Living a Nightmare

Curiosity
    Curiosity
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 13

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 UD6hGmr20/20Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 80ZXdcG180/180Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (180/180)
    Stamina Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 NlcFHJD26/26Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (26/26)

Living a Nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Living a Nightmare

Post by Curiosity on 3/11/2019, 04:38

The beasts mind had gone blank with the sound whirling blades again, his eyes openly staring but unseeing. One could peer into their ruby depts and see that no one was home. He visibly flinched the memory playing over and over in his mind. Shhrrlllumph! whriii!!!! Shrrrllumph! The sound itself was deafening and drowned out most of the alien’s informative words. Whiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr!!! Slliiirrrppp!!!

Seconds that felt like hours flew, until a faint sound drew his attention, it was familiar yet foreignly soothing. It was words which reminded him enough of what was real and what was memory. Kev’s voice managed shake him out of the traumatic loop. Releasing the shuddering breath, which he’d forgot he was holding, Curi’s eyes focused on the lights in the sky. That’s right he wasn’t in the cave anymore, this was the sky and it was beautiful. ”Thank you... ” Another deep breath vacated the beast’s mighty lungs, his fear slowly followed it. ”That was not my friend... Or well he was not well...  He would not had done that. “ Probably not unless there was actual reason, right? The pitiful giant fluff’s thoughts were quiet almost a whisper.

With a deeper sigh the nargacuga shut his eyes and took in a deep breath to steady himself. He was safe now, Kev has told him as much, and the beast knew he could trust the scaly one. The alien had done nothing but helped him and was always truthful. If someone tried to tell him other wise they would risk their life, if they weren’t careful.

The nargacuga concentrated on the scent of the alien and the sounds of the open night’s breeze. Said breeze ruffled his fur the wrong way, causing it to stand up on end. His size instantly doubled making it difficult to hide under the smaller figure. Kev why do you have to be so lean? Whyyyy? ”Hufffff....” Curi’s fluffy form started to steady, the shaking became less and less

Curling up tighter around the smaller form the creature of the night managed to hide his friend with a wall of fur covered muscle and warmth. The cold of the night would not be felt, as he’d been shielded tightly by fluffy warmth. Compared to his fit friend the beast’s bulk was more muscle than bones and scales.~

Even if the ”Python” had good form and enough meat to make a corpse smile trying to forcibly move a nargacuga of Curi’s size was an almost impossible feat. Perhaps if the Deviant was his younger sister’s size his friend might be able to. She was very much smaller than him, but that didn’t make less a deadly knife with wings. Daggers could cut too.

”Yes.. it’s been a.... hmmmrrrr... weak? All is better.. ”

Curi’s eye opened their depths were calmer their spark of curiosity burned brighter as a question formed. ”Why do people wear clothes? Not armor, the ones that won’t protect them? ”
    Kev
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 UD6hGmr0/0Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 80ZXdcG650/650Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 NlcFHJD120/120Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (120/120)

Post by Kev on 3/13/2019, 22:53

Kev stared down into Curiosity's eyes, his reflection blinking up at him from the ruby orbs. The nargacuga's gaze was blank. The poor guy was trapped inside of his traumatic memories. What an awful death! This was going to haunt his friend for some time. For now...all he could do was his best. The alien pressed close, trilling like a motorcycle engine and feeding him words that had always been good for shaking Kev himself out of stupors in the past. He let out a little sigh of relief when it seemed to do the trick. "You're welcome, Curi! Anytime. I'm just glad you came back." His fingertips brushed through the thick fluff of the nargacuga's neck, idly following his gaze towards the sky. "No... I don't think he'd have done that. Knock Out is a lot of things, but he doesn't really murder or attack without good reason." And that thick layer of Daemeon blood was all Kev needed to understand the situation. That was baaad juju!

"Sometimes, Curiosity..." A little shiver escaped the alien as a breeze blew over the both of them. "S-sometimes things happen here. Strange things, and it leads to people being corrupted. They wind up twisted, changed. Sometimes even mind controlled." Even the nargacuga had experience with such a thing, although he didn't want to point it out deliberately. Curi was already dealing with enough, and he didn't need Kev to press on that certain little 'button'! "Hopefully, whenever you see him again, you'll both be able to...'talk' about it? And come to an understanding." Things were bound to be tense between the two after this.

