Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0


    Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Share
    avatar
    Curiosity
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2018-03-04
    Location : Between life and death
    Level : 5

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Curiosity on Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:38 am

    ”Trrr!...”

    Nothing beats feeling the wind through your fur and the lift of thermals. Well there was one thing that the beast would have liked to change. The breath taking view, buzz of excitement, and  a nibble of danger would have been much better if there was someone to share it with. She would have loved it...

    So with a deep huffsigh the Deviant continued to look down from lonely view from above. Scouting in the sky alone was boring but if gave one time to think. Now was not the time to think about it, so Curious pushed away these thoughts and circled higher.

    Sniffle... Huff..”

    Fluffy dark ears perked at the familiar sound of lazy flying and the flutter of feathers. Perhaps it was a Qurupeco? No... it was too small. Silently the curious Deviant angled himself closer to the other winged creature circling above. Of course once it noticed it had something big and scary at its tail it let loose a loud startled ”SQWAAAAKKKK?!”, and quite literally shat itself. In a hurry to move away from the large predator the scavenger didn’t have time to aim its droppings and only managed to anger the curious beast.

    ’How dare!’

    With a tilt here, a few wing flaps, and a snap of his mighty beakmaw the poopertrator was no more than a feathery snack. Of course the angry Deviant took his time in taking deliberate slow crunches of this feather light snack. Once he finished his sadistic chewing the beast set his keen eyes once more spotted the convenient stream from before. The hunting party could wait. Whipping around in midair, Curi dove for the stream with only one thought in mind.

    SPLOOOSHH!

    With his paws ankle deep in the flowing water and the soiled part of his fluffy head dipped in the current, the beast took care of the mess. He even made sure to keep his furry his ears out of the liquid. A good thing to since the tiny human and her guardian returned to dump their finding on the sandy floor. Thud!

    ”Sniff...Huff..”

    ’Tulsit... Its a big one...’


    "AAGH! SHIT SHIT SHIT! EEEEEE!... Get it off, get it off!"

    His thought were interrupted by a screech followed by more screaming. The beast finches at the sound, prowled closer to the sound to find it was just Kyoko. As soon as the screams had ended, the Nargacuga shook off as much off the water as he could while the ringing of the his ears started to let off. Luckily, he’d been quick enough to dunk the droppings. A while longer the current would have needed help to remove traces of the embarrassing event.

    The beast was still crunching on his feathery snack when the others had gathered up to share their findings. 3 corpses(or parts of them), a large tooth, a boot(foot included), large foot prints leading somewhere, and some serpent venom. Comically, there was what seemed like some wing feathers sticking out of the side of his beakmaw. He huffed as if to express his frustration with coming back empty from his trip to the sky. Curi highly doubted that this boney bird would count as a finding, but the fact there was a scavenger flying about that could be a sign that there were rotting corpses of fresh kills. This demon bred elder dragon couldn’t be too far away. Could it?

    Then Nym returned with the news of the dragon’s scent. Curiously, the beast swallowed the tiny bird, the back of his mind wondered if a certain avian would taste the same. Once clear of the snack’s scent he shuttered his red eyes and opened his beakmaw slightly before testing the scents in the air.

    Sniff.. sniff..
    Metal... Guardian of little human... humans... Nym... old cloth... rot
    Sniff.. Sniff...

    His regal head turning this way and that searching as he sniffed for the mentioned smell. Lo and behold the scent of carrion and a beastly rot, distinct to the species of elder dragon met his nostrils. Pausing the beast opened to reveal slitted pupils and a low rumbling growl of agreement.
    avatar
    Game Master
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 346
    Join date : 2010-10-17
    Level : ??

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Game Master on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:20 am

    A tooth, animal carcasses (one still delightfully fresh), tracks, and a rotting smell drifting on the wind... It would seem you had a direction to follow: northeast, to the towering gorge ahead of your hunting party. This signaled the next leg of your journey and the sun wasn't getting any higher. You left the trickling stream behind, never to see it again as you trekked forward.

    Reaching the gorge hadn't been terribly difficult.

    That nauseating odor permeating the air to the point of suffocation, however...

    You tried your hardest not to gag. The aroma was so powerful, so repulsive that your eyes began to water and your throat nearly swelled shut (should it be applicable). Just what caused this horrendous stench!? As if the heavens had heard your disgusted thoughts, the answer became as clear as crystal: offal. Lots and lots of offal, and what were discarded body parts without hungry fungi and bottom feeders to gorge themselves upon such an abundant feast? Bone of all sizes jutted out from the porous walls like the jaws of a slumbering titan. It was so very, very quiet...






    It was humid.

    It was madly sickening.

    And your eyes (or optics) couldn't help but note the yellow spores proliferating the area. The unmistakable bitter taste of acid wormed its way down your throat. Hopefully, nothing you inhaled would come back to bite you later... Dissolving flesh squelched beneath your heels as you pressed forward, determination read clearly on your face. It took great effort not to kick a skull or a rib cage with every step.

