Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

The Big Reveal

Post by Olabisi on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:39 pm

DATE: AUGUST 14TH, 2018
    TIME: APPROX. 8:30 PM

Olabisi was positively beaming, arms locked with her husband. They were both at a point in their pregnancies where it was pretty noticeable now. 20 weeks, the halfway mark. It was all so exciting! Despite all the anticipation, time seemed to be flying by much more quickly than either of them thought it would.

The mummy, now in more ways than one, was flaunting her bump, eating up any glances that came her way. Spenst, however, was proving to be fairly bashful about it. Whenever possible, he liked to go out in the loosest clothes he could find. As usual, the Ectonurite was being his typical shy self.

"Even the loosest clothing isn't going to hide it eventually, you know," she commented. "Try not to think about it too much, will you? Today's a really big day, wouldn't you agree?"

The Thep Khufan, of course, already knew the answer to this question. Tonight, they were going to be finding out whether each of them would be having a boy or a girl. She already knew what the child inside her was, however. Spenst found out about this and understandably prodded, but she stood firm in her decision to not say anything until she gets her ultrasound. It would be much more special, at least in her mind, to build up the hype.

He'd be finding out soon enough, thankfully.
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 10

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Re: The Big Reveal

Post by Spenst on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:40 pm

Spenst blushed at his mummy partner's comment. He really wished that he had the same level of confidence as her. It warmed his heart to see her so eager to show their work in progress off to the rest of the world. She's probably share the same sentiment if he could work up the courage to do the same.

"I know, I know," the Ectonurite responded. "What if I look goofy, though?"

He sighed.

"But you're right. No sense in ruining the big reveal, is there?"

And right in they went, just as they had before. At the very least, it was of some comfort to him that Floyd and SALLI  were probably looking forward to seeing him and his wife again. Not to mention, some very essential information about their little bundles of joy was about to come to light.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:05 am

Twenty weeks, how time does fly! It felt like only yesterday, Olabisi and Spenst had come in to begin planning for their children. And now, they were at the halfway point. Before they knew it, those babies were going to be here! How exciting! Dr. SALLI definitely seemed excited about it, she'd left several little reminders for Floyd so that he wouldn't forget. Specifically, she'd slapped sticky notes all over for Floyd to find, reminding him to turn dim the lights in one of the rooms. On the water cooler, on his lunch bag...even one on his back, though the nurse hadn't found that one yet! Needless to say, he was very relieved when the expecting parents walked through the door. "Wow, 'Bisi! Look at you, you're glowing!" The man grinned, quickly jotting down their time of arrival before rising up from his desk. "This pregnancy thing really suits you!" With quite a bump too!

He turned to Spenst and winked. The male seemed a lot more sheepish, his clothes much baggier than his wife's. Admittedly, Floyd would be pretty embarrassed if he was sporting a baby bump, so he decided not to comment on that part! "And there's the proud papa! I bet you two are really excited today!" Part of him wanted to tease the two by delaying the inevitable, but the nurse decided to take pity on them. By now, the two would be very familiar with the path to the maternity ward, but he liked to walk with them anyway. "Dr. SALLI's been looking forward to this appointment." The reason why spoke for itself! Leading them to a specific room, Floyd double checked by peering inside. Yep, right room! He let the door swing open widely for them, the lights already dimmed for Spenst. "You know the drill by now, but I'll say it anyway! Take a load off, deep breathes, and do either of you need some water?"
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:32 pm

"Oh wow, glowing you say?" The faintest hint of glowing blush could be seen emerging in the cracks of Olabisi's cheek bandages. "Aww, thank you. I'm actually glowing in more ways than one, and thank goodness for that."

The mummy gently nudged her bashful partner.

"You see? No-one around here's gonna question anything. You'd think that somebody would be asking questions about a pregnant mummy walking around, but no. Some male ghost alien being pregnant, I think, is probably one of the least weirdest thing around here."

Olabisi giggled.

"Excited? You bet we are, Floyd! Now, where's our room?"

The Thep Khufan didn't need to say more. Right on schedule, the nurse directed them to their room. She barely managed to suppress a chuckle at the post-it note stuck to his back, but decided not to comment on it. Instead, she silently elbowed her husband, pointing the note out to him.

