Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Cutting to the Chase

Post by Metal Man on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Time: 8:15PM
    Date: November 3, 0009

Metal Man pulled his cloak around himself tighter, shivering with faint echoes of wind. Sure, cool but not cold weather was good for robots and he acknowledged this. His system could get pretty heated up in only a matter of minutes if he was really getting into a battle. But day-to-day walking and the occasional growling over his communications unit? Nah, he wasn't heating up that much over that. Okay, maybe his left ear was heating up a little, but not on a scale that required him to be somewhere cooled down for any extended period of time. The truth of the matter was that he didn't really like being cold, just as much as he hated being hot. Give him a comfortable sixty-five degrees to regulate his temperature and he would be absolutely, positively okie-dokie, aces, perfectly and utterly fine.

There was a ruffling of his cloak as he slid his left hand back up into the hood to tap to his left ear comm unit again. "Doctor Wily, pick up if you're at your terminal? This is really starting to get annoying." He grumbled. "And if that's you, again, Air Man, the leaf thing is not a threat, it is not a promise, it is a guarantee!"

He slipped his arm back down out of the hood, clenching a fist. His communications array was getting him nowhere. And no matter how long he walked this messy stretch of outer city, he was as lost as ever. This wasn't Monsteropolis, which he knew like the riveted back of his ceramic titanium hand. Wait, was the paint chipping off that rivet on his left hand?

Shit.

His ears flicked back slightly, stretching the hood back slightly. He was never so glad as he was in this moment that his mouth and nose were masked by the red ceramic titanium mask. Otherwise someone might see how wrinkled his cute little nose was and comment on his pout. Thank Wily that couldn't be seen though. And hopefully no one really knew what the ear movements meant.

This was just not going to be his evening.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Re: Cutting to the Chase

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Dressed in her usual clothes, Kyoko Sakura had just finished a productive survey of the Outer District! She'd managed to find a witch, beating it to a pulp and earning herself a Grief Seed! The teen smirked with triumph. Crazy as the dragon hunt had been, she could feel that she'd gotten stronger due to it! The witches were a little easier to fight! Now she was just enjoying a late dinner as she scouted the place oooone more time! One hand clutched a paper-wrapped burger, the food unwrapped so she could chomp on it as she walked. Her other hand held the box for her fries, dumping them into her mouth intermittently! Munching and crunching would announce her approach.

GULP!

With a thick swallow, Kyoko came to a stop and tilted her head at the stranger up ahead. They were enveloped in a cloak, hiding almost every identifiable feature. There was maybe a hint of a mask on the face? The teen's face screwed up in confusion. Shady people weren't uncommon here. Most shady people were in the middle of something though. Whether it was a con or a scheme. People who were up to no good gave off an air of knowing what they were doing! This guy seemed utterly lost! Shoving the rest of her burger into her mouth, the redhead finished it off and crumpled the paper in her fist.

"What's your deal? Take a wrong turn somewhere or something?" She inquired, pointing her index finger in the mysterious cloaked stranger's direction.
    Metal Man
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Metal Man on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:30 pm

"You could say something like that." His hand slipped out from his cloak, glinting with crimson ceramic titanium alloy and--wait, was that a silver saw? He seemed to rub his left temple with his left middle and ring fingers. "There I was, minding my own business, tracking down an old rival, and suddenly I go from rooftops to this mess."

For a moment, the breeze whipped his cloak and there was the faint glint of a sawblade at his forehead too. He almost looked like he could be a super-sentai hero, or else a video game boss from an old eighties Nintendo Famicom game. Or Nintendo Entertainment System for those among the world raised in the west. But whoever he was, he was definitely lost.

"Can't even find Shade Man and he was on my mission with me since he had someone to track down too. Leave it to the vampire bot to ditch a guy, huh?" Now his hands rested on his hips and he huffed slightly, his cloak billowing a little in back with his back cooling fans. "Should have brought Crash Man, at least I know he's reliable...or, Asimov-forbid, maybe Shadow Man..."

Sniff. Sniff-sniff. "French fries? Hit up a Makudo?" Oh, how he sounded like the idiot from Osaka right now...
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:55 pm

"There I was, minding my own business, tracking down an old rival, and suddenly I go from rooftops to this mess."