    Though difficult for the larger members, both you and your hunting party ventured through the narrow pass without incident. You wisely touched nothing for fear of risking infection. Up ahead, a pale light shone in the distance, guiding your party to a sizeable opening. It was here that you decided to steal a quick rest beneath dripping stalactites and noxious fumes. Your attention shifted to the countless bodies of dead animals and unfortunate travelers strewn throughout the caves; could this really be the dragon's doing? All of this? Or was there something more sinister lurking just beyond where your gaze couldn't reach? Perhaps now was the perfect opportunity to devise a strategy...




    Music:

    avatar
    Kaon and Vos
    Kilobyte

    Kilobyte

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2018-08-17
    Location : Wherever we roam
    Level : 1

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Kaon and Vos on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:21 am

    He couldn't see any of it, but the scent on Kaon's chemoreceptors offended even a dealer of death among Cybertronians. Tesla coils crackled erratically, cracking and snapping; every sound seemed to echo back like squelching pedefalls. It was strange; even a mech who made a living perfecting the art of torture and massacre couldn't help but be strangely sickened by the scent of death on the air, the squish of dead beneath. This had to be the place.

    Vos, perhaps thankfully, lacked chemoreceptors, and could not smell the rank, fetid odors around them. However, unlike with the impressively rotted kill from before, everything around gave even the near-emotionless mech the heebie-jeebies. He had wisely chosen to hold his servos together, talons curled against himself while he walked; he almost pitied Knock Out with his broader frame and Kaon with his wide tesla coils, but even they had negotiated the pass with no incident. Thank Primus he himself was perhaps the skinniest Decepticon ever forged.

    "It should be nearby." Of course, ever captain obvious, Vos was blunt about his statement. He seemed to press against Kaon instinctively, despite the faint tendrils of electricity that lapped his frame. He vented and flexed his claws. "Perhaps I transform? Kaon need use weapon."

    Kaon vented softly. "Vos, I'll remember if it comes to that. We may need all servos on deck for this. Like when we dispatched Black Shadow." Caution was what Kaon preached for once. It was strange for the mech who usually threw caution to the wind and rushed in with a raging charge of electricity bristling along him. His opticless face turned to the others, perhaps a bit grave compared to normal.

    "Those who can attack from a distance should. I may need to weaponize Vos myself to do so, though I fear this will be an all-servos-on-deck situation. We don't know what it's capable of yet. Those who can hang back and observe in battle should. I don't believe it cowardice. Merely a chance to learn what we're up against."

    Vos himself gave a sage nod of agreement, flexing the pins and springs of his servos tightly, his talons clenching. His right servo rested on his faceplate, seeming less like a facepalm, and more like he was ready to remove it and weaponize it if need be. Those who had seen it in the Sanctuary knew that his face was perhaps his signature weapon, and unlike Kaon who preferred to hang back, he wanted to get up close and personal.

    "Fast and limber, strike alongside me?" Vos asked, seemingly trying to figure out what would be the strategic course of action.
    avatar
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

    Petabyte

    Posts : 508
    Join date : 2013-01-05
    Location : The Streets
    Level : 41

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Knock Out on Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:11 pm

    The lack of concern regarding the mess on his person made Knock Out frown. If only Scaramouche and Lunette were here! They'd be all over him, soothing his bruised ego. The mech pouted to himself and stashed his chamois cloth away. The cleanup wasn't perfect, but it'd do for now. The not-Predator and his human pet returned with a sizable tooth that looked to be the size of his very own servo! Yep, the kill he found definitely hadn't been the work of the dragon. "I can tell this thing must take after its father in the hygiene department." Knock Out snarked, regarding the yellowed thing with a critical optic. With a tooth that size, perhaps the dragon was nearly as big as Predaking? What an awful thought. The other human child had apparently found a pathway to a gorge, along with a foot still in its boot. Springtrap offered her his cloak for her to wipe her hands on and pointed out that her shrieking could have drawn attention to them. Ignoring the fact that he too had cried out when he'd been sullied, the mech rolled his optics. "Oh, wouldn't that just be grand?" See, this is why children don't come on these sort of trips!

    Nym returned to confirm their path, with more specific directions than 'that way'. "Death and decay, that sounds about right. The paper asking for us to hunt it down mentioned that the dragon was destroying the lands. It must be causing some sort of...blight, within that gorge!" Eugh...perhaps Knock Out should have thought ahead and brought several chamois cloths. If he survived, this fight was going to be a doozy to wash off! They were on the fast track to finding this disgusting reptile and ridding the Breach of it! Their last member of the group divebombed into the stream and had himself a little swim. Fluffy's reliability for recon was going to be...difficult. Even if he had found something, how were they to riddle it out?! Best to just let him lose like an attack dog. The feathers earned a curious glance though. Did he find himself a snack in the skies?