"Oh yeah, some water would be nice, thank you," she responded, still trying to pretend that she hadn't seen anything.
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:44 pm

Spenst managed to crack a small smile at the compliments that Floyd was giving his mummy partner. While they weren't directed at him by any means, they did manage to boost his confidence a good bit. Who knows, maybe someone would start shooting compliments his way as well if he flaunted it more often? But then again, he didn't always know how exactly to properly respond to compliments.

"Eh, maybe you're right." The Ectonurite answered. "At this time of year, these clothes are a bit hot on me anyways. It might do me some good to shed them in favor of something lighter."

Just as his wife had, Spenst was having difficulty keeping quiet about the post-it note tacked to Floyd's back. How long was that thing attached to him, exactly? There's a good chance that it could have been there all day, knowing SALLI. Once there was a window of opportunity, the ghostly alien quietly snatched the note and pocketed it, sparing him any further embarrassment that might come from it.

"Same here. I'd like some water, too. Thanks!"

Once the nurse was out of the room, Spenst seized his golden opportunity to crumple up the note and throw it away.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:42 am

"Yep! Glowing like a star~!" Floyd was well aware of the double meaning regarding Olabisi glowing, they wanted this mummy lady and her baby-to-be to remain glowing bright as can be! "You're very welcome!" Look at that blush! Yep, he still had it. "Speaking of, hope that means all's been going well since we saw you two last!" Hopefully there were no complications to report! His observation that Spenst was sheepish about his baby bump was apparently correct as the mummy alien reassured her husband. "I thought it was pretty weird at first, but by now I'm kinda used to it. Can't wait to meet the little bun cooking in that oven!" The nurse spoke up helpfully, shrugging.

Fiesty! Olabisi and Spenst were ready and raring to go! "Right this way!" Mindful not to race on ahead of the two, Floyd kept his pace even for them to keep up. He remained ignorant of the post it and of Spenst removing it from his back. "Alright! You two make yourselves comfy, and I'll go ahead and fetch your water!" Briefly reaching over at the nurse's desk for the maternity ward, he exchanged a brief hello with the other nurses as he collected the clipboard and attached it to their room. Learning from last time, Floyd left the door open just a crack. He shimmied to the water cooler and paused, craning his head as he spied another post-it note slapped right on the front!

Floyd! Remember to make sure there's loads of gel for the ultrasounds! Thank you! Dr. SALLI

Clicking his tongue lightly, Floyd pulled the note off and crumpled it into his pocket. "Already did it, Salli~!" The nurse smirked, grasping a plastic cup.

"Did what, nurse Floyd?"

The sudden voice right behind him made the man jolt, crunching the cup in his grasp. "S-SALLI! I, uh. F-found one of your notes!" He turned around to face her, giving the robotic doctor an uneasy smile. His other hand pulled the note out of his pocket and showed it to her. "See? But I already got all the goop in there!" Ever since that awkward little bump during Curi's visit, Floyd had been more flustered around the robot.

"Ah, great job, nurse Floyd!" Dr. SALLI gave him a kind smile and damn, that only made it worse. "I'm sorry about all of the notes. I'm very excited to see how the fetuses have developed since we've seen them last!" She glanced down and indicated to his hand. "Oh, did I interrupt you grabbing water for our patients?"

"Yeah...this one's no good." He chucked the cup in the trash and glanced away from the lovely doctor. "And...I didn't mind the notes! I kind of...liked finding them."

"You did?"

Welp, that was enough of that! "I gotta go back to the front b-but you have fun! Tell me all about the appointment afterwards!" With one last strained grin, the nurse walked away at a brisk pace. It was almost a jog, his elbows held close to his chest as he took off! SALLI watched him go, briefly confused before turning back to the cooler. When she entered Olabisi and Spenst's examination room, she held cardboard cups of cool water in each hand. "Good evening, Olabisi and Spenst! I've got your water right here." Their clipboard was held snugly beneath her arm. Offering a cup to each of them, she smiled at the couple. "I know you two are eager to get started, but as always, I'd like to start by asking if either of you have any concerns or questions? Any new developments since we last met? And which of you wants to be given the ultrasound first?" That last one was asked with a small hint of humor.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:20 am

"Thanks," Olabisi thanked the robotic doctor, accepting her cup. "Oh, questions? Concerns? No, I don't think so, actually. Thankfully, Spenst hasn't been getting sick recently, at least not to my knowledge. I'll bet Knock's glad to have all that over with, isn't he, love?"