Before Kev could celebrate too much over his friend's steadying form, he was soon enveloped within it! "Eep!" Like a gigantic cat, Curi folded himself around the alien and sandwiched him between thick muscle and warmth. Not that he was complaining. Wriggling to make himself comfy, Kev soon found himself curling up like a satisfied lizard. He snorted softly, burying his face deeper into his friend's fur. "I can't pretend that this won't be difficult, Curi... But I promise. I promise, that this will get easier with time. It'll just be a distant memory, and it won't bring you anymore pain. You'll feel much better." And eventually, those nightmares would go away! ...Though in Kev's case, it certainly helped to be dating a ghoul who could gobble up his bad dreams as if they were Valentine's day chocolates!

Pressing his nose to Curi's snout, Kev blinked back at his friend's sudden and... very random question! "Huh?" He briefly glanced down to his own pair of pajamas. "Well...there are several reasons. The biggest one is that many cultures are sensitive about exposing one's naked body. Many people believe that only your mates should see uh... certain things. And to walk around just waving those things all over the place or exposing yourself to people is seen as terribly rude! Otherwise, people wear clothes because they want to look nice. They'll also wear clothes to keep themselves warmer, since not everyone has your massive fluff!" As if to punctuate this point, the alien dug his fingertips into Curi's fluff and gave him a vigorous scratching!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Curiosity
    Curiosity
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 UD6hGmr20/20Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 80ZXdcG180/180Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (180/180)
    Stamina Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 NlcFHJD26/26Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (26/26)

Post by Curiosity on 5/6/2019, 09:12

”Trrrr... It good to be back... Scaramouche and Lunette... Did they notice that I was missing? Might have been worried..

Would they?... Quite plausible...

The fluffy beast sighed once more, and once more his anxiety follow it out through his snoot. What a terrible way to wake, stuck hanging upside down and on top of that you learn you died several sunsets ago! Wasted time... seven sunsets?! ”Huff!” Curiosity, of course, had no real plans for those days, but seven sunsets was a lot of time! There was much he could have done! Like hunting, sparing and... ehh... purring?

Anywhoo~ things are more complicated and more dangerous than he was used to. The new world around him seemed so much more unknown and frightening. Cultures! Etiquette! Emotions! Rules! And worst of all Demons! There was the fact that there was no way to tell if a lake or something was inhabited by demons or if someone was in a normal state. After his encounters with not just one, but two demons it felt like they were they were around every corner just waiting to rip into his very fiver and being!

Right now there were only two beings he could undoubtedly trust... Up until some demon decides to inhabit them and hunt him down. Or worse makes them go on a crazy killing spree and force his paw to put them down for the greater good. That would be terrible.

Hmm... sounds... familiar....

Frowning the fluffer tried to burry his noggin deeper into the lizard man clothed belly. Fear should feed you more there wasn’t much to hide under! Unable to completely hide his face, the beast settled for trying to look apologetic and sheepish at the smaller being. If there was one between them who should know how exactly that felt, it would be the Fluffernutter himself. That lake demon incident had left more scars that any hunter the nargacuga faced.

Wrapping snugly around the scaly-one was all he wanted to do at this moment. So he did, like a cat hugging a lean stuffed lizard for comfort and perhaps for the gifs. He was just too big. Perhaps with the oddities of this new world Curi would find a way to become smaller and normal, when he felt like it. Yes! Smaller he would be able to fit under or in things and... hehe... sCURI around. Hunting would be a new challenge and this would be welcomed with wide open paws. If things got too much he could always revert back to normal and beat the stuffing out of whoever.

Purrs rumbled from the fluffy form as his thoughts grew more elaborate and distracting. They however were not expressed in the form of words, but moving images. Each new thought scene seemed to be more random and preposterous like how one would go browsing PortalTube very late in the night. Of course the purring beast didn’t know how to do that or what PortalTube even was. He has never seen it before in his fluff covered life, that’s just how he thought while daydreaming.

The Deviant’s thought process sped through the silliest of ideas. Like hiding in people’s pockets and sleeping in them too. At one point he claimed a nice box as his nest and took it with him wherever he went. Then there was the facts about  food that Scaramouche cooked. Each serving would be many times bigger than the fluffer, meaning more for him to eat and enjoy. If he was the right size a big fat steak could last him a day! If he felt like it he could shrink down till what ever was prepared would turn him into a sphere. Surely the robot would love to pocket him or just roll him home?