    With everyone in one place and their information exchanged, it was time to head Northeast. Knock Out thought ahead and wisely kept his olfactory sensors off. Death and decay didn't exactly bode well for the nose! The organics would have some issues, but he was more concerned about his own comforts. The gorge was most definitely not gorgeous, the walls and ground lined with mutilated corpses. "Mmngh...!" Even with his olfactory senses turned off, he could almost imagine how this awful little graveyard would smell! A disgusted look crossed his facial plating and seemed permanently etched on there.

    As they continued along, the mech eventually noticed some yellow spores floating in the air. He eyed them, swiping a talon out to catch one on the tip. He rolled the spore between his digits, glancing at the more organic members of their group. "There's something in this air." There wasn't too much concern regarding Kaon, Vos, Springtrap, and himself. They were robotic, after all! Surely their filters and everything else could catch this and keep it out of anything important. Even though there was an odd acidic taste in the back of his throat that reminded him of high grade... "Be wary." He eventually warned, turning back to the path before them. Ugh. This stupid beast was a horribly messy eater! Every step was like constantly walking upon a carpet made of decomposing flesh, and it made the mech want to squirm each time! He of course, couldn't squirm, because the path was becoming a bit narrow. The pointy kibble sticking out of his shoulders made it a bit difficult to navigate, the Cybertronian shifting to the best of his ability to avoid getting stuck. Shrinking was always an option, but he'd be more useful in a fight at his full height!

    The clearing couldn't have come sooner, Knock Out eager to get out of such claustrophobic surroundings! The stalactites earned a glance, the mech inwardly wondering if they'd gone from a gorge to a cave. With a bit more freedom here, the medic squirmed from helm to pedes. "I've seen a lot of things, but this takes the cake for most disgusting!" He hissed sharply, hugging his elbows with a shiver. Even in this little sanctuary, he could spy even more dead things and scavengers lurking nearby.

    "Those who can attack from a distance should.  I may need to weaponize Vos myself to do so, though I fear this will be an all-servos-on-deck situation.  We don't know what it's capable of yet.  Those who can hang back and observe in battle should.  I don't believe it cowardice.  Merely a chance to learn what we're up against."

    Strategy was always a welcome discussion, but Knock Out knew better than to volunteer himself for bait. Turning towards the blind 'Con, he raised a talon lightly. "I'm a medic, so I really should hang back so I can repair the bai-I mean, volunteers!" His abilities were admittedly more useful in a close fight. He had no long range weapons, nothing to chuck in this beast's general direction, but like the Pit was he going to go first! Knock Out might as well just march into its maw and close its jaw for it! Perhaps if they had a second wave, or after they saw how this beasty attacked... But for now? The Con straightened up and looked ready to fight if anyone tried to force him into the front lines.
    avatar
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 355
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Location : Stock Pot Inn
    Level : 40

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:38 pm

    Grotesque.

    Absolutely, utterly grotesque.

    They found the dragon's lair, alright. And its breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the very first step - from last week.

    The entire floor was carpeted in rotting flesh and exposed bone, and the air itself... By the gods, even the air itself was rife with filth! Sensors echoed warning chimes throughout Rasa 'Jeqkogoai's visor; they were undoubtedly alerted to possible fungal contamination, and if these spores were airborne... "Mmm..." Ttone immediately became green in the face and covered her nose and mouth with her jacket. "Mr. Rasa, I don't feel so well..." That made two of them, but for entirely different reasons. The Sangheili's hand swiftly reached for his harness' breathing apparatus and offered it to the child, unconcerned for his well-being. His helmet would provide adequately protection - for now. "Put this on, do not ask questions. That is an order," the warrior demanded sternly. She thankfully voiced no dissent and obeyed as was told, inhaling and exhaling with the awkward device as best she could.

    Kssssst... koooo..

    Kssssst... koooo...


    Not the best and certainly not meant for human mouths, but it was centuries better than the alternative. Rasa 'Jeqkogoai looked to the others - more importantly, to the organics who didn't have breathing apparatuses - and wondered if he should pity or admonish their ill-planning. Poor bastards... The Sangheili raised his plasma rifle and assumed a defensive stance, his muscles tensing beneath all the armor. Well, it was now or never. They needed a plan and Rasa 'Jeqkogoai felt right at home on the battlefield.

    "We should engage in stealth," he advised, his voice barely above a hushed murmur. "Ttone and I can scale the walls for a better vantage point; my stealth generator will ensure we are unseen. If any of you have private comms, now would be the time to exchange frequencies. Otherwise, I suggest radio silence unless something of importance is found. The more noise we make, the stronger likelihood for causalities." Though she wouldn't see it, amber eyes locked onto a certain young lady who squealed at the mere presence of insects. "No. Noise." He looked to the machines and contemplated their individual strategies, deeming both having their merits. Alien fingers then gestured to the red one. The squeamish red one. "Agreed, stay in the back; you are the biggest and your size has a greater chance of protecting our flank." Only the most arrogant of predators would sink its greedy teeth into a bite larger than it could chew. Assuming, of course, the dragon's mouth wasn't wider than their largest companion. As for the other two, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai preferred seeing them in the front to provide a metal bulwark for the smaller, more fragile companions in the party. Not quite fodder, per se... but it wasn't a particularly glorious assignment.