A slim eyebrow raised at the hand. Some sort of metal? With a saw attached? Must be a robot of some kind! That or a very committed cosplayer. Or, worst case scenario, some sort of serial killer who saws people into bits. Hardly intimidated by such a possibility, the girl squinted at the cloaked person. "No fooling? Geez. That sucks, then. You must be another newbie." Sucks for them! "In that case, welcome to Portal Breach! You're stuck here for a while." A gust of wind caught the hood of the cloak and revealed a sawblade upon their forehead too. Kyoko made a face. "Why are you so sharp? What happens if you trip? You're gonna get all cut up!"

Vampire bot? Named Shade Man? "Why not Shade 'Bot?" The teen shrugged, confused by the sudden onslaught of names. Shade Man, Crash Man, Shadow Man. Who were these guys? "I've never heard of any of those people. You're probably not gonna run into them here." Whether that was a good thing or not remained to be seen. It was hard to get a read on who these names were and their relation to the stranger.

"French fries?  Hit up a Makudo?"

Huh? The magical girl glanced down, reminded of the box of fries in her hand. Oh yes. Kyoko shoved a crispy fry into her mouth. "Some'fin like dat." She answered, mouth full of potato. Waiting to speak again until she swallowed, Kyoko gave him an interested look. "You know Japanese?" Wasn't too surprising if they really were a robot, but she still found herself curious.
    Metal Man
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Metal Man on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:32 pm

"Something like that, yeah." He then gave a more dismayed look for a moment, his optics darting to the side. "That must be why no one's been picking up my communications at the fortress. Normally someone would have shoved that big blue blowhard out of the way by now and answered me. Or the doc himself..."

He gave a hearty laugh, his ears perking up slightly, making his hood seem to shift positions ever so slightly that much more. "Me, trip? My balance systems wouldn't let that happen. I'd sooner end up balanced on one of my hands long enough to get myself back to my feet." He wasn't even lying, to be fair. He had exceptional balance. "I'd honestly feel bad for anyone I might accidentally collide into instead." He then scratched his lower mask with his left hand. "As for why I'm so sharp, you'd have to ask Dr. Wily that one. I didn't design myself, you know."

His frame slumped slightly. "So let me get this straight from what you've told me already. I'm in a place called Portal Breach, my brothers are nowhere in sight, and I'm stuck here. Am I getting this right?" He seemed to tick it off on his fingers. He then darted his gaze toward her. "C'mon. Give Dr. Wily a little more credit than that. I'd think he'd wanna be more creative than callin' us just 'Bot. Even if he isn't so creative with naming us...I mean, naming the ninja with shadow powers after his powers...and the vampire bot who hides in the shade and throws shade at folks after his favorite haunts..." Oh, was that a little bit of a pun? Well, that was the stock and trade of every Robot Master.

He chuckled with a grin behind his mask. "Mhm. I mean, Skull Fortress was off the coast of the Osaka prefecture." He then winked. "The Doc also made sure I knew German and English. Actually I think he did that with all my brothers and not just me."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:40 pm

'Doc'? 'Fortress'? 'Balance systems'? What the hell was this guy?!  Face scrunching up, the teenager shoved another fry into her gob as she considered the guy's words. "Nomph, nomph...so you're like Baka-bot, then! Pretty sure that's a form of cheatin' if you can't ever actually trip! But I'd be concerned for anybody ya ran into too." Nothing hurt more than running headfirst into a robot covered in blades! Youch. His words also erased any suspicions that he wasn't a robot. He was definitely one! "Dr. Wily? Never heard of the guy. So what's your name? Sharp Man?" Or maybe Saw Man?

"So let me get this straight from what you've told me already.  I'm in a place called Portal Breach, my brothers are nowhere in sight, and I'm stuck here.  Am I getting this right?"

"Got it in one! Your prize is...a fry!" Digging one of the stragglers out of the cardboard carton, she pinched it between her fingertips almost as if it were a cigarette. She offered it to him with a wide grin. "Don't be too sad. This place isn't half bad! And you might run into someone you know, someday. If not, guess you're stuck with us." Kyoko winked before abruptly scoffing at his attempted defense. "Well, if you guys are all robots, then why's he calling you 'man' anyway? It'd make more sense to make it bot! Like Shadow Bot or Shade Bot! It's still not creative but it makes waaaay more sense." This Dr. Wily guy sounded like a dummy.