The mummy's eyes widened.

"Oh no! I don't think either of us really put any thought into which of us should go first this time. Hmm..." She hummed, thinking to herself. How would either of them tackle such a decision at the last minute like this? Fortunately, it only took her a moment to come up with an idea.

"I guess it doesn't really matter, so..." Ola prepared her hands. "Rock, paper, scissors? Best two out of three?"
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:41 am

"Thank you," Spenst added, smiling warmly. He let out a brief sigh of relief. "Yeah, Ola's right. I haven't been throwing up anymore recently. I really do hope that lasts. And yes, Knock Out is very glad to see me well again. My sense of smell is still really sensitive, though, and I do get a bit nauseous sometimes. But it's so minor that I can keep it down fairly easily."

The Ectonurite tilted his head, experiencing the same conundrum that his wife was. Fortunately, though, an idea came to her pretty quick-like. Rock, paper, scissors, huh? A classic, that one!

"Sounds fair enough to me. I'm in!"

The first round, they tied. Both rock, so they tried again. This time, Spenst picked scissors, while his partner stuck with rock. Round one goes to Ola! Time to move on to round two!

Their challenge was answered in less than a heartbeat. Spenst decided to switch back to rock, but the mummy was crafty. A flat hand covered his fist. Paper! A third round wasn't even necessary.

"Well then, guess Ola's going first. That's alright enough with me, though. She already knows what the baby in her is, but she's been insistent on waiting until this ultrasound to tell me. I've been looking forward to this~"
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:30 pm

Ah, good! No news was good news in this case. "You're very welcome." Dr. SALLI responded with a soft smile. Once the cups had been taken, she reached for the clipboard and held it in front of herself attentively. "Oh? That's very good to hear!" If Spenst's vomiting had continued, there would have been great cause for concern. Especially since it would be hard for him to remain properly hydrated! "That's very normal, I imagine once you've given birth it will be strange not to have that intensified sense of smell. I imagine this will last unless you were to run into something so disgusting you just have to vomit." Though, as a robot, she didn't entirely know what sort of situations would get that response from the alien.

But, oh! It seems they had not figured out who would get the first ultrasound! And of all methods to figure out who would get it... The Doctor cocked her head to the side, watching with rapt attention as if she were watching a duel! The first round was a draw! The second, Ola won with her rock! And then the third, Ola again with the paper! Dr. SALLI clapped her hands together in light applause. "Aah, I see. Intent to wait until the fetus appears on screen before she reveals the gender, hm?" How exciting!

Placing her clipboard down, SALLI settled into the rolling chair beside the bed. As promised, Floyd had an extra bottle of gel. She patted the bed lightly, indicating for Olabisi to stretch out upon it. "We won't need to probe this time." The doctor explained softly. "You both are far enough along that I'll be able to get the imagery with an abdominal ultrasound." Once Olabisi was comfortable, SALLI applied the cool gel. It was an odd sensation, to apply it to the bandages, but it would help to get proper images. Near where the probe from last time was, SALLI pulled a transducer off of the monitor and pressed the flat surface against the gel slathered stomach. She used the device to smooth the gel over the alien's abdomen, and once she was satisfied, she switched on the monitor. Like before, it took a moment for the black static to give way to the form of a baby.

As before, Olabisi's baby had a bean-like shape to it. The body was more defined though, the head a bit more proportional. The same went for the little legs and arms. As before, any indication that there were any organs came from the little flickering spots located in the baby's head. As she scanned the baby, SALLI made sure to aim in different directions and, like before, had the ultrasound device ready to print out the pictures once she was done. Moving so that the baby's face was front and center, SALLI looked down at the mummy alien with a light smile. "I think we're both at the edge of our seats. What will this little one be?"
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:44 am

Olabisi was looking about as smug she could be upon defeating Spenst in their brief little rock, paper, scissors battle. It would seem that perhaps the mummy had some form of hidden talent that she was previously unaware of. She quickly began to pout just a a tad, however, when she realized that going first meant that she would have to stop teasing her husband sooner. Fair is fair, though, and she did win fair and square.