    However, that was not the Sangheili's call and he was not the party's leading figure. He instead clambered up a mighty heap of bone, grimacing at its slimy texture, and vaulted over the festering chasm to land atop a rocky outcrop. "Remember," Rasa 'Jeqkogoai whispered, "stay vigilant, ready your weapons, and keep the noise down." That was the last warning he gave before vanishing into thin air, the alien and his young charge nowhere to be seen.
    avatar
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 227
    Join date : 2014-06-15
    Location : Stockpot Inn: Room 405
    Level : 25

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:42 pm

    "Thanks!" Without a complaint, she grabbed hold of the cloak when it was offered and wiped her hands down. Kyoko paused when the rabbit pointed out just how loud she'd been. Under normal circumstances it'd be whatever, but when they were hunting a dragon... "Oh..." Face blushing a deep scarlet, the teen dropped the cloak. "S-sorry, I..." There wasn't a good excuse, was there? So what if she got startled by the bug?! A bug was better than a dragon! The magical girl fell quiet, embarrassed at her girlish shrieking. And on her first real adventure here too! When Nym arrived to share his news, she did little else but nod. So the tracks were correct after all, definitely leading in the same direction of that mysterious gorge.

    Kyoko was thankful that she'd enjoyed the sights on the way to this place, because it was clear that everything from this point on would be disgusting. Gone were the picturesque trees and babbling brooks, dignified crags and looming mountains. Instead, the gorge was lined with partially eaten corpses that stretched across the floor! Bones poked out of bloated flesh. Her mind immediately went to that awful foot! Kyoko covered her mouth with her hands, resisting the urge to vomit her lunch all over the ground. It was horrible, the closest thing she ever come to something like this (aside from the boot) had been the occasional roadkill on the side of the road. The smell was absolutely suffocating, as if she were just swimming in guts! The teen had no goggles to use, but she did have an idea!

    Shrugging off her dark green jacket, Kyoko covered her own face with the jacket. Using the sleeves, she tied it around the back of her head with a tight knot! Nobody could see it, but she was smirking proudly at her idea. Improvised gas mask! There was far too much rot and decay to be perfect, but having this layer over her mouth and nose was a lot better than just covering her face with her hands. The air was even more humid than the forest where they'd all met up, though this was a lot more sickening. It was moist because of the heat, because bacteria was cooking up in here, because these bodies were melting into an awful soup! Even worse, there was definitely something floating in the air. Kyoko's only reassurance was that, whatever damage this atmosphere did, she could always heal with magic. Her body was basically dead anyway! It wasn't like some decaying cancer shit was gonna do anything to her.

    Keeping her footsteps light, the redhead easily squeezed her way through their path. She tried to ignore the constant squelching beneath the soles of her shoes. Kyoko's throat stung with the sensation of acid in the back of her throat, as if she'd downed far too much soda. Beneath her improvised mask, the teen retched. A light ahead seemed to be their salvation, and the careful steps seemed even more weightless as the magical girl pressed onward. "Phew..." Now she didn't feel as if she were trying to crawl out of a horrid flesh soup! Nym wasn't kidding when he said that all that awaited them was death and decay...

    Fluffing her jacket to fan her face and release some built up warmth that was building on her face, Kyoko turned towards the sound of voices. Oh, they were planning! ...Shit, this wasn't an area where she excelled. Fighting a witch didn't need too much strategy. Track the witch down, then bum rush her! Strategy was more Homura and Mami's shtick, the two able to plan something and basically point Kyoko towards their enemy. She was great at following directions! ...Mostly.

    "No. Noise."

    Three guesses who that was referring to. Kyoko cringed, but did little else besides a few mumbles to herself. "Fine, fine." Mr. Rasa and Ttone decided to scout ahead. The red idiot was a big fat chicken, told to bring up the rear. The other two robots seemed as if they might split up, with Vos asking for the faster fighters to fight alongside him. Craning her head, the teen watched the alien climb up their sickening surroundings. With one final reminder, he and Ttone turned invisible. "That shit's useful." She whispered, a tiny bit jealous. Well, it felt like it was time for her to make a decision of some kind, and a decision she would make. Kyoko stepped over to Vos, palm suddenly holding a strange egg shape in it. Even stranger was when a spearhead seemed to poke out of it, quite large and sharp as well. "I'll strike with ya! I'm fast, quick, and I hit like a tank with this." An entire spear was stored within, waiting to be withdrawn completely. "I'll fight as hard as I can." She held back on a full transformation, figuring that she'd need to save up her magic for the right moment. Until then, it didn't hurt to have her spear partially revealed like this! She smirked beneath her jacket, no hint of fear in her blazing eyes. "I'm ready when you guys are."
    avatar
    Springtrap
    Megabyte

    Megabyte

    Posts : 58
    Join date : 2017-08-29
    Location : outer district
    Level : 1

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Springtrap on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:42 am

    Thankfully, so far, the noises the other teammates made didn't seem to attract anything. Yet. But as they went onward, the surrounding area became less scenic and more decayed. If he had anything to compare it to, it would be a dilapidated building of sorts, but even this was worse. By now, he was truly thankful for having left his pack back home, for they would have to breathe this stuff in. Luckily for himself, however, he had no sense of smell, and no trouble with the grotesque nature of any of this. Springtrap certainly didn't want to touch it, but it wasn't really a choice at this point.

