Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Re: What Friends Are For

Post by Scaramouche on Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:26 pm

"Yep~! A pair of boots, a belt, and maaaaaybe a splashy new wallet. It honestly depends on how much use I can get outta your scaly hide, hon hon~! That, and if I have anythin' in my wardrobe to match your bright shade of green..." Not gonna lie, there wasn't much Scaramouche owned that would pair well with Kev's... hide color? Scale color? Whatever it was, it was just too, well, green! And those khaki stripes... Zebra print was hard enough to rock as it was, let alone some alien equivalent. At best, he could always turn Kev into a green-and-khaki area rug... That wouldn't be too terribly tacky, would it?

The android slipped out of his fashionista reverie and had himself a little laugh, "Hon~! Well shit, if you're pretty easy, then I'm scrapin' bottom of the barrel!" And yet others still managed to muck things up and trample all over their fee-fees like a rhinoceros in ballet slippers...

Seriously, why was that? It's not like Kev or himself - and even Knock Out! - were tough sales.

"Well! Not really a shithole, but... Okay, maybe a little bit. I guess we just had some shitbag people, you know?"

"Mm, say no more, baby, say no more," Scaramouche nodded, absolutely knowing where the alien was coming from. As the saying goes: it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch! "What~!? You're afraid of your boyfriend makin' fun of your lil' 'eekum bokum' ways~?" Say it wasn't so, Kev! The robot snickered behind a hand, his grin peeking from the sides, "Sad, sad, sad~! You've been westernized, baby. The noble savage in your scaly breast has been tamed! I'd normally weep for the loss of culture, but..." But it was Kev's, no offense. There was really nothing romantic about shitting through one's scales or hopping around a mating hut when the females came hollering. And you know it's bad when outsiders had to give those wall-eyed nimrods clothes. Did they even discover fire...? Amazingly, Scaramouche felt too afraid to ask; the likely truth might be too stressful on his poor processors! "Workin' with fabric is a noteworthy hobby, though~! And you'd kinda have to with all them sheep..." An endless supply of wool for an endless supply of scarves, wink wink.

...Uh-oh. Was it the robot's fictitious imagination, or was Kev slumping? Noooo, his poor savage fee-fees! It was the Nym topic, wasn't it!? "W-Well, I wouldn't, um, s-say you're necessarily a coward, h-hon hon~!" That'd honestly be Scaramouche, all things considered. Although his hands were occupied with food and drink, that didn't stop the android from comforting his friend with soothing thrums and a gentle warmth emanating from his core. "Nym's a great kid, baby. Don't be too hard on yourself," he urged softly. "I'm sure he loves ya very much, brain bits and all. I know I do~!" And that was a fact!

Aw, Kev was tired? If guilt could be physically worn, it covered Scaramouche like a coat.

"Babe, honestly!" He fretted like a mother hen and tried not to squawk. "If ya wanted to snooze another week or two, I wouldn't have minded at all! Hell, I wouldn't have expected ya to visit! You weren't obligated in any way, shape, or form to check on us - just as ya weren't obligated to handle my mess the other night. You do too much!" This was just a robot having robot problems. Eventually, it'll solve itself and the robot will go back to beep-boopin' like it normally does! At least, that's what Scaramouche told himself again and again...

Kev knew better, however. Same with Lunette. This problem wasn't going away. How could it, when the cause still existed? When Metal Man and Shen still existed? A tiny frown resurfaced and Scaramouche eyed the wall ahead. It was either they yield or him, and the android already knew what his programming demanded.

For the good of his friends, of his home, of Lunette... something had to give.

"But some people will never understand that and even though we can help some people...others will be beyond our help. We just have to learn to pick the good from the bad!"

He winced, "Y... You're right. Not everyone's worth a friendly smile. If I'm to keep the peace and ensure the happiness of those I care for, I gotta... adapt." Easier said than done, but Scaramouche had brute forced his programming before. Once, and after a great deal of inner turmoil had been pent up for ages. This time would hopefully be different. "You're honestly right about a lot of things," the robot muttered, "and I used to, y'know, be more cognizant of personality quirks. I guess I just... got comfortable and let my guard down. No one here's really treated like me like a... a..." Scaramouche's frown deepened. "...like a robot." In truth, it is what he was: a soulless, metal contraption fit to serve and obey. The vast majority of Earth thought little of his kind, even a good handful of space-faring races from beyond the stars, and that had never been questioned. Tch, even the supposed free robots didn't question! Meh... they were insufferable dunderheads, anyway.

