Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Re: Cutting to the Chase

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:33 am

Boy, his ears really were flexible, huh? Kinda reminded her of a rabbit or a cat. Kyoko cocked her head at him curiously. So he considered lying, huh? Pretty smart, since it's a pretty weird thing to ask. If she were a bad person, she could exploit this knowledge. Lucky for Metal, she was...morally gray! "Probably basic stuff like the face and stuff, huh?" The majority of him seemed to be all metal and armored! Obviously, the cloak made it hard for her to know for sure. His face sure did seem oddly human-y around the 'eyes' though. And hey, it wasn't like the teen herself was somehow exempt from injuries! She could just use magical powers to heal up.

"Eh, I figured." The teenager shrugged lightly. "People get weird about that stuff. I don't care as long as people aren't like...being smacked around!" If there was no abuse like that, what business was it of Kyoko's who was and wasn't in a relationship? Nor what the people in the relationship were? Who cared if one was a robot, who cared of both were the same gender or something? Not her! "So yeah, you won't be stopped from doing stuff just because you're a robot!" A nice thought! "Heh! Prepare yourself for a damn good DDR battle! You name the time, we'll do it!" Mano y mano! Who had the fastest feet? Would her magic win over machinery? Find out on the next episode of Dance Dance Fight!

"Hm." Her brows furrowed, confused by this concept. Metal already had weaponry. These 'W-tank's restore power for weapon use? Why not make him able to use it without using energy? Eh...but it wasn't like Kyoko was a roboticist. Was that a word? Whatever that was. She wasn't 'it'. "I guess that makes sense." Maybe it was kinda like how she needed Grief Seeds and all. Better than nothing indeed! She seemed to smile a bit more at the robot's optimism. And then snorted at his sibling issues. "You make me glad I only had one sister!" She flashed him a grin before she suddenly ducked into a nearby alley.

"Shortcut!" It was quite filthy, with a smelly dumpster pressed against a wall. Stains dotted the concrete as Kyoko stepped around them like an expert. A couple of cockroaches skittered into the dark crevices of the wall as she led the way through the alley's path. The view on the other side of the alley would be a welcome sight. Sleek metal and tall skyscrapers, bright lights and cars of many builds that zoomed by on the road! The sidewalks were a lot cleaner than the seedy outer district paths. The teen pressed up on her tiptoes to find landmarks. Eventually, she picked a direction. "This way to the Sanctuary!"
    Metal Man
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Metal Man on Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:16 am

He gave a small smile under the mask. "Well yeah, basic stuff like that." His right ear seemed to give the faintest of twitches. His upper arms between the gauntlets and the pauldrons were also quite prone to being sliced and diced, as were his thighs, lower back, sides, and hell, even the torso chassis was a veritable weak point that a well-placed Metal Blade--like that time Bass busted one in his back--could skewer. Surely swords, spears, and the like would penetrate too. Thank goodness for that brown ceramic titanium mesh cloak he was wearing to cover up just how scrawny he really was.

He rubbed his head slightly, thoughtful. "I mean, not that I'm a dating type. Too fickle for that." He chuckled. "But it's nice to see that robots can feel how they really feel and not have to be afraid that they can't feel those things." A younger, more arrogant Metal might have even been so bold as to ask for a kiss, but he wasn't really all that arrogant. All he'd want is a fistbump from a friend--if he had one. Maybe one day he and Kyoko would be friends? That itself made him give the faintest of smiles once more under his mask. "Any time you're free and I'm free, I'll totally name it and we are going to cut a rug and make it bleed!" HAH, take that, Top Man, he even stole your catchphrase, you bloody spinning copycat wannabe dancer who had to trip Metal at DDR quite literally. That was really the only reason Top Man had been on top.

"It's a confusing concept but...um...uh...I guess it's sort of like if you have a limited amount of energy to do something." Now, he could have used spoon theory or 'battery theory' here, but he didn't feel it was right to co-opt from bots like the presumed late Proto Man who had legit power core issues. Yes, even robots could be chronically ill. But it wasn't his place to tell Proto Man's sad tale; that was for the Light Number prototype to tell, not the Wily Number prototype.

