Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Who Says You Can't Go Home

Post by Shen Woo on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Time: 5:11 PM
    Date: October 3, 0009

Having not really found anything he liked at the mall because street gangster chic wasn't apparently the most appealing fashion trend, Shen had parted company with Nyreena and headed to look for the free inn that she spoke of. The Stock Pot Inn, she called it? He almost expected it to look like a stock pot, but instead it looked more like an inn. Small, cozy, and homey enough for even the most seasoned street gangster, even one who was still somewhat wet and currently shirtless, with a sopping wet shirt draped over his shoulder.

It wasn't like he was trying to show off his muscles. Give him a break. He wasn't that much of an exhibitionist. He needed a place to get dry before he tried to find some dry clothes that were more his speed than most of the fancy fashions he saw at the mall. That might have been some of his fellow fighters' speeds, but it really wasn't his speed. He liked the kind of thing he had.

He would swagger up to the desk. "Uh, hey. Anyone here?" Well, maybe the staff was a little busy doing things here and there. It couldn't be easy to run a whole inn. He'd learned that from a restaurant being the front for his gang's business. Restaurant work hadn't been easy either, especially when he was the kid busing tables when he was nine. Some things still stuck with you twenty-two years later.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Who Says You Can't Go Home

Post by Impa on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:21 pm

As late afternoon began to settle in, the main back office staff of the Stock Pot Inn found themselves busy wrapping up the day. Link and Link were still in their office, going over the start of the month paperwork (a great mound that the Hero of Winds was very grateful for the Hero of Time’s assistance with!), and Impa had come down from the security office to deliver something to the two lads. Not too long into their conversation about the day, an unfamiliar voice called out, undoubtedly coming from the front desk.

The two Hylian boys both perked up and exchanged a glance with each other, not sure if they were in a good stopping point or not (although they could certainly force one if need be), but before they had too much time to ponder that, or have a fairy point them in either direction, Impa gestured to the pair, adding, “I will see to it. You two can finish up there.”

With that, the Sheikah moved to appear behind the front desk from the door, nodding a bit to the man standing across from her. He was most likely a new arrival, and Impa was set to help him as best she could. “Yes, I am here; I am Impa, and I can help you here. What can I assist you with?”
    Shen Woo
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 2

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Shen Woo on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Whoa. That was a woman who looked like she could kick his ass seven ways from Sunday if he crossed her the wrong way. He rarely said that, as most folks he fought or considered fighting were the opposite, but you could just read the aura of someone if you paid attention to them well enough, he noted. At least, if they radiated a strong one. Which she most certainly did in his mind. With that in mind, he was going to pick his words carefully, something he'd learned over the years on the streets of Shanghai.

"I heard you provide housing to new arrivals." Shen quipped. He then gave a wry smile. "Truth is, I need a place to keep me off the streets. Not so sure how folks would take a guy sleepin' in the streets and in the park and the like." Yeah, Shen Woo had been homeless before, and had lived out of boxes, lived in parks, lived in alleys, even lived out of a nice A 1986 Shanghai SH760 at one point. That had been one of the best, by far, and had been his home during his turbulent teenage years after most of his gang had been killed by a rival gang. Truth was, he didn't have a Shanghai SH760 anymore. Who could afford an automobile in the economic climate the world had been in during the 2000s? That's right. No one.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 am

Impa did tend to have that unintentional intimidation factor about herself, although she could certainly shift it to full intentional whenever she chose to do so. Still, although she did need to keep her air of authority about regardless of her own strong aura, she was very well set to be the main role she intended here: a helpful presence. That went for anyone simply seeking a place to stay here, including her fellow strong fighter here.

“That we do,” responded Impa to his quip, nodding before he added to his full reasoning for requesting a place to stay. “Rest assured, we have plenty of rooms, and I hope you’re able to enjoy yours here. This should also be better than the streets or park, considering we also have full amenities and free food for residents.”