A quiet befell the android as he lapsed into deep thought, Scaramouche tapping his heels against the wooden floorboards in a soft, rhythmic manner. Don't worry, Kev: he was listening. Listening, thinking, dissecting... There wasn't a single detail that flew over the robot's polished head.

So Metal Man had spoke of their night together, but it was vague... "I dunno why; what's the shame in tellin' ya what happened? I thought it was rather cute. Was it not important?"

So Metal Man accepted a spar but didn't think the particulars through, despite being aware of any underlying aggression... "But he's a combat model. Shouldn't he already know the limitations of his parameters? Why did he agree if he knew this would result in issues? Are you tellin' me Metal Man's a moron?"

So Metal Man was also rampant, yet exhibited different symptoms of a similar disease... "How is he not aware? Even I, with all the trauma I've endured, am painfully aware of the stages regardin' irrational behavior in an A.I. It's just somethin' we're conscious of. For example, I teeter between the rocky precipice of Stage 1 and Stage 2; does Metal Man not know where he, himself, lies? This seems largely neglectful, not to mention highly irresponsible, of his programmer."

So Metal Man apparently wanted to apologize... "Oh, that's kinda sweet of him~!"

...Wait, what!?

A shiver crawled down Scaramouche's spine as his internal temperature turned icy-cold. Oh no, confrontation...! The android's confidence seemingly evaporated in a puff of smoke. "Mrrrrrngngnhgh... b-but that means I gotta face him..." he whimpered. And that meant grappling with his rampancy. Again. Well, if things were to get better... The android openly sighed and glanced down at his friend sadly. "...Okay, fine. If this is what I gotta do, then I'm gonna do it. It's more logical to put this behind me and not devolve into a murderous rage whenever I lock optics with the guy, seein' how he's gonna exist whether I want him to or not. I just... hope he behaves himself. Because if it's anythin' like the other night, where he double-downed and pushed my buttons, I just might tear his head off... I'm sorry, babe, but I just don't do disrespect very well. I'll work on gettin' better about that, promise." For Kev and Lunette's sake, he will. But boy oh boy, wouldn't it feel just dandy ripping out Metal Man's core and eating it.

The sudden look on Scaramouche's face spoke volumes. "...S-So, uh, you said you're g-gonna be there, right~?"
    Kev
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Kev chuckled openly at Scaramouche's idea for Kryptonistanian fashion! Such a dark topic and yet he still found humor in it. Perhaps that was Fear's influence. Whatever the case, he snickered all the same. "I'd be honored to be put to such good use!" So long as the robot treated his Kevvy hide right! At hearing that the alien considered himself easy, Scaramouche deemed himself 'scraping the bottom of the barrel'. The scaly man peeked up at that square metal chin. "Sometimes the best stuff is stuck at the bottom!" In other words, the bottom of the barrel wasn't necessarily bad!

Heeding the robot's words, Kev 'said no more' and instead focused on Scaramouche's pondering on his alien culture! He huffed playfully. "He already makes fun of my 'eekum bokum' ways! Mud huts, cutting the heads off of chickens...if I started hanging up little feather bouquets around the house, he'd definitely make jokes about it. Probably ask if I'm intending on covering the walls in mud too." Not that he really minded the jokes all that much. It was kinda funny! But he also knew better than to invite those jokes by suddenly saying 'hey Fear I wanna savage this place up'. "I've been here for eight years and I'm the only one of my kind here. Becoming 'westernized' was bound to happen." He was still seated comfortably against his friend's metal chest, far from becoming offended by the assertion of his loss of culture. Kev made peace with that a long time ago. He did have a plan though! "Whenever Fear and I have an egg together, I'll try to pass on our culture to them. I won't let it die." Sure, with only two Kryptonistanians on the whole of the Breach, it would surely die anyway. But he liked the idea of teaching it to a developing child! "Mm! I do love me some fabrics~! And how lucky that the sheep wool is naturally dyed too!" Sure, it wasn't a complete rainbow, but Kev still felt darn lucky that he didn't have to dye a lot of wool!

"W-Well, I wouldn't, um, s-say you're necessarily a coward, h-hon hon~!"