Of course there would drawbacks, like being easier to capture and... bathe! Then he would also be less intimidating, but many times more misleading than he currently was, wild animal was always dangerous. Would he sacrifice his intimidation for being able to feel safe under someone’s wing/paw/silk lined pocket and for the shits and giggles? His purring and mind chatter abruptly focused on this thought then back at the moment at hand. The answer would simply depend if he could shrink and normalise as he pleased.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:"I can't pretend that this won't be difficult, Curi... But I promise. I promise, that this will get easier with time. It'll just be a distant memory, and it won't bring you anymore pain. You'll feel much better."

Hmmm... I understand. Time heals all wounds, eventually...I trust you... Kev is very wise. Prrrrr...” He’d managed to reply while watching one of the the broadcasted thoughts of smaller version of himself hiding in a shoe box watching people through a peephole. Random shoes would glide passed the box and if anything got too close a tiny striped paw would stick out to try and catch them. Claws sheathed. swipe... swipe... pap-pap! And the tip of a familiar red heel was caught!

”Prrrr....”The quicker these haunting left his furry head the better it would be for himself and those around him.

Feeling the light touch of the alien’s nose cause the beast to purr a little more fondly. He was feeling much better now, more himself than before learning he had just died. A lot of time had just passed... since he’d died by the saw of a friend. But said friend was not himself... Kev needs more meat on his bones. There was only one thing that the Fluffer could do about these as they had already happened, take a step forward no matter how small. Nothing is ever easy.. is it?.. Huff...”

Ah culture... Whatever that was... way of life of a group/population of peoples. Thank you new worldly intelligence. Being warm, comfortable, and looking nice? Squirming a little the beast tilted his head to look at his little friend’s current attire. Curious ruby orbs zeroed in on the scaly one’s face and posture, indeed he looked comfortable enough to just fall asleep like a hatchling. Although Curi wasn’t very sure if that was because of the walls of fluff and warmth or the comfy clothes, perhaps it was even both? Either way the alien’s answer seemed satisfactory enough, so the curious one nodded. Then went right back to purring and leaning into them scratchies. Yasss not many had fur to contend with his high grade fluff, Scaramouche’s mate perhaps... maybe she was a whole different fluff.

Now at a much calmer state, he took his first healing step forward, the beast reminded himself of what has happened to face it head on. There was nothing he could do about it now, but thanks to this new world he was alive again and had a second chance. It was weird and still confusing, but you would not hear a squawk of complaint from this pseudowyvern. This was too good to be true but here he was now, and Knockout too, where ever he was. This put an abruptly halt at any new thoughts... what about the accidental hatchling!

Kev! The Vaal! The Vaal! If I’m alive and Knockout should be alive, will it not live again too? Grrrrr....”

Worry bloomed in his great furry chest, like a demonic sapling shooting out of the cavern floor. His scarlet eyes widened further in the thought of having to go fight that sadistic thing fiend again or his friends having to risk injury or their lives. Did the hunters even make it out alive or did they lose more? The metallic-one and his ward what happened to them? What about Kyoko, the other cybertronians, the smelly rabbit bot, and Kev’s son?

It was like a fire lit in his mind, and two name was responsible for it. Daemon... Nyreena... He was shaking again, but it was different. It wasn’t fear or shock that fuelled it. A familiar red glow illuminated from his fearsome eyes, while his wicked sharp claws unsheathed slowly. The beast’s fur bristled as a low furious growl rumbled from deep within that great chest. He was simmering with pent up rage.

He should make them pay! Pay dearly, but how? He couldn’t eat Daemon or he’d end up like the Knockout who killed him. That ink like blood could probably do more than take over a creature so it was not worth sinking his teeth into. The ghost was just as tricky though, how would you claw at someone who could pass right through you? It would be easier for the beast to get at her than the demon. She might have bested the said demon in a spar, but she was dumb enough to let him manipulate her. Perhaps it was not her he had to claw, she did have a mate or was it a suitor? Perhaps something could be done here?
    Kev
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 UD6hGmr0/0Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 80ZXdcG650/650Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    Living a Nightmare - Page 2 NlcFHJD120/120Living a Nightmare - Page 2 QVqUJop  (120/120)

Post by Kev on 6/22/2019, 13:57

”Trrrr... It good to be back... Scaramouche and Lunette... Did they notice that I was missing? Might have been worried..