    They halted their advance and talked strategy. It seemed that those who excelled at ranged attacks would be best in the back, but Springtrap lacked anything ranged, other than the ability of some sparks here and there, but even they weren't well suited for a long distance. It seemed he'd be with the one named Vos and Kyoko, as he quietly stepped up beside them, hood on his cloak up. "i am quick and quiet" he stated, keeping himself hidden beneath the cloak. "i have some -- home-made devices -- that can be used at close or long range -- along with my own abilities."

    What they were, he'd keep secret for now. Looking around, however, he wondered if fire would be a good idea in such a place... Springtrap would save these home-made devices until they truly needed them, as a last resort.
    avatar
    Nym
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 453
    Join date : 2013-09-06
    Age : 5
    Location : Wherever needed.
    Level : 55

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    600/600  (600/600)
    Stamina Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Nym on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:50 am

    With each step closer to the source, Nym's nostrils burned, and it became harder for him to keep his eyes from watering. Despite the irritation, he went on, ignoring it in favor of knowing that, once they were done, they could leave quickly. It was harder for him to navigate the path as it became more narrow and treacherous, his wings folded down and along his back akin to an insect while his head shifted in odd positions as not to get his horns caught on anything. It was sort of funny to those who had a view of it, but Nym remained closer to the back because of his size. The clearing was just up ahead, and with it, Nym could move around a bit easier, though his sense of smell was pretty much burned beyond repair right now.

    The air was thick, and there was nothing good about it. The Digimon ignored it, mind blocking out the senses as best they could, but those who could not, his eyes wandered to them. Hopefully, they were sturdy enough or had an alternative method. For now, though, it was time to talk about their next move. Nym crouched down, tail wrapping around his ankles as he listened and made himself appear smaller. Ranged attackers, hm? The Digimon had a large variety of ranged attacks, and he nodded firmly. "I will stay in the back, and attack when necessary." Best to be quiet and hidden for now...

    Standing, Nym's feet were lifted and dropped delicately as to not make a single sound, positioning himself where he had a clear shot at anything that would thrust itself towards them, but kept their only current exit open for those who needed a quick escape.
    avatar
    Curiosity
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2018-03-04
    Location : Between life and death
    Level : 5

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Curiosity on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:42 pm

    ”Hufff...”

    If it wasn’t for the fact that the beast felt slightly responsible for the creation of this dragon he would have bolted. The survival instinct were as strong as the nauseating odor of the creature’s lair. Both strengthened as they ventured got closer following its stench.

    Once they reached the gorge, Curiosity’s stomach twisted and turned, threatening to cast out his feathered snack, but that would have been too much noise. So he forced the feeling down and continued to follow the group.

    The humidity as well as what ever was in the air was making not hard to breath. It was like each breath he took were like filling his lungs full of flames. The odor of rotting wasted carcasses and acid were making his eyes water. Let’s not even mention that his nostrils and throat felt like they wanted to close up from that rancid stench.

    Like his fellow large creatures, the deviant had to squeeze and twist himself through small spaces. He had no problem with his tail since he had wrapped it around his right hind leg. They didn’t call his kind ninjas for nothing, what ever ninjas were. Probably moved quickly and silently...

    It pays to have lived in a tight spaced forest, he used that hunting experience to moving very quietly. Of course it was nothing like the old territory. No it was a much older place as he was much younger then. The deviant had been fresh out of leaving the best, still learning to live with the greens rather than just chopping trees up each time he passed them.

    Curiously, the Silverwind would be tempted to poke and sniff at his surroundings, all the odd things on walls the squelching things in the floor and examine each carcass to see what the had been. He’d seen what this kind of Elder dragon could do in a valley it fought in, but he never tried to enter its lair. The closes he’s ever been was probably as long a LaoShanLung. It had taken a large team of lucky hunters who were skilled enough to drive the beast alway or actually kill it.

    ’I don’t think attacking it in its lair is the best idea...Tulsit...It probably knows every nook and cranny... of this place..’

    ”hufff...”

    A worried huff escaped his nostrils as he listens to their battle plans. It surprised him greatly that among these hunters he was going to be the one to keep it busy. Wait.. did that make him the bait?.. was he the bait? Was that the plan??? What was the plan??? Oh... Tulsit... How he really wanted Kev to be there now to explain these things... ”Hufffff...”