That jazzy cat was far too kind for his own good. With both of their hands all caught up against each other in the strangest stockades arrangement ever, Scaramouche could only thrum! Kev trilled back as if answering him, nuzzling with the back of his skull as a relaxed sigh escaped him. That warmth really did hit just the right spot in his 'eekum bokum' instincts. "Thank you, Momo. I just feel bad for the way I handled that which is...I guess, not at all. I've been trying to be more proactive. He really is such a great kid..." He could hardly take all the credit for what a brave soul Nym had become! Zurg and Aya had each done their part as co-parents, and still did their part. Theirs was an odd family, but a family all the same!

All it took was admitting that he'd been exhausted yesterday and the slender robot began to fret! Kev chuckled fondly, wriggling his shoulders. "Aaw, it's okay! Really, I'm feeling much better now!" Truly, he was! Though perhaps the cuddling and great soup were a big part of that. Trills rumbled out of the alien, and he bumped his temple against Scaramouche's chin lightly. "I'm not obligated too, of course. Just as you're not obligated to make me soup and bundle me in your sweater. But you wanted to! It felt right! And that's how it feels for me too! It feels right to check up on you and Lunette, to make sure you're both alright and lift your spirits if I can! And it felt right to step in and help you guys handle Metal. What would be the alternative?" Again, he peered up at his friend even though he could only see little chin bolts from here. "I just try to do what I can!"

Besides, it'd have been pretty crummy of him to just sit back while everything went to pot! Metal Man and Scaramouche both spiraling in their own ways, leaving Lunette to try and help her boyfriend while also separating the two? With as bullheaded as robots could get when faced with something stressful? The Anitra could certainly handle herself in a fight but leaving everything up to her would have been extremely stressful. Metal showed no signs of removing himself from the situation. Someone had to step in and push him outside, why not Kev?

He could almost hear Scaramouche's friendly bubble being popped. It wasn't a pleasant 'sound', nor feeling. Kev's brows furrowed, wishing he could just wrap his arms around the robot. If only the world could allow him to offer everyone a friendly smile! But...the world was complex. Sometimes people weren't worth it. Sometimes people could be downright awful. Sometimes people like Scaramouche wound up hurt, and at least he was learning this lesson now rather than five years down the road. And lo...the crux of this matter. The way Shen and Metal treated the tall robot brought back...unpleasant memories. The hand that had been absorbing his soda retreated from the cup and smoothly slid down the robot's sleeve. Once he had it back inside of the main sweater cove, the alien laid his palm against Scaramouche's metal torso and gave it a soothing pat. "I'm glad we made you feel comfortable enough to let your guard down with us. And remember that we want you to be happy too! Adapting is...rough. Kinda rocky. I can't pretend that you'll never have your feelings hurt... I really, really wish I could promise that. I don't like seeing you or Lunette hurt. I don't really like seeing anyone get hurt... But you're a smart guy. A great guy. I know you can do it." Sure would be nice if there was a manual for this sort of thing.

"It sounds cute to me!" A threeway robotic cuddle pile? With breakfast in the morning? It was as adorable as a group of puppies! "Maybe he was a little embarrassed...or he felt like it was private? He only really knows me as 'that one guy who hates the past me' after all. Even if I gave him some good advice and help, there's still... a wall there." Kev wanted to help, and he gave a listening ear. But he couldn't call Metal a friend yet. He'd need time. As for the robot himself, it was true that things weren't quite adding up. The scaly man could only shrug. "He wasn't even sure how to express gratitude. I think he's...inexperienced. A little dim, perhaps. And I think his creator might have...pushed him to ignore those parameters. I can't say for sure but...it didn't seem like Metal understood that he didn't have to fight if he didn't want to. Now that I've talked with him, he's decided not to take part in any more spars until he's more in control of himself. And I might be a bit biased, but I think Dr. Wily was a moron so... He likely didn't program them well at all. It'd certainly explain things..." Such as why Flash Man liked to eat panties.

"Oh, that's kinda sweet of him~! Mrrrrrngngnhgh... b-but that means I gotta face him..."

Kkrr, krrr, krrr! His soup over halfway consumed by this point, Kev lightly cleaned his fingers by wiping them against the brim of the bowl. Like his other arm, it snaked out of the sleeve so he could wrap around the robot in a comforting hug. "Don't worry. If he doubles-down again, I'll scold him! And I think it makes sense to be put off by disrespectful behavior. It's rude!" He rubbed his hands up and down Scaramouche's back gently. "All you have to do is listen. Enjoy a cup of coffee. Whether you forgive him and whether he's done enough is up to you. And only you. I can help, but I won't make you forgive him if you don't want to. I just want to see you feel better! And hopefully, this will help..." The alien glanced off to the side, a bit worried. Closure could do wonders, but there was no telling how this would go. He'd just have to have hope that Metal was working hard! That Scaramouche would be alright! And as for that last question? Kev glanced up at his face, taking in the worry and fear there. A hand raised to cup his chin gently.