"Yeah?" It didn't feel like it was often that she ran into people who were familiar with Japan, and even fewer who were actually from Japan. "I'm from Kazamino! And before I came here, I was in Mitakihara City! Skull fortress is a metal name!" They didn't come more subtle than that!
    Metal Man
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Metal Man on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:59 pm

Baka-bot?  Oh dear, was there a bot that was actually dumb and foolish enough to be a true "baka" here?  Mind you, this was a bot familiar with Osaka thinking about this so maybe he might have even called whoever it was "aho-bot".  He slowly pulled his hood back, a small smirk behind his mask.  "I'm Metal Man..."  Cue the dramatic pause.  "A real cut above Cut Man."  True, he was designed with Cut Man's capabilities in mind, but he was really a cut above.  He wasn't some timber-felling robot with delusions of being a great warrior.  He was a combat model, programmed to fight to the very end.

He slipped his mask off as quick as a flash--ah, how he already missed numbers twelve and fourteen, and how Quick Man always seemed to come out on top despite his weakness to the Time Stopper--and nudged the offered fry inside his mouth.  Why did Dr. Wily use "Man" anyway?  "I suppose to reinforce that we're programmed to be male.  I've heard rumors that there's a female Robot Master somewhere out there.  T'ch, still, better than the simpler names of a few of my brothers.  I mean...Enker, Punk, Ballade...ugh, and Bass."  Oh how he wished he were just a little bit stronger than Bass, already being the taller bot, so he could literally "drop the Bass".  "But then again, Dr. Light and Dr. Cossack use the same naming pattern.  Maybe it's just to differentiate Robot Masters from your...ordinary robotic worker droids.  I'unno really. And at least I'm not...pffff...Flash Man."  Well who else was the joke of the Second Numbers?  Air Man was one of the stronger models, Bubble Man was surprisingly efficient in his element, Quick Man was the best, Crash Man was Metal's usual partner, Heat Man was dangerous as hell, and Wood Man?  Well, he proved that a robot made out of wood could be badass.  Flash Man was the joke.  Not Mister Weak-To-his-own-Weapon here!

"Isn't it?  That's like...the best thing the doc ever named!  Even though it really was a fortress with a skull theme.  Then again skulls were his motif.  He's kind of a badass for an old guy, really."  The pun hadn't been lost on him, of course.  A pun after his own power core!  "Mitakihara City, huh?  Man, that sounds like a place that might have been in a shojo manga...n-not that I read those or anything!"  And there went the flashbulb wide optics and the embarassed tilting of his left ear.  "Or maybe something out of a video game, yeah?"
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:41 pm

"I'm Metal Man... A real cut above Cut Man."

Aw geeez. Kyoko groaned aloud, sagging forward like a puppet on strings. "That was a terrible pun! Bad!" Ugh, and what a basic name! Sure, he was full of pointy metal, but weren't the other robots all made of metal too? ...Unless they weren't? Robots were too much sometimes. "Well, Metal Man, my name is Kyoko Sakura!" Better name than something like 'redhead girl'!

With a pleased smirk, Kyoko shoved the last fry into her mouth. Weird how robots could sometimes eat! "That's strange. Why're you even supposed to be 'male'? Why not make it mech or somethin'? I dunno, calling you Metal Man seems like it's rubbing the fact that you're not really a man in your face. Can I just call you Metal?" From the teen's point of view, it'd be like naming a dog 'Kitty Cat'. Bratty as she was, she wasn't about to go doing something like calling him man. After a certain point during Metal's spiel, the redhead found herself silently chewing on her fry with a confused look on her face. Not a single word of that meant anything to her. A bunch of names, Doctors, Robot Masters, and worker droids. Did this guy forget that she wasn't from his world and didn't know jack about him?