    Curi remained quiet and without objection, minus the quiet worried huffs and unsure looks. He’d given Nym a confused sidelong glance. The larger creature with large muscles, which looked like it was partially a shiny tank, chose to use range attacks? Peculiar... The Deviant had expected the favorite son to stand with him at the front, he looked the type. Besides-

    ’Woah! Gone?...’

    The large metallic being and the child strapped to its back blipped out of existence. Blinking curiously the deviant sniffed too a careful step into that direction. He folded his ears back in confusion before gently shaking his fur, very much to shake the distractions before the hunt.

    What ever their plan was Curi would help. They might need to voice out instructions, since this fluffy hunter wasn’t used to hunting in a group. Recalling his tail and it’s projectile attacks, he knew he had to be more careful as not to injure this group. For now its to watch, wait, and listen.
    avatar
    Game Master
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 346
    Join date : 2010-10-17
    Level : ??

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Game Master on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:28 am

    And so, your hunting party decided to plan. Would it be enough, however? All around you lied a testament of the dragon's power - of its ruthlessness, its voracity, its complete disregard for life. You weren't just going up a mere beast; you were challenging death itself. Only time will tell if your planning saw to the dragon's demise...

    ...Or yours.



    Your Strategy...:

    Kaon and Vos wrote:Wisely, you split up and played to your strengths. By safeguarding your flank and reinforcing the front, it would be nigh impossible for your quarry to preemptively strike and catch the party unawares. Your smart thinking saved the group from an early demise. ...For now.

    ((Bonus: +1 defense modifier))

    Knock Out wrote:And whereas Kaon's frame was protecting the rear, you were protecting Kaon. Your placement ensured that no harm would come to you or the mech by your side. There was nothing appetizing about a metal wall.

    ((Bonus: +1 defense modifier))

    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai and Ttone wrote:Stealth was a clever tactic, though heavily assuming of the dragon's abilities and senses. Nevertheless, you scaled the slick cavern walls and soon reached an opening large enough to crawl through. Ah, the open skies... What a wonderful sight. You took a moment to savor the fresh air before continuing your reconnaissance, tiptoeing across natural bridges of stone and highways of rot. It wasn't much longer until you reached what you believed to be the dragon's favored grounds.

    Decay.

    Nothing but decay plagued this once beautiful mountain valley. Bone and flesh lay scattered upon the vale's floor with careless abandon, painting the rocks in a most sickening sanguine. The waning sunlight above did little to ease the rotten stench or the mysterious pockets of yellow gasses covering the area. How... curious. It wasn't like anything you had seen, and your harness' scanners provided little help identifying the composition. Still, best not to tempt fate. Without any dragon sightings or clues to follow, it seemed prudent to move forward. You pressed two fingers against the side of your helmet and quietly hailed the party:

    "This is Rasa 'Jekqogoai. Ttone and I have successfully made it out of the caves. We see no dragon activity, but there are plenty of unknown bio-hazards throughout the vicinity. Take care as you exit; there is a lot of gas."

    You ended the comms and directed your eyes to a large mass of spoiled meat looming roughly thirty meters away and nearly twenty feet tall. Why would a dragon eat this much...?

    ((Bonus: +1 defense modifier))


    Kyoko Sakura wrote:Seeing how you were a magical girl and thus sturdier than the average teenager, you bravely volunteered to fight at the party's forefront, taking your place beside Vos. That was all you could realistically offer, however, and hopefully it would be enough. The others seemed to have already covered all the bases.

    Springtrap wrote:As with Kyoko, you stepped forward and nobly offered your services - whatever they may be. And like Kyoko, you would simply have to wait until it was time for action.

    Nym wrote:The rear of your hunting party was beginning to look strikingly like Fort Knox. With you, Kaon, and Knock Out making up the defenses, the dragon hadn't a snowball's chance in Hell of taking anyone by surprise. Though the group was starting to become a bit bottom-heavy...

    ((Bonus: +1 defense modifier

    Curiosity wrote:No, attacking the dragon on its own turf was not wise; however, did you have any other choice? With so much padding to the party's flank, there was really no other place you could go. Thus, you were designated to the front, and would be a welcome addition to the smaller members of your group. Your size alone would prevent any reckless, forward attack. Assuming, of course, that the dragon was no bigger than yourself...

    ((Bonus: +1 defense modifier))

    ...And The Outcome ((enemy roll: 1)) wrote:There's no kill like overkill.

    Because your hunting party used its collective noggin, you safely emerged from the festering caverns and beheld the Rotten Vale in all its rancid, disgusting glory. Nothing stirred in this lifeless land. Even the skies themselves were devoid of vultures. Nearby, a gigantic mound of decaying meat lingered roughly thirty meters away, its odor potent and swarming with gluttonous insects. Pockets of the same yellow gas that proliferated the caves now consumed this area, traveling slowly wherever the dying winds urged them. Something was wrong.

