jekqogoai remarked.

    The others could surely connect the dots from there.
    avatar
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 244
    Join date : 2014-06-15
    Location : Stockpot Inn: Room 405
    Level : 30

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:19 pm

    Kneeling down upon her knees, Kyoko's hands felt around the stony ground. Heat from the sun radiated off of the sand, reminding her of a preheated oven. It was a comfy sort of feeling! So far all she found was rocks which were thrown off to the side without a care. It clattered against the stone lightly, and soon the teenager had something of a small pile built. She was about to give up and find a different area to inspect when her fingertips brushed against something new! The thing was dusty enough to camouflage with the landscape, but the sensation of leather was all she needed to inspect more carefully! She grabbed hold with both hands and pulled it closer. "A boot?"

    Huh. Somebody out here must be having a very sad hiking experience. They'd lost their shoe! She almost abandoned it, but paused when she felt how heavy it sat in her palms. She bounced it in her grip lightly, testing it. Yep, it was heavier than the average boot! With a curious hum, Kyoko reached her hand inside. Ah! Definitely something in there! Her hands grasped it snugly, and she withdrew whatever had been hiding inside. The smell was what she noticed first, the teen's nose wrinkling with disgust. "Oh fuck!" Well! The hiker was having a very bad time because he'd left behind his foot, too! It had been rotting inside of the shoe, and the flesh was eaten away to reveal details she never really needed to see. At the sight of something scurrying beneath the skin, Kyoko dropped the foot but not in time! Tiny insect legs scurried up her forearm and around the side where she couldn't see! "AAGH! SHIT SHIT SHIT! EEEEEE!" The redhead squealed loudly, waving her arm frantically as she kicked herself away from her dropped find. "Get it off, get it off!" All she could imagine was that awful bug slicing open her skin and slipping inside to eat her away like it did that foot!

    In a panic, Kyoko continued to struggle and kick until she eventually fell off into some sort of ditch. It was a rough landing, hair absolutely everywhere and making her resemble Cousin It, but the teenager was unharmed. She huffed and used the ground to push herself up. Once she was standing, the redhead roughly pushed her hair out of the way. The result was still rather messy, but she didn't care. As long as it was out of her face! "...?" Strands of hair parted before her eyes like curtains, and only now did Kyoko see where she had landed. A patch of ground with deep grooves and gouges in it...and it wasn't alone! With no hesitation, the magical girl dashed ahead and followed the path!

    As she went, her bright eyes inspected the grooves. These definitely weren't natural! It looked more like something had come through here, slashing into the ground with long talons! Kyoko grinned with excitement, eager to tell the rest of the hunting party! She didn't go too far, just long enough to make sure this was an actual path. Indeed, it seemed to lead to a gorge that was quite a walk away! Committing the path to memory, Kyoko ran all the way back to the group. Her shoes skid along the sand, kicking up a light cloud. Her news died upon her tongue at the sight of what Mr. Rasa had thrown down. "Whoa!" It was a huge tooth! Yellowed and sharp, it was a hefty find! Amazed, she knelt down next to it and knocked upon the enamel with her knuckles. "Yeah, that looks about right!" Realizing she ought to explain what she meant, the teen looked up at the group with a proud grin. "I found a boot, and it had a dismembered foot inside! And this beetle crawled onto my hand and it was hella gross, but then I found tracks!" Glancing back to where she'd come from, she gestured with an outstretched hand, north east of their current position. "It was definitely made by something with big talons, and this tooth definitely looks like it'd fit something the size of those tracks! They lead that way, towards a gorge!" She continued to point triumphantly before glancing down at her hand and grimacing. "Also, does anyone have something I can wipe my hands with...?" Kyoko might have been a proud tomboy, but she sure as hell wasn't some pig! Corpses were gross!
    avatar
    Springtrap
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 67
    Join date : 2017-08-29
    Location : outer district
    Level : 6

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Springtrap on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:39 pm

    There didn't appear to be anything noteworthy as Springtrap's optics scanned the dirt. His hand removed a rock or two, passing by some brush until he heard something... odd.

    Kssssssssss-tk-tk-tk-tk-tk...!

    "the fuck is this" Something moved swiftly towards him, too fast for him to even realize, and all he heard next was a tiny tink! Venom dripped through a hole in his hand and onto the ground as a rattlesnake bit him, or attempted to, and failed miserable. Before the animatronic could grab it and remove it, it did so on its own, slithering away in defeat and pain, no doubt. Looking back at where he was investigating, he saw a small hole, and realized swiftly that he must've disturbed its home. A shame, as that was not what he wanted, and that he wished to examine the creature more before it fled.

    But it was not what they were looking for.

    Optics trailed back to his hand that seemed to have venom still inside of it, though not a great amount. He'd have to clean that before heading back home, lest a pack member lick it by accident. The edge of his cloak was taken and used to try to clean it out, but only a small amount of residue remained. As Springtrap did this, a shrilly shriek pierced his auditory receptors, causing him to flinch and stall, releasing a loud DRRRRRRRRRRT in surprise, optics flaring brightly.

    He soon realized it was Kyoko, frightened by a carrion beetle as she was holding a... boot? A sound akin to air being released was his 'sigh', thinking something else had happened and was about to go ballistic or haywire. Soon, the armored creature with the child displayed a tooth, large in size and length, and no doubt part of the dragon they were hunting for. Kyoko spoke up and stated the boot she previously held had a foot inside (gross), proving they were all on the right track. Convenient, and this hopefully meant they'd get to this thing fast and dispose of it swiftly, if their party was as strong as it looked.

    "Also, does anyone have something I can wipe my hands with...?"

    "here" The animatronic offered his cloak--or at least a part that didn't have snake venom on it--for her to remove any undesirable messes from her person. "your shriek pierced the heavens -- hopefully it did not giveaway our position" Springtrap stated, not scolding her, but a little concerned that they may have caught the attention of the dragon, if its hearing was of any good. "let us hope it uses sight instead of hearing for hunting"
    avatar
    Nym
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 467
    Join date : 2013-09-06
    Age : 5
    Location : Wherever needed.
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Nym on Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:53 pm

    Sniff sniff...

    The Digimon carefully stepped along the ground, nose high in the air and eyes half-lidded in an attempt to catch scent of anything. All around him, everything else faded as his hunting instinct seeped in, words and voices muffled. So many scents tried to break through,mostly of his party members. They were all a jumbled mess, really, and it was difficult to pin-point and remove them. As the wyvern-creature hopped up into the sky, the draft of air it kicked up hit Nym's nostrils, filling them with more of the creature's own scent. A small growl emitted from deep within his throat, and the Digimon went further than the others. He was close by... but far enough.

    Sniff sniff sniiiiiff...

    Nym breathed in the air, clear of nearly everyone else's scents, and focused again. Sounds became muffled, and his footsteps forward were cautious and light. There was... something... something that tickled his nostrils, until it nearly slapped him in the face. That pungent and putrid smell... it was rot. It was decay. It was death. And it was exactly what he was looking for. Taking in one more sniff, to be sure, the bile in his stomach churned at it, confirming what it was. The sun set... Nym recalled where the sun was, and using that to track their position, he determined the scent was coming from northeast of them. It wasn't that far off, either.

    Nym turned his attention back to the group, walking over and evaluating what they had (or had not) found. "I can smell it," he said firmly, a low growl in his voice, "it's not far off... northeast of here..." his head turned back in said direction, nostrils flaring once more and pupils narrowed to near-invisible slits. "We must prepare. We must be ready. All there is is death and decay that awaits us." Ominous, but the truth.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:41 pm