With deft movements, he would start darting closer. "Sweet! It'll be nice to get out of this alley." He prepared his leg pistons with quick toe-flexor flexes to engage the leg pistons in case he needed to take one of his infamously high leaps. He was, after all, a prodigiously-skilled jumper.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:15 am

Maybe she'd remember that in case they ever had a spar. Though Kyoko would have to remind herself that gravel was a hard 'no' on any future spars. It was just kinda...you know. Cheatsy. And rude! Metal admitted that he wasn't 'the dating type' and the young girl let out a little chuff of agreement. "I'm not the dating type either. Romance is weird, and it makes people act dumb anyway! Who wants to run around acting crazy over some stupid boy? Or...girl? Or whatever?" Love just wasn't in the cards for these two, and that was just fine by them! "Kinda makes sense too cause there's a whole bunch of weird junk here. Aliens, walking corpse people, big ole robots, talking animal people... If everyone got hung up over who was dating who, they'd just get a headache." Not to mention that it was a terrible use of one's time.

"Hm..." The teen hummed in thought, the tip of her boot kicking a bit of garbage off of the sidewalk. "My schedule's kinda crazy. Let's just say I was in the Outer District for a reason, if you're picking up what I'm throwin' down. And it's a reason that usually takes up a good chunk of my time. But when I'm not dealing with that stuff, I've got free time for video games, and food, and having fun! So whenever's a good time for you, I can work around it." No doubt, the robot would need a bit of time to adjust to this place. Get himself a stable place to live, deal with the fact that his brothers were gone. All that fun stuff! "You name it, and we can paint the arcade red!"

"Okay, that actually helps." Yep. Definitely a situation like the Grief Seeds, not that Metal really needed a lesson on magical girl magic mojo right now. Just as he needed 'W-tanks' to fuel his weaponry, she needed Grief Seeds to help her magic powers! Together, the two darted down the alley like a couple of rapscallions. Kyoko had no pistons to engage, but she bounced on her boots all the same! The two found a ratty chainlink fence that stretched from wall to wall blocking their final path. "You snooze, you lose!" She teased with an eager chuckle. The magical girl charged at the fence, and the toes of her shoes using the chain links as if they were steps on the stairs!

CHNG CHNG CHNG!

The metal rattled loudly with every move she made. As soon as Kyoko reached the top, she kicked off and landed with a kneel on the other side of the fence. "Whoo!" She turned back to see how Metal would clear the fence, hair flowing over her shoulder as the teen grinned widely. Before them lay the city proper, and a sign nearby would identify the street they were staring at as being 'Main Street'.
    Metal Man
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Metal Man on Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:06 am

The truth was that he didn't even know the first thing about the social obligations of dating anyway. Mind you, he did have feelings for a dead robot anyway and he wasn't sure if that was romantic or idolization as his fellow prototype, or maybe even admiration for someone who had musical talents. Or maybe he just wished that in another life, those two could have been best friends, but no use crying over spilled chocolate, so to speak. "I know right? Besides, it's too many rules and obligations and...who the hell can figure out what dating is anyway?" Again, not Metal, really. Even with some serious help for the poor boy's social skills, dating was forever a mystery. "I know right? I mean...wow, it's cool that there's so much diversity though!" After all, giant robots?! Could it get more Japanese than that? Considering some of his favorite shonen anime had been the giant robot ones...

He mused. "Gotcha. Work before pleasure." Boy howdy did he ever know that one. It was why he'd become so talented among the Doctor Wily Numbers as the one who was efficient at his work and had learned to find the little shortcuts that didn't impact the quality of his work. Not that he'd had much free time when Dr. Wily was always barking orders and demanding this or that. And ugh, he was always the one having to cut metal in the lab for the old man to build replacement upon replacement--er, brother after brother. "I'll figure out a schedule and work from there, really." He winked.