"Ooh, an old guy with a skull motif? Sounds like my kind of old bag!" How hip! Crumpling the fry carton in her other hand, Kyoko flipped her ponytail behind her back nonchalantly. "So was he the bad guy? Not a lot of heroes have skull themes. Not that I'm judging, I think it's cool!" Plus, it had all the bearings of some sort of...evil guy plot thing. Sitting on his skull fortress, surrounded by robots! Much like how the city Kyoko had come from sounded to Metal like something from a manga! "Well, seeing how I'm a magical girl, I guess my life was like a shojo manga!" She paused, grimacing to herself for a moment. "A really dark one..." Sparing only a few more moments of thought, the teen shook her head. "Well, since you're fresh meat, you probably shouldn't stay out here in the Outer District for long. It's kinda sketchy!" Trotting ahead to shove her garbage in a trash can, she threw a grin over her shoulder. "I'll protect you on the way to the city if you promise to buy me some food sometime!" Tit for tat! And what better reward for a good deed than a yummy snack?
    Metal Man
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Metal Man on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Meanwhile, he thought it was the most hiarious pun in the word. He was still snickering, his frame shaking with nearly-silent laughter. "And to think I make some of the best puns in my family. You'd be in pure hell..." A faint puff of warm air came from his vents, condensing in the cool air of the night. "Kyoko, huh? Not a bad name, Sakura-han." Surprisingly, he was polite enough to call her Ms. Sakura.

He hadn't thought of that, really; humans were weird like that to him. "I...suppose because they wanted to make us feel more...real? I'unno. Humans in my world are weird like that. They want us to be things, but they want us to be people." He shrugged, his ears seeming to tic for almost a faint moment--blink and one would miss it. "Sure. Metal's easier. Quicker. Efficient." Quick, like his brother. Efficient like his usual combat jobs. And ultimately, casual, like he liked to keep it. Other than his family, he was afraid to get too attached. Made it harder when you had to detach later on. He blinked when he looked at the confused expression, tilting his head, his ears seemingly neutral. "Er...I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself, huh? I...I tend to do that sometimes." He chuckled lightly.

Ah, finally, someone who thought that an old guy with a skull motif was as cool as he thought. However, he awkwardly rubbed his head. "I suppose you could say that from one point of view. You see, most humans in my world, they weren't so kind to bots. So he wanted to lead a robot revolution, wanted his sons--my brothers and I--to blaze the path to robot rights. To a world where we would be free to be unique individuals." His optics glinted with pride. "Man, and here I thought most shojo manga were cutesy. I'm more of a shonen guy myself obviously." Of course, technically his world was more like a shonen manga, if you really thought about it. One based on a video game. He grimaced behind his mask at the implication of where he was. Somewhere sketchy, somewhere that he'd probably be scrapped for parts, no less. "Well, I can totally take you up on that. If you know a good place to get some Japanese snacks~. I mean, gotta have that little taste of home, right?" Not to mention, he would probably buy several containers of Meiji Apollo for himself. They were, after all, his absolute favorite human food! Certainly better than those out-of-date instant noodles his creator seemed to be fond of.

While walking, he seemed to, despite his mask, whip out a bell-clear whistle that almost sounded 8-Bit at the same time. It almost sounded like it was from an old video game, but at the same time, wasn't. It was like he'd heard it somewhere, and the tune stuck with him. Perhaps from someone who was the first creation of their own creator too? He wasn't sure, but he just really liked the tune.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:08 pm

"A whole family of punners? I guess that checks out with the way your dad names people. He must love puns too!" Kyoko couldn't spend too much time around anyone obnoxious enough to spout off puns like that. As much as she enjoyed Baka-bot, the redhead wasn't going to meet up with him every hour for that very reason! That honking dork. "Sakura-han?" The magical girl echoed, more out of surprise than anything. Been a while since she heard an honest to goodness honorific like that! She smirked, giggled to herself lightly, and gave a firm nod of approval. "Thanks!"

Right, robots seemed to have a weird thing about feeling real. In Metal's case, the title of man was meant to make them feel more like people! "Hm, still kinda weird, but I guess I get it." A shame that the humans were so back and forth about how they treated robots! "I think that's just how humans are. We're real jerks sometimes. I think it's cause we don't know what we really want." Did this Dr. Wily character want a true son, did he want Metal to act like a real 'man' so to speak? Or did he just want an obedient tool? It could go either way! Maybe he even wanted both! "Eh." She shrugged. "It reminds me of my little sister, she'd kinda go on about stuff like that too. Probably just a filter thing. No harm no foul." It was just pretty confusing when all those words made no sense to her.

