Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

In Lieu of a Starship, Make Do

Post by Kaon and Vos on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:34 am

Time: 9:21PM
    Date: August 19, 0009

As much as he hated to admit it, as much as he was loath to admit that even they needed a place to stay that wasn't the streets, Vos couldn't help but feel a resounding sense of irony at the fact that they, noted scourge of their home universe, were at the mercy and kindness of organics. He and Kaon needed shelter; they weren't like Knock Out who could drive out of the rain. A roving electric chair and a rifle weren't as mobile as they really should be. It had taken a huge dose of swallowing their pride to actually consider the very notion of making room for themselves at the inn.

Delicately, he slipped Kaon's shrinking ring on the blind mech's digit first. He would then slip his own on before linking servos with Kaon's. Kaon trusted him explicitly to guide him, after all, and this was a big responsibility! Kaon gave a tiny smile, grateful for Vos' assistance. Echolocation and electrical echolocation were fine and dandy, but sometimes someone with optic-sight had to guide you whether you liked it or not.

The accommodations of the inn would have to do, in lieu of a starship, of course. It wasn't as though the Peaceful Tyranny was just going to warp through one of those portals. Small talons clasped around the doorknob anxiously. Vos was almost afraid to be at the mercy of another being again. It felt pathetic.

"We don't have to do th--" Kaon began, mindful of how Vos' grip changed on his own servo.

"Kaon, we needing. Hate admit. We needing. Vos' voice creaked, cutting off his amica's statement. He vented softly. "Maybe having outlet if you needing siphon even."

It was clear that Vos himself thought this best. He hated the thought of it, but he knew that sometimes what you needed wasn't always what you wanted. Clearly, this was a necessary evil in his beady little optics. He opened the door, leading Kaon inside before shutting it carefully behind him. He then walked his comrade to the front desk, looking around nervously. They needed this. They needed this. That's all this was. A need.

Vos carefully tapped the bell. Kaon instinctively flinched at the quick, sharp noise, clutching an audial. Noisy!

"...Vos, if I may, do not ever ring whatever that was again or I'm hiding your face under your aft."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: In Lieu of a Starship, Make Do

Post by Impa on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:15 pm

It was later in the evening at the Stock Pot Inn, starting to taper more and more into nighttime official, where the Hyruleans found themselves enjoying a good evening together around one of Tetra and Sheik’s longer stays ashore. Link and Link in particular had been ecstatic to have their proper young quartet back together for not just adventures but general relaxed quality time together, and Impa was all too glad to see her charges having such a time. They had had plenty of time today as the five of them, but right now, she was more than pleased to let her four charges have their own time; they needed and deserved it.

As was commonplace around most nights, whilst the inn had since closed its desk for the day, Impa still went to go check on it around a simple walkthrough. Her timing seemed to be unintentionally impeccable as just before she could descend the final flight of stairs, she heard the very distinctive ding of the bell on the desk. Moving to head on down and around to the desk, the Sheikah soon found two mechs standing there, both of them looking about and one of them apparently none too pleased with the tone of the bell. It could be loud, so Impa sympathized, but she did appreciate them ringing it.

Stepping around to the side and front of the desk, Impa addressed the two, stating, “Good evening. Welcome to the Stock Pot Inn. How may I assist you this evening?”
    Kaon and Vos
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Kaon and Vos on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Vos himself had made mental note. Even a small, sharp noise could be more painful than intended, and considering Kaon had gone through plenty of sensory overload, he should have seen it coming--since Kaon couldn't of course. But he was the one who had become the one quiet when they were finally greeted by the stern, firm-looking Sheikah. His talons curled at Kaon's wrist as though to instinctively ask Kaon to do some of the speaking for him.

"Pardon our intrusion at a late hour, but my comrade and I have come seeking a place to call housing for the time being. Preferrably on the ground floor." It wasn't Kaon being picky, but rather, practical and safety-minded. He had his quarters on the lower level of the Peaceful Tyranny back home for much the same reason. Echolocation could tell him where he was, but sadly it wasn't exactly the greatest thing for mapping out stairs or elevators. For those things he'd have to rely on another pair of optics and that was where Vos came into play.

"We will taking whatever you feeling is available." Vos seemed to add quickly. After all, beggars could not be choosers in a new world where everything was topsy-turvy and aft-backward. "My only requesting is that you do not separating us?"
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:12 am

Impa nodded at the apology given the hour; it was later, yes, but not so late that the front door to the inn had been locked. Even if that had been they case, they would have still readily helped any in need, even if it took them a bit longer to get to the main door. At hearing the full reason for their stopping by coupled with sound logic of a room choice, she smiled softly and nodded to the pair. “You are perfectly fine; I am just glad you were able to find us. We do have plenty of rooms available, and a good number on the ground floor for you.”

Moving to pull out a new room form as the other mech added his own request, Impa noted, “Of course. I take it that means you would like to share a room, then? We do have a pair of rooms connected to each other if you would prefer; either option is perfectly fine.”