"Yeah, that was the plan alright," the bandaged alien confessed to SALLI. "I guess I'm ready whenever you are. Just say the word."

As the robotic doctor patted the bed, Ola knew that was her cue. In just a moment, the Thep Khufan had gotten herself as comfortable as she possibly good. Poor Spenst. That was significantly harder for him to accomplish.

"Oh, no more probe? What a pleasant surprise~" She chuckled softly. "That gel still feels a bit strange on my bandages, though. I don't really like getting wet unless it's absolutely necessary. Here, I guess it really is."

The mummy sighed wistfully, once again admiring her unborn child on the screen. It was already growing SO much, but of course she could already tell without even needing to see it. The bump was definitely indication enough.

"I guess you're dying to finally know, aren't you, love? Please don't die, though." Ola giggled playfully. "Oh, and you too, I guess? That really does need to go on the paperwork, I take it? Very well, then."

A pause.

"It's a boy~"
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:05 am

"Yes, Ola, you know damn well what you're doing." Despite Spenst's words making it seem otherwise, there was definitely a playful hint to his tone. "The game's over, you lost. No more silent treatment from you~"

As SALLI mentioned that there wasn't any need for a probe anymore, the Ectonurite let out a sigh of relief. That thing wasn't very comfortable. The gel probably did still feel strange on her belly, though. Sensing her discomfort, the ghostly alien held her hand with one hand, phone in the other. Just as before, they were clearly intent on taking pictures and sending them to their purple monster friend.

"Well then, what's the scoop?" Spenst couldn't help but shake his head. Predictably, his wife was still building up this reveal as much as possible. Thankfully, though, he was about to finally get that long-awaited answer.

He gasped, positively delighted.

"I'm going to have a son?!" The alien buried his head in his mummy partner's neck. "That's wonderful!"

Now it was about to be a matter of finding out if it was going to be a son times two, or one of each. Without a brief nudge from his positively glowing wife, he most definitely would have forgotten all about the pictures that he was supposed to be taking. Right on cue, Spenst managed to get a perfect shot, eagerly sending the picture Marissa's way. At Ola's request, though, he neglected to inform her of the gender just yet. That was going to have to wait for a much more exciting time.

Sensing that it was about to be his turn, the Ectonurite finally took off his clothes. Already that felt much better. Now their doctor would most certainly see exactly what he had been hiding underneath those loose clothes of his. It was obvious that he was showing just as much as his partner.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:47 pm

"I hope there are no negative repercussions to your bandages getting damp? You're more than welcome to dry off the bandages with some paper towels." Admittedly, it was still a bit hard for her to understand how Olabisi's biology worked. Perhaps damp bandages were merely a mild discomfort. The gel would be easy enough to blot off! The ultrasound went off without a hitch, the mummy fetus obviously growing and very healthily too. Little fingers flexed and curled. Seeing the infant through the ultrasound like this made SALLI wonder what it'd be like when the fetus was born.

Olabisi gave Spenst a bit more teasing, putting off the reveal for a few moments more. "It would be very good for paperwork, yes." Dr. SALLI decided not to admit that she was also personally curious about what gender the fetuses would be. For as much as gender means when aliens of Olabisi's kind could be pregnant no matter what. "A boy!" The robot stashed that information for later, smiling lightly. Spenst's reaction was very elated, no doubt happy to finally know what he'd be having. He was so excited, he'd become distracted from taking pictures of the ultrasounds! SALLI's own copies began to print from the monitor, and she pressed a few buttons as she calculated information such as how much the fetus had grown. Eventually, Ola's ultrasound had come to an end and she pulled the transducer away from the other's stomach. "There you are." Dr. SALLI definitely preferred this method of ultrasound to using the probe. "Do you need assistance getting up off of the bed?" She held a hand out, offering her help to Olabisi as Spenst disrobed.