In contrast, Metal did a pretty good job of explaining the situation behind his daddy-scientist! Humans were jerks, Dr. Wily was on the robot side of the conflict, and he wanted his robo-sons to help usher in rights for robots! The teen rocked on her heels. "Cool, then I bet you'll like this place. I've never heard of robots being like...denied rights or anything here!" Baka-bot certainly had a handle on things! A job, an apartment, and a girlfriend! It was like the full deal. Everything a robot wanting to be treated like a person would want! "You're definitely very fitting for a shounen anime. A human-y robot boy? I think that's a whole genre on its own!" Like Astroboy or something!

Full of pride, Kyoko grinned wide enough to expose sharp canines. "You bet your ass! I know where to get the best Japanese street food and snacks! I know all the stores, all the vendors! I might as well be the food queen!" None of it was said lightly. As the two began to walk along the sidewalk, Metal Man began to play some sort of musical tune! The teenager bobbed her head with the rhythm. Now that they were on their way, it was a matter of where they should go! She glanced over to the cloaked robot. "Once we're in the actual city, where do you wanna go? Most people's first stop is the Inn, it's free to stay there."
    Metal Man
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Metal Man on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:34 pm

He guffawed behind his mask, covering the whole mask with his metal hand. Indeed, Dr. Wily was probably the worst of all for puns. After all, who named a boy and his dog Bass and Treble? That's right. A punster. "Heh, you don't know the half of it. Some of his puns absolutely split me lengthways." Lengthways. Bad one. Bad pun. At least, if it was a Robot Master dropping it. Metal Man should have left that one to someone with a chainsaw. His ears pricked up in surprise at being thanked. That wasn't something he heard so often. "Welcome!" He chirped in surprise.

He knitted his fingers. "I...think I do too. Man, logic is weird." And this was coming from someone whose system ran on logic. Someone who walked the program, no matter what system he served. "Then I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. I mean, a lot of us robots don't know what we want either most of the time. Guess that's 'cause we're like the sons and daughters of man in a way." Hey, maybe there was a female Robot Master out there, he didn't know! He figured he should be inclusive though. "Bet she was adorable about it." He bet this, of course, because some of his brothers were absolutely adorable about it too. Damn, Heat Man was kind of adorable when he wasn't hopped up on Crash Bombs. And Tengu Man was pretty hilarious about it--being as Metal was pretty sure Tengu was set to the same mental age he was. Every set had their teenager, he supposed.

His optics widened. Freedom? Rights? He wasn't going to be hunted down and sold for scrap? He could be out in the open and not have to worry about scores of humans telling him that he deserved to die and that he was an abomination for being of the mechanical or for being a Doctor Wily Number. "R-really? Really and truly?" He then snickered. "It almost even sounds like it could be a really awesome video game. I'd play the hell out of it." Please, no one ever give him an N.E.S. and Mega Man 2--or a Famicom and Rockman 2. His poor jagged metal heart couldn't take it!

"I kind of almost wanna find out where I can get an E-tank first. Maybe a W-Tank. I haven't decided." But unlike Mega Man, he wouldn't have to hold that last E-tank in reserve to the very end. "I just know I kind of need a pick-me-up. N-not because of the news but because it's been a long day and I've processed a lot." Who was he kidding? It was both the long day and the news.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:16 am

"You sure he didn't put you in stitches?" Maybe she could play along with these puns sometimes! Kyoko didn't really get the joke either, but whatever! She can still work with that. She nodded her head back at him at the 'welcome'. Those little ears of him moved almost like a dog's ears! Maybe if the two got to know each other better, she'd give him an honorific too! Her arms folded behind her head in a very casual manner. "Logic's weird. Life's weird. Lots of things are weird here, too! You'll get used to it." Or maybe not, since he's a robot and all. They seemed pretty puzzled by anomalies.