"Of course! I'm sure everyone who knows you was worried when your fluffy butt didn't come around." Kev gave Curiosity's chin an affectionate rub. "You have your moments where you leave the city to hunt and do your Curi-things, but you also have a habit of getting into trouble. So it's hard to realize when you might actually be in trouble, or if you're just faffing in the forest. But Scaramouche and Lunette noticed I think. Even if they might not have known whether you were in trouble or not." And it wasn't like Curi had a phone number they could call to check on him. Such was how it was when you befriended a wild creature like him. The nargacuga needed his space to sow his wild oats! He was a free creature, able to do what he wanted within reason!

Privy to the creature's worries about demons and trusted companions being possessed, the alien's fingertips began to rub circles into Curiosity's fluff. "Hey, I'm sure I've hit my quota for being mind controlled, or possessed, or twisted against my will." Kev joked lightly, before fixing the narga's gaze with a firm but reassuring one. "Fear and I have a psychic connection. If anything like that ever happened to me... He'd be the first to know. He'd take care of it and make sure no one gets hurt by my hand." Assuming, of course, that such corruption didn't spread from him to the ghoul through the bond but! We'll just have to cross that bridge if it ever came. And besides, the alien had faith that his supernatural lover was strong enough to resist such things. A corrupting force couldn't possibly corrupt another force like that, right? "Otherwise... I'd say, just be aware of your friends. The things they say, or do. How they act. If they do something that's uncharacteristic, then that's a sign that something's wrong. My best advice for how to handle them at that point is...to remember not to take anything they do or say too personally. Help them if you can. No matter what." Even if it meant, yes, that Curi might have to put them down.

Kev definitely preferred having the beast wrapped around his body rather than trying to hide his massive head against the alien's tummy although both were oddly adorable. Being surrounded by warm fluff and firm muscle was definitely more comforting on a whole! His cheeks nuzzled into the nargacuga, body curling up against Curiosity. Only the narga's racing thoughts seemed to keep the alien awake. Such strange and cute ideas, shrinking himself down and getting up to shenanigans. The scaly man snickered as the moving images flashed through his mind like channels switching on the telly. Especially funny was how he could juggle a serious response while imagining himself in a box and snagging Scaramouche's heel! Ah, to have the imagination of a deviant!

"Thank you for saying that, Curi! I don't always feel very wise but... Sometimes I do know what I'm talking about!" Nestling against the larger creature, Kev snickered softly. "I trust you too~." Boop boop goes the nose! His large eyes squinted fondly at the creature's poignant words. "Right you are. But if everything was easy, would it be worth doing?" Life was an adventure, a lesson. A constant education, and one was meant to be challenged! "Sometimes the best things in life are hard, because it's worth the risk and hardship." His mind went to his lover and partner. Not because Fear was a horrible lover or anything! In fact, he was fantastic! But specific people around them had made their relationship difficult, causing stress on both of them as they tried to carry forward together. But with such strife came opportunities to prove their love and devotion to each other. To show each other what they were willing to do to stay with the other. How important they were to each other and ultimately... That they could have a relationship together.

With a satisfying answer given to the nargacuga, peace settled upon them both. The alien was indeed comfortable because of Curi's fluff and his comfy pajamas! It was his bedtime too, and so his eyes were getting just a tad heavy... Perhaps a nap could be nice...? Just a small one! Yes... A nice...

Kev! The Vaal! The Vaal! If I’m alive and Knockout should be alive, will it not live again too? Grrrrr....”

...Eh? Kev blinked out of his daze, taking a moment to fix his gaze to the deviant's who were getting progressively more crimson and glowing. A reasonable concern. He brought a palm to the corner of his eyes, rubbing the drowsiness out of them. "Mmngh...?" Right, right, the Vaal. The dragon. If death wasn't always permanent, why would he die? "I'm not entirely sure, honestly. Sometimes things do linger. Hazama lingered after his...sssshit. Daemeon... Ridley. But, sometimes people who try to do bad things also die. Like Sir, like uh... the demons in the demon town...? And the uh...the planet thing taking control of robots... It's all just sort of convenient, really." Kev slapped his own cheek softly to wake himself up as Curi's thoughts were racing again. But it wasn't very cute or humorous this time.

"I think you'll have to find some of the others and ask them what you missed. I don't know anything for sure, but I do know I haven't heard anything more about the dragon. In case it does come back, just be aware of the same things that outed it in the first place. And Daemeon's not really subtle so... If it does come back he'll make a big show of it and act like an arrogant moron." Fur bristling and growling deeply through his barrel chest, one didn't have to be a mind reader to know that Curi was considering revenge. Kev continued to cuddle the creature, thoughtful and silent as he considered such rage. His fingertips rubbed and scratched at the nargacuga's skin beneath the fluff.