    One question nagged within the back of your mind and filled it with growing trepidation: where was the dragon...?






    Music:

    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8532
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by System on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:28 am

    The member 'Game Master' has done the following action : Dice Rolls


    'Attack/Heal (11-15)' : 1
    avatar
    Kaon and Vos
    Kilobyte

    Kilobyte

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2018-08-17
    Location : Wherever we roam
    Level : 1

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Kaon and Vos on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:37 am

    As Rasa had wisely suggested, Kaon would soon tap into Inter-Decepticon frequencies.  This was his forte, silent communication; ruthlessly efficient, he was, at making sure he and his Decepticon comrades would be able to communicate swiftly should it come down to it.  Electricity silently flared at the conduits of his palms.  He was really more of a long-range fighter, preferring to take the distance with his electricity.  Audials were always online, seeming to scan without even a click of the glossa.  He didn't need echolocation to find a dragon, not right now.  He just had to listen and wait, listen and focus.  Pedes shifted silently while he got himself into a more guarded combat stance.  Rather than let his voice try to "echo", he seemed to extend an electromagnetic field range with intense and intent focus, as though to let his electrical senses be his "sight".  No use in letting such abilities go to waste.

    //Wise choice.  Nickel would have done the same.  Keep your optics, audials, and wits about you in case.  Vos may need the mending.  He's far more in the danger zone than you or I.//  Kaon started with a comm ping to Knock Out.  

    He would then ping to Vos swiftly and silently, taking command of the situation to his comrade.  After all, there was a reason he was the second-in-command of the Decepticon Justice Division.  And it wasn't just that he was the communications officer and one of the two original members.  It was because he had a proven command and leadership presence when Tarn was either not present, or had been wounded or sickened in battle
    Both had happened at least once before. //Keep your wits about you, Vos.  And if you're going to take off your face, keep your audials open.  We don't need what happened against the Galactic Council to happen again.  I do not know what I would do if I lost you, old friend.//  He was grateful he was on the comms rather than speaking out loud, as otherwise, his voice would have cracked slightly.

    His chemoreceptors, for better or for worse, could detect a strong hint of decay, the acrid scent burning against the chemoreceptor pits.  Wisely, from this point, he closed off the chemoreceptors of his olfactory sensor, kept his mouth closed so as to keep the acrid taste from his throat, and focused his vents on filtration to keep the decay and the musty gases from impacting his systems.  It had to be near.  The beast just had to be near.

    Vos, perhaps, was a bit more eager to get into combat.  While he didn't scream like he could have, his frame told the story.  He was antsy and eager, his left talons spread and ready.  His right talons clasped at his face and carefully pulled it away, leaving a blank void.  With the swiftest of motions of his thumb, he flicked the switch, the myriad of spikes, hooks, drills, and other damaging implements exposing themselves.  Even if the dragon was much too large to wear his face, he could still stab and gouge using his signature weapon, provided the hide wasn't too thick.  After all, he wasn't ready to be a sniper rifle yet.  No, not until Kaon was desperately in need, or he himself was knocked back that far.

    Perhaps like his comrade, he shifted into place, ready to lash out wherever the dragon came from.  To him, this start was one shot, one opportunity.  If the face didn't work, he would have to relegate himself to weapon.  That wasn't something he was so keen on doing, but he would if necessary.  Needless to say, he was otherwise geared up and attentive, ready for battle.

    //Do not worry about me.  I have a plan when the beast shows its ugly organic mug.//  He quipped through his comms to both Knock Out and Kaon.  //Trust me.//

    --

    HP: 60/60
    AP: 11/11

    ((Putting stats up in case.))
    avatar
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

    Petabyte

    Posts : 508
    Join date : 2013-01-05
    Location : The Streets
    Level : 41

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Knock Out on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:42 pm

    As the not-predator spoke, Knock Out could only focus on how he didn't know what not-predator's name was. Would it be rude to arbitrarily assign him a name? Perhaps Chris. Yeah, that worked out fine. Chris and the child would go forth, using the predator mode again. Pretty handy, that! Chris addressed the mech and most surprising of all, agreed that he should pick up the rear! Ah, right. The new 'Cons were actually quite short! So next to Nym, he was among the biggest here. A good feeling, really. "Understood." He liked not needing to fight to defend his decisions. Off Chris went with his human pet! Climbing the grotesque walls and disappearing into thin air, perhaps he could get some great recon. Definitely a boon.

    //Wise choice.  Nickel would have done the same.  Keep your optics, audials, and wits about you in case.  Vos may need the mending.  He's far more in the danger zone than you or I.//

    Holy--! The medic started, bright optics flashing in Kaon's direction. When had they exchanged comms?! Knock Out stood up straight, glancing around to make sure no one had caught him getting startled. The shoulder kibble wriggled in place like startled feathers shifting into relaxed position. Perhaps he'd given Kaon his frequency and forgotten, or maybe it was one of his quirks. Either way, it was easier this way. He nodded in light agreement. //Thanks. Glad to know intelligence among 'Con medics is a universal trait!// As for Vos? He shifted to regard the skinnier Decepticon. The other human had gone to stand beside him, along with Springtrap. Fluffy lingered near the front as well. //I'll do my best. Be a shame for those lovely talons of his to be ruined!// AKA, he'd be attentive in case Vos needed medical attention. Nym had elected to help bring up the rear, the mech giving him a light nod of recognition. This caboose was a big one, alright!