"Maybe it's just how it is to be alive, then! Never really knowing what you want until it's too late and stuff." Robots as the children of humanity was a weird thought. Made sense but...still strange for the young girl to think about! Maybe it was because she was so young herself? "Oh yeah, she was super cute about pretty much everything. Even being a mischevious little knucklehead!" Kyoko chuckled wistfully. Little Momo Sakura was adorable. She seemed to have the puppy dog eyes down like a master!

"Yeah, sure!" Okay, maybe Kyoko wasn't exactly the best person to ask for if robots were entirely equal to organics here, but she certainly hadn't noticed anything pretty...robo-racisty yet! "I've actually rubbed elbows with lots of robots and they all get to do their own robo-thing. No one's ever like...'mr. robot go back to opening the jars'!" She affected a grumbly little voice to imitate a random angry man. She even scrunched her eye as if she were a pirate! "I love video games! I'd probably play it too! There's a really cool arcade here in the city, you should try it sometime."

Rather than going to the inn, it seems Metal would actually prefer to find somewhere to get his fuel! It made sense, getting fuel was good, but... Kyoko paused mid-step, turning to look at the robot with a lost look upon her face. "E-tank...? Does...the 'E' stand for energy? W...whales...war...Wily, maybe?" Well...shit! She'd never heard of either of these! When she imagined tanks, she imagined actual tanks! Like in the armies! The teen turned to look at the bright lights looming ahead. Were there robot stores? She never noticed any of these...tanks in the grocery store. "Hm..." Think, think! An idea light up her eyes and the magical girl thrust her fist into her palm. "I got it! I bet the Sanctuary will have it, that thing has all sorts of food and stuff in it! Anything you can think of! So I bet it'll have your E-Tank or W-Tanks!" With renewed vigor, she continued her walk!
    Metal Man
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Metal Man on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:43 am

He busted out laughing hysterically, his ears flailing wildly. That was the most hilarious pun he'd heard in a while. He could feel tears of alcohol lubricant welling up in his optics from the laughter. "Ohhh, that was a good one. That was a good one. 'Cause he did have to stitch a little bit of ceramic titanium mesh here and there." Ah yes, his bodysuit was even made of ceramic titanium. That stuff was everywhere on him for the most part. Except his synth-hair--acrylic in metallic hues--and his optics, made of aluminosilicate glass. Hell, even his synthetic skin was ceramic titanium! He then gave a small chuckle. "Life is weird. That's the one truth." As for whether he'd get used to it? Nah. Nah. He'd probably never get used to it.

He closed his optics, giving a wry laugh. She was right about that. Humans didn't know, and robots didn't know. Well who in the blue hell knew what they wanted. Not even aliens or alien robots knew. However, he did chuckle with a bright look sparkling. It seemed that like Heat Man and Enker, her little sister was super cute. Mind you, Enker was lucky. He was named after a form of Japanese music. No "Man" at the end of his name.

"So...kind of...literally we are more free than we would have been. No one shouting orders. No one...demanding we do what their lazy hide can do." His voice seemed wistful. "My creator would be happy to see that we're free." His ears then pricked up. An arcade? There was an honest-to-goodness arcade? "I bet it'll even have Dance Dance Revolution. Ain't no arcade worth its salt without DDR after all." His favorite game? You bet your sweet behind. Not that he knew the Rockman--the Mega Man--game series was a thing. Yet. Woe betide to him the first time someone ever shows him Mega Man 2 and proceeds to tell him that his is the best weapon in the game and that's why everyone tries to gun for him first. Everyone. Metal Blade was, after all, that overpowered.

"Mhm! E for Energy." Well, that of course made sense. They did need their energy and it was essentially compressed liquid energy. He then blinked. Sanctuary. That sounded nice. But sounds could be deceiving. "As for W-Tanks, the W stands for--" Here he paused, tapping his left index finger on the Metal Blade on his helmet. "Weapon." Kind of like what he was born to be, really. A walking weapon made to sling saws from the sky with sharp speed and amazing accuracy. "Might be a good place to start. Probably will even get some Apollos while I'm at it. I haven't had those in forever. Candy does not last around Skull Fortress without someone playing swipesies with someone's candy. Usually your good buddy, the prototype to the Wily line..." His hands were suddenly behind his back, digits knitting together.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:55 pm