Moving to pull out a new room form, Impa asked, “We have four floors here; do you have a preference for one or a room location in general?”
    Shen Woo
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Shen Woo on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:44 am

Shen's gaze seemed to shift. This place was even nicer than a car, at that. Mind you he'd still love to get a car for the occasional street race and having quick transportation rather than pounding the pavement with his leather-soled shoes. And considering full amenities and free food, he couldn't help but light up a little. Okay, maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. It was a place out of the elements, he could probably set up some stuff to train quietly so as not to disturb his neighbors. All-in-all, not bad, not bad at all. A thoughtful smile crossed his face. If Duo Lon ever showed up, he might even try to get the assassin to move in here, give him somewhere calm and restful to soothe his spirit.

"Second or third floor. Gives me that excuse to exercise, but also affords a nice view." He gave a small grin. He was at least honest. He liked a nice view of the city; it was something he'd loved about living over a restaurant when he was a kid raised by a gang in Shanghai. "No preference other than that, thanks."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:31 pm

Although she did not know exactly what her new tenant-to-be was thinking, Impa felt his sentiment all the same. The Stock Pot Inn was indeed very well kept; it was a place that Impa was happy to live at and honored to work for. She, Link, Link, Sheik, and less officially Tetra all took great pride in their work here, and although none of them had planned to work at an inn upon their arrival in this world, much less after getting settled, they had all made it work very, very well. Things had a way of working out, and their own little family had made them work well and even better.

The Hyruleans loved this inn, they were pleased to take care of their tenants, and most of all, they were happy to be able to work together. It had been one of their marks on this world, and they were set to take care of that as best they could until a greater quest called for them.

Impa did notice how her new arrival’s gaze and mood lifted some, and she was quite pleased for that. Nodding at his noted preference, she completed a quick mental check before figuring out the perfect room for him. “That is very sound reasoning; I have just the room in mind for your and I hope you enjoy it.”

With that, she noted and dated the form before sliding it around and over to him, right before offering him a pen to use.

Room: 236                                             
    Date: August 19th, 2018                           
    Name: ___________________________
    Signed: __________________________
    Shen Woo
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Shen Woo on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:06 am

It was almost inspiring him that when he finally made a dojo--it would be a long time before he did--he would take the same care to make sure it was just as neat and well-taken-care-of as the Stock Pot Inn itself. Or, if the dojo ever fell through, he'd be okay with the inn. He wasn't a picky sort, really; beggars were rarely choosers in any case. Not that he was a beggar for anything.

"Thanks very much!" A swift grin flitted across his face. He was feeling quite wonderful now with his choice.

He would carefully fill out what was necessary of the form, his handwriting surprisingly neat. Though a brawling street-urchin and gang member, he was at least the most incredibly tidy fellow he could think of. And that was especially true of his writing. Once finished, he handed over the pen with a smile.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:43 am

“You’re quite welcome,” stated Impa, smiling slightly and nodding to the new arrival’s thanks. Once he had deftly filled out the form, the Sheikah picked it up, looked it over to check that everything was in order, and filed it away in the proper folder. “Excellent, and thank you as well.”

With that set, Impa opened the drawer where the card keys were set, quickly find and picking out the one that corresponded to the room that Shen had been given. With it in hand, she closed the drawer again, and offered it to him, giving him a firm nod and slightly broader smile as she did so. “All right then; here you are. This card key will get you into your room, the front door should you ever need to enter once the door is locked for the night, and into the dining area.”

Gesturing slightly, the Sheikah added, “The stairs and elevators are just around the corner there. Is there anything else I can help you out with today?”
    Shen Woo
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Shen Woo on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:51 am

"You're welcome!" He perked up, quite surprised at her own thanks--though in hindsight he realized he didn't have to be so surprised. After all, signing the forms was him doing his part. Okay, maybe he wasn't so much a thug as a gangster with a heart of gold. Yeah, he was still getting used to the fact that maybe gold-hearted gangster was a better term for a guy like him. Old habits did, after all, die hard.

He took the key-card with a grin. Now this was more familiar to him, as he'd had plenty of key-cards to hotel rooms back during the King of Fighters tournament. Come to think of it, had he turned in his last one? Oof, he'd have to check his wallet later about that one. "Awesome. This is great, considering I'm a bit of a night owl." He chuckled. He was indeed a creature of the night--what gangster wasn't at least a little?--but not in the same sense as some folks he knew, including an assassin from an ancient clan.