"...You are your own person, Curi. And you were murdered because of their mistakes. Murdered painfully. The only thing I will tell you is that harming them won't bring magically bring you peace or heal what happened. But it's up to you what you want to do. I can't control you or tell you what to do. Killing Daemeon would just make him stronger, and if there's anything he wants it is attention. Nyreena..." His gaze turned to the side, disappointment clear in his gaze. "I fired her from the shop for getting involved in Daemeon's crap. I warned her again and again to stay away from him. And last time she got involved in his plotting, a good man was murdered. So sadly, she...repeated that mistake. I don't think you attacking her would teach her a thing, but..." He shrugged limply. "Whatever goes down, I'm not going to get involved. That's my only request, is don't include me."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Curiosity
    Curiosity
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Curiosity on 8/1/2019, 01:57

Yess yess he did have his Curi things to deal with, mostly romp around the woods learning what was edible and what he could rouse a fight out of. The kelbi things and predator fluffs, deer and wolves, fled from the very sight of his monstrous hide, even if they had the numbers. They were smart enough to know they were out matched and would likely end up in a warm belly than with one. The much bigger predator fluffs however, seemed to be moody, sometimes they’ll fight other times they flee. Was it because of their younglings? Curi would need to pester them more.

Then there was that he was still searching for her. This new world couldn’t have been too big to find her in?... right? Drrr....

.‘Flaffing? Did you mean fluffing?’ Bubbled a quiet thought as the beast rumbled another round of purrs and nuzzling.

Scaramouch? Lunette? And Kev... noticed. Prrrr... worried?

The furryone’s purring quieted as his ears folded behind his thick skull. For the rage that is Akantor! These were mixing emotions were just too confusing! He’d worried someone, more than one person in fact! Someone had cared enough to take notice of his absence. Why did this affect him? He was an independent fearsome beast, this never crossed his mind until he entered this world. Perhaps he was getting.... soft? Soft...  soft like a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!

NOOoooo! The yelp echoed through the his thoughts, it was much like a chirp from the aforementioned bird creature. He was nothing like those things, Curi did not flee a at the sight of a hunter. Nor does he hitch rides on the backs of herbivores, although that might be a new adventure! For another time. Cue the sudden appearance of the image of Curiosity riding the back of a panicked Popo. The epitome of carried lunch!

Demons... huffff...

The larger being frowned taking in what his friend has said. ..Whatever it takes... Curi repeated quietly, his frown deepened as he glared. He wasn’t looking at anything in particular, but that never stopped it from being quite frightening. The poor innocent shrubbery seemed to shrink as it starred back into the eyes of this predator. They were unable to move or look away, the fate any inanimate object. It was after all but a friendly neighbourhood shrub.

A heavy sigh flooshed out of the wild thing, the alien wise words did not fall on deaf ears this time. Kev was right, of course he was, anything worth the effort was usually... well.. worth it. One reaps the seeds they sow. The dragon had been planting death and in the end got it. The ghost also got her due, as did the demon? What ever happened to that guy?

Pat.. pat.. huh?

Blinking out of his thought trail, Curi looked at the poor lizard man. He looked tired, sleepy even. Was it that late? Constructed pupils rolled upwards to see the dark sky, it was truly late for day creatures. Day creatures like... Kev! Oh so smart Kev. Perhaps he could find one of his fellow hunters and ask them, but that would need to be later. They were probably asleep or recharging. Something he himself wouldn’t mind going back into if he could. Coming back from the dead was tiring. Hufff... but it was better than not coming back.

Sinking back into his thought is revenge and how to extract it, the nargacuga leaned into those deep scratchies. Sometimes claws and paws can’t reach under all the fluff to get a good scratch. Prrrrrrrr... Very.. Convenient, indeed.

Gently losing their murderous glow the deviant’a eyes slowly closed. Rhythmic rubbing and the soothing presence that was Kev did wonders to tranquillise the nargacuga. Everything felt safe and peaceful around the scaly alien. Maybe it was the telepathic coaxing or the truth, either way the wild thing was always grateful to have met him.

Curiosity shifted closer tightening his body around his friend like how a snake would. Of course it was less like “your my lunch” and more “you’re my teddy bear”.  Punishing and vengeance can wait a day or so.

Nrrr... We shall see... not involve the Kev.. promise.. Prrrrrzzzz......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 8/25/2019, 17:07