He smirked, watching her climb the fence. Well, she didn't have strong leg pistons or boosters in her feet, so this was going to be fun. He took a few steps back, calculating the momentum he would need. Then, quick as a flash with his prodigous pistons, he made an intense vertical leap, landing with one toe atop the fence before he leaped down with a light motion.

"Alright! I still got it!" Did he ever even lose it though? He was, after all, the best Robot Master when it came to jumps. Except maybe Shadow Man, but that was because the other was a ninja.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:07 am

Oh, the rules and obligations! Kyoko found herself nodding in eager agreement. "Yeah, yeah! Like, who needs to mess with all of that? Not me!" With a cocky smirk, she brushed off her own shoulders as if clearing off debris. The teenager was very proud that she didn't need to worry about such things. She'd be more than happy for others, but hey. She was just happy to know she wasn't gonna make herself do something stupid just because of feelings over someone. Something Sayaka should have learned. "I like it too! It's nice not to be the freakiest thing in the room even though I can kick tons of ass." It was left unspoken, but she was also happy to not have to worry about the secret identity thing. Sure, the majority of PB didn't get involved with the Witches, but there was also no need to keep anything magical girl related a secret. Magic was much easier for the people here to understand! Especially compared to Japan.

The best kind of job was one that had bits of pleasure in it. And kicking Witch ass brought her loads of pleasure! But it was totally different compared to playing video games or enjoying some tasty food. "Exactly!" This Metal robot was still kinda new, but it might be nice to have more friends. "Alright! Sounds good to me!" Kyoko offered the young robot two thumbs up at the wink. Whenever he was ready, she was too. If he was lucky, she'd probably be at the arcade anyway!

Watching Metal's leap, Kyoko let out a low whistle. He jumped upwards, very very high, and landed on the fence on just a toe! Without slipping once, he merely slid down from the fence like some sort of robotic feline. "Not bad! Not bad at all!" The teen rose up from her kneeling position with a grin that exposed her canines. "You've got some moves." Her attention turned towards the busy street. Automobiles drove past them, and artificial lighting bore down on the two. The skyscrapers in the distance were impressively tall. Kyoko waved a hand as she picked a sidewalk. "The Sanctuary's this way." Her sneakers plodded against the concrete, leading Metal past a looming hospital. She jerked a thumb towards it. "That's the hospital! I've never really been there, but I guess it does its job."
    Metal Man
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Metal Man on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:55 am

"Me either!" He seemed to have an almost prideful look in his eyes, but for a moment there would almost be a flicker of sadness. Maybe deep down he wanted to love or be loved; perhaps back home hadn't been so great? And maybe he didn't even really love himself right now? Who knew. "Which means I'd probably not stick out either. I mean, I'm just an everyday combat robot, right?" He had a chipper look in his eyes, but again, a faint sadness. Maybe he didn't want to be a combat robot? Who knew with the Wily models, huh?

He seemed to wiggle both ears in an almost excited gesture. Sometimes he didn't have the words, but his body did. Two thumbs also popped up, his ears wiggling with glee. Yes, those were definitely emotive and not just decorative to make him look taller and threatening. In fact, they were probably the downright cutest thing visible on him right now.

He winked his right optic, tilting his face slightly as though he were a certain ninja brother of his. "I've had fifteen years to perfect moves like that one, so naturally, of course I have moves~!" Yeah, his circuits may have said "you're seventeen in the head" but he knew his body was only fifteen years old. They were finally on the path to the Sanctuary though and he gazed to the looming hospital, as though memorizing it in case he needed to go there for anything. After all, he didn't have Dr. Wily around to fix him anymore, and some repairs weren't so easy, like replacing one of his ears--or replacing both arms should the need arise. Sure, he'd struggle to replace the left arm with the right but he'd make do as far as self-repair. "I bet they see all sorts of folks. I wonder what the Sanc is like if the hospital looks that awesome."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:53 am