Kyoko's joke was even funnier than she expected it'd be! Metal burst out laughing, ears wriggling about like antennae. Good thing the guy didn't have any organs or else he'd probably bust a gut! The teenager chuckled with him and grinned proudly, glad that her joke had landed. It was even more appropriate than she expected, apparently! "Oh yeah?" She had no idea what ceramic titanium mesh was, but it sounded easy to figure out. Ceramic spoke for itself, as did titanium. "So...does that mean you can actually get cuts and stuff?" The most she'd done to Scaramouche had been perhaps a dent or two, along with a gullet full of gravel! Robots always seemed much hardier than humans were. "The truthiest truth!"

"Mhm. That sounds about right! Like, I'm sure there's some moron out there who'd be a jerk, but the majority of people don't seem to look at others differently for being robots. I even know a robot guy who's dating an organic lady! And nobody's upset about it." More than anything, the robots seemed to have a choice. No owners, no one making demands! "From what I've heard from you, I'd say you're right. I bet he'd be happy." The guy did start a revolution for robot rights after all! The girl perked up, practically bouncing on her toes. "Oh oh oh! Oh!!! I love DDR! It totally does have it, it's great!" Maybe she ought to challenge this robot to a dance battle sometime!

'E' was for 'energy', that spoke for itself! Her guesses for 'w-tanks' wasn't on the right track, however. Kyoko paused when he did, staring back at him curiously as Metal did a bit of pondering. "Weapon tank?" But tanks were weapon! How strange... "So...does the W-tank power up your...weapons?" Sounded about right. So why would he need it? Self-defense, maybe? "It's better than nothing, right?" It was somewhere to start! The magical girl began to march on the sidewalk, the bottoms of her sneakers scuffing against the concrete. "I like Apollos! I bet that place'll have some for ya." So good! She laughed a little at the thought of robots stealing candy from each other. "That's the downside of having lots of brothers, you gotta share a lot! I only had the one sister, but I know I had to share a lot of stuff with her." Especially when they didn't have enough for just one person.
    Metal Man
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Metal Man on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:45 pm

His laugh seemed almost too young for a bot who, by height, seemed older than his frame's age of fifteen years or his artificial intelligence's age of seventeen years. But yes, he was, deep down, a teenager; Dr. Wily had almost considered not making him a war machine at one point, and instead making him a teenage lab assistant, but then the Light Numbers had failed him. He then gave an awkward cant of his ears. Could he get cuts? Yes, he could. In fact, his armor was probably thin enough for it. "...no use lying about it. Parts of me can." Okay, it wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the full truth either. He was quite prone to cuts. Just sling one of his Metal Blades back at him and watch him be shish-kebabed! "The truthiest truth beyond truth!" Truth, and more truth. Ah, life was weird. And yet, strangely wonderful.

He blinked. "That would have never flown back home--robots dating organics I mean. But it's cool to know that at least he gets to be happy!" He didn't know he would be meeting the robot gent in question. However, when he heard about DDR definitely being in the arcades, his ears seemed to wiggle cheerfully. The metal dancer himself just couldn't wait. "Oooh, we are definitely going to have to go at it then. At DDR I mean. I warn you, I'm the best Doctor Wily Number at DDR." Okay, second-best, but since Top Man wasn't here, he was totally now the "top man". Take that, Top Man--he may have been able to cut a rug and make it bleed, but now Metal Man was the rug-cutting dance master.

He nodded solemnly. "Restores our energy to use 'em too. I...used to run low on the energy a lot." Just how many saws had the Crimson Sawblader slung in his life? More than his fair share, for sure. "A good place to start is always better than nothing." His own ceramic titanium feet seemed to clink melodically on the sidewalk "Plenty of Apollos, and no brothers to steal them from me. Especially not...urgh..." He didn't even want to think of Bass, actually. Why was it that his mind was often plagued with memories of Bass. "Oh, one of the many downsides. Alongside infighting, bully siblings, lack of privacy, having to have your room on the other end of the fortress because you snore..." That last one seemed quite specific. Metal did, after all, snore like the concerto of fifty thousand chainsaws when he slept.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:06 am