"Ah! Those clothes definitely hid how much you've grown!" Dr. SALLI offered to help him onto the bed as well, and soon got to work. Cool gel was applied to his tummy, and the transducer touched to it and used to spread it around. The images blipped to life on the monitor. The baby was curled up, tail a bit longer than when they'd last seen the fetus. The arms were longer, talons more defined. There were even a telltale nub on the baby's elbows! The images shifted, briefly showing bones and organs. The heart flickered with a strong beat! After inspecting the baby's growth and development, SALLI turned to the parents with a smile. "Your baby is coming along nicely, quite healthy and strong! Now this next part, I will need your help, Spenst..." She shifted her arm, the screen showing the tail and groin of the fetus. As the alien had advised during their first meeting, he'd need to assist with the identification of his baby. Shall they be having two sons? Or one of each?
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:16 am

"That would be nice, thank you." Olabisi accepted the doctor's hand, lifting herself off the bed. "And don't worry about the gel. While getting wet isn't exactly comfortable for me, it doesn't hurt me. These bandages are pretty much waterproof. All water does to them is weigh them down."

The mummy's eyes squinted happily in the direction of her husband.

"After you~" She helped him onto the bed before eagerly fixing her eyes on the monitor.

Before the gel was applied, Spenst passed her his phone. She pointed it at the screen, waiting for the image of their other baby to come up. Soon enough, it flickered onto the monitor. Ola couldn't help but gasp a little.

"Do you see that, Spenst?" she asked, pointing to a specific spot on the screen. "Looks like they have elbow spikes just like you! Isn't that just precious~?"
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:32 am

Spenst cracked a tiny smile as his mummy partner pointed out the apparent spikes on their child's elbows. Who else could they have gotten those from but him? It was a proud feeling, seeing his child inherit tell-tale features from him. Maybe it was silly to feel that way, but right now, he didn't care about that.

"I can see that~" The Ectonurite briefly side-eyed SALLI. "Oh yeah, right. Give me a minute."

He shook his head at the display on the screen, rolling his eyes. Before he could get a good look at the baby, they moved their tail ever-so-slightly to a point where he couldn't plainly see what he was meant to be looking for. He could only hope that they would be cooperative enough to move just a tad again.

"Pfft, they look like me, but they're already just as stubborn as you~"

The ghostly alien playfully nudged his spouse. Eventually, thankfully so, he had an opening. The baby was kind enough to move their tail just a teensy-tiny bit for him. It was almost as if they had read his mind. He squinted, trying to make it out as quickly as possible before they decided to move again. Fortunately, it didn't take him long to figure it out.

"I've got it," he announced, clasping Ola's free hand. "I'm pretty sure that we're going to be having..."

A pause. This was clearly meant to be revenge for the act that his wife had put on for him just a moment ago.

"One of each. It's a girl~"
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:33 am

"Aah, so much like hair and clothing." Dr. SALLI nodded gently. She didn't have experience with damp hair, but she did know how wet clothes felt! It was good to know Olabisi's bandages would be safe, she was definitely going to get wet when she gave birth! The patients switched places, the mummy holding the phone and eagerly snapping pictures. As she pointed out the little elbow spikes, the gynoid chuckled softly. "Indeed, this one seems to take after their father!" Though there were more features to be explored, such as eye color!

Waiting for Spenst's identification, it seems the baby decided to be fickle! The tail shifted, and the expecting father rolled his eyes at the display. SALLI was tempted to shift the transducer to get a different angle, but she elected to keep her wrists in one position. What if she moved, only for the tail to move again? Patience was a virtue and eventually they were rewarded! The married couple joined hands, and Spenst tried to milk the moment for as long as he could. Before long they had their answer. The doctor smiled. "Congratulations, both of you! One of each, you must be so proud!" And how interesting! The mother would birth a son, and the father, a daughter!

SALLI continued to move the transducer around Spenst's stomach, allowing time for Olabisi to continue snapping pictures. She captured a few snapshots as well, making measurements and jotting a few notes on her clipboard. Namely special developments such as the aforementioned elbow spikes! After she did pull the transducer away, the doctor handed Spenst a tissue for him to wipe off the gel. "All I need to do now is measure weight, stomachs, Spenst's blood pressure..." The stomach measurements were definitely going to be interesting, as both had grown quite a bit. SALLI rose up from her chair, grabbing the stack of photos from both of the ultrasounds. She handed them over to the parents, allowing them to look over the latest developments before getting to work. "We can also plan out when the next ultrasound should be. I think...between weeks 30 and 33 would be  good, depending on your respective schedules." Perhaps it wouldn't be needed, but she'd prefer to be safe!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:36 pm