Whether the pair chose to room together or next door, Impa did a quick mental check over the rooms that would best suit their needs, inwardly hoping that the pair would find them suitable and helpful.
    Kaon and Vos
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Kaon and Vos on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:56 pm

Ah yes, his chronoception was quite off, Kaon had to admit. His chron was more attuned to a world apart, a mere memory now. Vos himself knew time visually but had a hard time translating it to Kaon all that easily. Time units were were the hardest thing for him to figure out how to translate, really. He rubbed an optic, moreso from exhaustion than any need for recharge.

"Share. Will having to help filling out for him." Well, it was kind of obvious that Kaon couldn't quite see the form or really read it, so Vos would have to do the writing--except his signature. Which was honestly for the best. The little guy at least had legible glyphwork compared to his blind compatriot. He could learn other writing styles too, but that would come in due time to the scrawny rifleformer.

Kaon gave a small smile. "I kind of rely on him, to be honest." Kaon gave a small smile.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:21 pm

“Of course,” noted Impa, nodding at the other mech’s request of sharing a room. “That is completely fine.” She was able to see just why these two relied on each other in their own unique ways, and whilst she was certain they would want to share a room, she had still wanted to check per protocol.

Taking both that and their desire of a ground floor room into consideration, Impa confirmed the room she had in mind, filled out the form accordingly, and fished out a pair of card keys from their respective drawer. Sliding the form around onto the surface of the desk, Impa offered a pen to the shorter mech. “Here you are.”

Room: 117                                             
    Date: August 19th, 2018                           
    Name: ___________________________
    Signed: __________________________

Smiling at the other mech’s own words, and hoping that he could hear her smile, she added, “I can understand that. I am glad the two of you have each other.”
    Kaon and Vos
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Kaon and Vos on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:20 pm

Vos, of course, was reluctant to admit why he relied on Kaon. The truth was that he not only appreciated having his Amica Endura around, the other was more than just a best friend. He was like an older sibling, or a parental figure for who was essentially a child soldier with unusual needs himself. He almost thanked his lucky stars it was he and Kaon together, not he and Tarn.

He would carefully print both their names on the form, then sign his own. He would then pass the pen to Kaon gently, guiding the taller mech's hand to the line to be able to sign. Kaon's writing, while much more imprecise was at least half-way legible compared to some of his writing. Let it never be said that he wasn't glad that he didn't have his Professional Development Plan at hand in this new world or else he'd have to show the worst of his handwriting on datapad.

"I'm glad too. I hope you have those you care about around you as well." He would pull Vos close, almost like hugging a little brother.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:21 am

Impa watched as the the shorter mech, who she had now learned was named Vos, printed both his and his companion’s names on the form. Taking in both names and committing them to her sharp memory, her slight smile broadened a touch as she saw how the shorter mech moved to help Kaon sign his own name. Whether he relied on him or not, the gesture was as kind as it was helpful, and being able to witness it warmed the Sheikah’s heart.

Nodding in approval and taking the finished form to file it away, Impa stated, “That I do. I have four wonderful young charges that mean this world and beyond to me.” The Sage of Shadow loved the four Hylian kids – both princess and both heroes – from their own Hyrules and far past them. Whilst arriving in this world had not been the choice of any of them, it certainly helped that they had met, formed their own family, and grown that love and care so deeply.

As Kaon pulled Vos close, Impa offered a pair of card keys to the shorter mech. “Here you are, then. These card keys – one for each of you – get you into your room, the front door of the inn if you ever happen to return after hours, and to the dining area. Although it is not his primary fare, our cook Komatsu has done his best to get stocks of energon in as needed.”

Making sure everything was in order, Impa nodded once more and added, “If you ever need anything, I am Impa, the Head of Security. I hope you both enjoy your time here.”
    Kaon and Vos
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Kaon and Vos on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 am

Kaon gave a small smile. Four that she adored and cared about. He couldn't rightfully say that he wouldn't blame her. He had only one of his six most-cared-about beings here. Vos himself seemed to have a more cheerful look in his optics, glad that like he and Kaon, she too had someone to care about.

"Thank--" Kaon began, only to be cut off by a sudden chirp.

"Gratitudes!" Vos had been wanting to learn to speak something clear like that.

Kaon would give a sigh of relief. "I do believe we will have to extend our gratitudes to him as well. In any case, you have a wonderful evening. Vossy, lead the way, my good Amica." His tone was warm. Whatever this "Amica" might be to others, it certainly seemed like it entailed a strong bond of friendship. Which, unsurprisingly, tended to happen among five-mech bands of elite killsquads.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Whilst Impa had a good number more people that she cared about both back in her time of Hyrule as well as on the Breach, her own Princess Zelda, the Hero of Time Link, the Hero of Winds Link, and the future pirate princess Tetra were especially dear to her. Zelda had been her original charge, and the Sheikah had been as happy as she was honored to have the other three Hylian kids fall under her wing. She was set to look out for the four of them no matter what, and this bit of conversation had her smiling at the very thought of those she cared about.

That smile only grew at Vos’ sudden exclamation. Impa nodded to the two mechs, stating, “You are quite welcome. I hope the two of you have a wonderful evening as well… take care.”

As the two newest tenants were set to take to their new room, Impa set about logging everything accordingly, her mind soon inwardly wandering to just what the four kids might be up to by the time she returned upstairs. Knowing them, bedtime was going to come even later than it had already become the past couple of years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 am