    Standing in place like this made him feel more and more like a sitting duck. Frag. Maybe he should have darted ahead after all. Receiving recon from Chris was very helpful for easing his anxieties, even if there wasn't much in the way of answers. "Our invisible friend says he's made it out of the caves, but he cannot see the dragon. There are also many bio-hazards in this area. We'll need to be careful." Knock Out whispered for the benefit of those without comms. With that information, the group continued forward to exit the caverns. Despite the fact that they were no longer in a cave system, it sure didn't feel nice out here! Gas seeped through the area, and a mound of rotten carcasses were nearby. Presumably more recent than their other finds. Glancing around with narrowed optics, he resisted the urge to chuckle at Vos' statement. //I hope your plan is an...explosive one.// The nightmare face was pretty gross, but he'd be lying if he said he didn't wanna see it in action just the once! Now where was this dragon...?
    avatar
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 355
    Join date : 2010-09-16
    Location : Stock Pot Inn
    Level : 40

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:34 pm

    Relief washed over the Sangheili's face as the hunting party emerged unscathed, but he couldn't help but feel a growing sense of dread. Still no dragon... And his HUD picked up nothing. Something was very wrong.

    "Do you see anything, Mr. Rasa?"

    The warrior brought a finger to his armored lips, "Shh. We are not alone..." They couldn't be.

    Somehow or another, there was still one rampaging dragon unaccounted for, and Rasa 'Jeqkogoai didn't consider himself a fan of surprises. Carefully, he sneaked across one rocky outcrop to another and minded his cumbersome feet. Any accidental kick of bone and the valley was sure to echo from here to Portal City!

    Vantage point. They needed a vantage point, and Rasa 'Jeqkogoai spotted just the place. He clambered up a jagged spire and eased himself into a stony alcove high in a mountain wall. It wasn't a comfortable fit (and Ttone tried her hardest not to squirm), but it will suffice for the time being. The Sangheili crouched and withdrew his plasma rifle, staring down its sleek body as he scanned his gaze across the area. "I see nothing up here," he hailed the party's comms. "No movement, no activity. Careful. I sense a trap..." Nothing like the danger of intelligent game to get the blood flowing. If there was a trap lying in wait, the solution was simple: they needed to spring it.

    Question was... who would have the dubious honor?
    avatar
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 227
    Join date : 2014-06-15
    Location : Stockpot Inn: Room 405
    Level : 25

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:11 pm

    Springtrap and Curi had joined Kyoko and Vos at the front, and the teenage gave them an excited little grin. Well hey, this was turning out to be a cool little group! A robot, a fluffy beast, a bigger robot, and herself! Not a bad group for the front, they'd be strong enough to survive if the dragon tried to sneak attack! Nym joined the other two robots in the back to cover their rear, which wasn't bad for a caboose! Big ole tanks in the back, quick fighters in the front. Did they have enough people to even have anybody in the middle? Glancing towards the robots, they seemed to get a message from Mr. Rasa. The obnoxious red one spoke up, relaying his message.

    "He can't see it yet?" Kyoko whispered, brows raised. That was...kinda bad, right? They wanted the element of surprise, but if they can't find the dragon... She pulled her spear closer, eyebrows knitting together. Bio-hazards in the area too, woof. She sure hoped Ttone was alright with Mr. Rasa... Taking a deep breath, the magical girl moved along with everyone else, leaving the stuffy caverns behind. Each step was careful and calculated, taking care not to kick any corpses or dislodge any rocks. The awful stink in the air seemed to increase even though they were in a more open area, though the huge pile of half-eaten carcasses was apparently the cause of that. She tightened the knot of her overshirt with a soft gag.

    Her eyes continued to sweep the area, although she couldn't see any dragons. There was a noxious looking gas, so many dead things, and bugs doing their scavenger thing. The dragon couldn't possibly know they were coming, right...? Maybe it was just...out for a hunt! Yeah that had to be it. Kyoko's grip tightened on the spear handle, perhaps now was better than never! Her body was swarmed in a flash of crimson, glittering light. When it cleared, not much seemed to have changed about her besides the outfit. It was red, surprisingly fancy for her style, and there was a bright ruby-like gem adorning her chest. Her spear was revealed in full, aimed forward and ready to stab! All they needed was a dragon to get this party started! Vos seemed ready to kick some butt as well, though his way to prepare for the fight got a wide-eyed stare from the teen. He removed his own face, which became a pointy, stabby mass! Whoa!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Tis a Good Day for a Hunt...

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:21 am