"Nothing else, thanks. Oughtta get upstairs and check things out--moreso for little things I might bring in." He quipped. He was already planning on a punching bag, after all.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:33 am

“That would make two of us then,” mused Impa at Shen’s admission that he was a night owl. The Sheikah was much more of a night person than one of the day, although she did still manage to keep a mostly diurnal schedule. Thankfully, her own nocturnal nature came in handy more often than not, whether it was for work at the inn or helping keep watch on her four charges, and she was as amused as she was unsurprised to find another night person like herself.

Nodding to gold-hearted gangster, Impa smiled at his idea for figuring out how he would customize his new room. “Of course. I can personally vouch that the rooms here are very cozy, but also very easy to customize. Best of luck with all of that, and do let me know if I can help in any other way.”
    Shen Woo
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Shen Woo on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am

It had really been a survival instinct on the streets because you never knew when someone was going to try to stab a guy. But he gave a wry chuckle. Ah, so he wasn't alone in his more nocturnal nature. But at least he wasn't Duo Lon, staying up until four in the morning, thankfully. Yeah, if Duo Lon showed up he was going to have to figure out how to convince that extremely nocturnal assassin to get some sleep early--even if they didn't end up in the same room together. It was mostly because he cared about one of his most worthy opponents...who he might have feelings for.

He gave a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his head. "Know where I might find a durable punching bag? And...maybe a small stereo?" He did, after all, love training to music, and training in general. After all, he had to keep his fighting moves sharp! If what Nyreena had said earlier was true, he was looking at needing to get his full strength back, and fast, because who knew when a now-infrequent apocalypse could happen?
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:58 am

Whilst Impa was more than set to help Shen Woo out with anything he had in mind, she had to admit that him already asking where he could find certain items was lower on her list of possible questions from him. It was a perfectly sensible question, and one she expected to arise at some point; it had simply sprung up just a bit sooner than she thought it might have.

All the same, the Sheikah returned his sheepish smile with a confident one of her own. Nodding and moving to grab a folded map of the city, she opened it up to a certain section, offering it to her new tenant. As she motioned to a specific location, Impa stated, “That I do. Your best bet for both a durable punching bag and a small stereo would be Rosewater Mall. It’s over in the Business District… which would be here compared to the Residential District.”
    Shen Woo
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Shen Woo on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:40 pm

A relieved look crossed his features. At least he had a basis to go off of. He'd been to the mall and knew the location fairly well. It was just a matter of figuring out what stores he would have to go to in order to get what he needed at this point. "Thanks. I think I know where I'm headed in the morning then. Or ah, when I've got more than just chump change." He rubbed his head and grinned.

He wasn't exactly going to let being a little short on credits get his spirits down. That was a pain in the neck sometimes, but it wasn't something to get bent out of shape about. In fact, he seemed downright cheerful for someone who was broke. Maybe because he knew that being broke wasn't the end of the world. Even being broke and homeless hadn't been the end of the world.

He seemed to relax better now knowing that he had a home. Even a temporary one. If it was permanent, he was okay with that too. A home was a home as far as he was concerned. "Thanks again. You enjoy your evening."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:54 pm

“Of course,” stated Impa, nodding to Shen Woo at his thanks. She certainly understood where she was coming from, both from a planning and a monetary standpoint. “That sounds like an excellent plan. Also, just to let you know… whilst there are plenty of stores that cater to both of those items you’re looking for, I can outright suggest the BLADE n’ Trade shop for the punching bag, and Chirpy Chips for a stereo. They’re not the only two shops, but do keep an eye out for them.”

This new fighter that had become a tenant seemed rather level-headed, and from her first perception of him, Impa was glad to have in at the inn. Hopefully, it would prove to be a good home for him.

At Shen Woo’s kind sentiment, Impa smiled softly and gave him one more nod. “You’re most welcome. You enjoy yours as well.” With that, as he was set to see himself off, she turned to the desk, making sure that everything was in order for her young charges.

It was still something of an unexpected place for any of the Hyruleans to wind up not only staying but working at, but the inn was something that they had turned quite honestly into their own. It was a place that Impa took great pride in, and she was happy to have been able to help out yet another new arrival. Just as she guarded her princess, just as she protected her charges, so too would she look after this place.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:10 am