Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Re: The Big Reveal

Post by Olabisi on 10/23/2018, 10:55

"Oh yes, I definitely know that I am~!" Olabisi replied to the doctor, snapping a picture of the ultrasound screen with her husband's phone once the camera was properly focused. "Our work is only just beginning in one regard, though."

The mummy opted to hold onto Spenst's phone for just a little bit longer, knowing that he was about to have a couple of additional tests performed on him. She didn't want him to accidentally drop the device and break it. They both needed that phone!

"You see, Spenst and I had name options narrowed down to two boy names, two girl names, and even a unisex one on the off-chance that our son could be neither. While we won't be needing that unisex name, knowing that we're having a son and a daughter, we're going to have to pick which of each of those names that we like better, and I do like all of them."
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 10

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on 10/23/2018, 10:57

"Yeah," Spenst agreed, "I can already tell that we're both going to have our work cut out for us. I just know that it isn't going to be an easy decision at all. Names are kind of a big deal, you know? These kids are going to be stuck with whatever names we give them for the rest of their lives, or at least until they're old enough to change them if they ever decide that they don't like them."

The Ectonurite sighed.

"Not gonna lie, I'm going to be more than a little embarrassed for picking a bad name if either of them come to hate it. Would kind of make me feel like I've let them down. That's the last thing I want to do."

Clearly the pre-parental jitters were starting to get the better of him.

"And that sounds fine. We'll be sure to give you a call whenever we work out which date is best for us."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on 11/1/2018, 11:55

At Ola's response, SALLI gave a small chuckle. "Very true. These are the first few steps to a years-long commitment!" Such was the joys of parenthood. The couple now had a better idea of what to expect in the years to come. What would alien puberty be like? Puberty was the last thing on their minds, however, as the expecting parents were considering names! Options had been narrowed down, but now it was merely a matter of making the final decision. Their worries were a little beyond the robot. She offered them a smile meant to mollify their fears. "Surely there's no such thing as a bad name...?" Dr. SALLI pointed out as she stepped over to the medical supply cabinet. A blood pressure cuff was removed and soon fastened to Spenst's arm. "As long as you don't give them a name that's been tainted, or translates to an expletive, I'm sure your children won't hate their names."

She gave him a few moments to calm down from his jitters before she began to pump the cuff. "Regarding narrowing down the names, do either of your cultures have multiple names? Like how humans have middle names? If you really can't choose between the two you like, perhaps they can be recycled into that." It was the best advice SALLI could give. "That sounds agreeable to me!" Once Spenst's blood pressure had been measured, she released his arm and stashed the cuff away. The doctor stepped over to the scale and motioned for Olabisi to step on to measure her weight. SALLI was saving the belly measuring for last, figuring that it'd be a nice way to end their appointment!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 11/12/2018, 18:11