"I'll be there the whole time. I promise. My only request when I talked to Metal was that I be there too, and he agreed." After seeing how things had devolved horrendously... Yeah, no. He was absolutely not going to let this happen without being there as a mediator!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 15

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:43 pm

"To be fair, Kev, hangin' up decorated feathers is miles better than cuttin' off chicken heads and throwin' mud at the walls, hon hon~!" Translation: the alien should at least try and see how his spooky boyfriend reacts. Who knows? Kev might even be pleasantly surprised! "Besides, there's no place like havin' a lil' bit of home with ya, y'know?" Or so organics say, anyway... Scaramouche had his flute, his clothes, and now - thanks to Lunette - his old scrapbook. With all that and the memories, that was plenty enough for him.

"Whenever Fear and I have an egg together, I'll try to pass on our culture to them. I won't let it die."

Ugh, that was unbearably cute. Kinda strange, but it's not like Scaramouche could objectively protest (those kittens won't make themselves with only Lunette and synthetic lubricant)! "I think that's a noble goal," the android nodded happily, giving his friend a fond squeeze as best he could. Kinda hard showing affection with occupied hands - even ones as large as these! "It'd be a shame for your kiddos to lose their ancestry, especially the language and art, so I'm glad you're gonna carry on the torch! I think that's fascinatin', how you organics, like, got all that neat stuff to pass on. With me, I got zippo!" He didn't exactly have a pedigree or family heirlooms to share, but maaaaybe the android could teach his hopeful children-to-be... French? Possibly 'family' stories of his original owner, his wife, and Scaramouche's rambunctious batch-mates? Eh, too soon to really consider all of that now, but it was a thought.

The alien was soon privy to a gentle kiss pressed against the back of his head. Mwah~! "You're welcome~!" Scaramouche was practically all teeth and positive vibes. "I'm sure Nym's fine, baby. If he harbored any ill will, you would've known about it by now! With the way he flops onto ya and rumbles for pets, I'd say the kid couldn't give two whole digi-shits about Daemeon. But, uh... try not to make a habit outta blowin' up people's heads in front of him, 'kay~?" And yes, good. Kev was feeling better. Mission accomplished! But not quite, for there was nuzzling to be had; and, unlike a certain Nargacuga, it would not be their last. Scaramouche fought a tiny snicker and lost, "I'm kinda obligated to, but y'know how it is, babe. Robot stuff. But you're right, I do want to take good care of ya while you're here. I love ya very much, Kev, despite how often we scream at each other's asses! If I didn't, I guess I'd tell Boon to piss in your soup before feedin' it to ya!" He was joking! The robot probably wouldn't do that (probably), but he'd certainly be tempted.

"It feels right to check up on you and Lunette, to make sure you're both alright and lift your spirits if I can! And it felt right to step in and help you guys handle Metal. What would be the alternative?"

"Hon~!" The alien earned another tender kiss on his scaly dome. "Why, to kill him, of course~!" And this time Scaramouche was not joking, despite wearing his characteristic bright grin. Don't get the android twisted: he was grateful that Kev stepped in - extremely so - but that Wily Bot had messed with the wroooong alley cat. After all, a combat model was designed for just that; you typically got what you read on the tin, no questions asked. But a 'bot like Scaramouche who's been broken more times than he could count, beaten and abused by those he was ordained to care for, and his original function warped into a sick, disgusting mockery? Yeah, nah. Scaramouche had tasted the ambrosia that was blood, synthetic or otherwise, and he didn't have qualms about spilling it. Like he used to jokingly tell his cornered marks before sending 'em to the Big Guy Upstairs or Down: service with a smile~!

But Kev... Kev was a good guy. A real good guy - great, even - and he was literal proof that not all folks were rotten. And, to Metal Man's credit, the other robot wasn't a bad egg. Just... a stupid one. A really, really stupid one that angered Scaramouche beyond logical reason. Same with Shen. It of course wasn't very reasonable to remove their heads from their bodies, so...

Scaramouche wore a frown, a different one than before, and gently rested his metal head atop Kev's. The alien shall find it surprisingly light for such a big, clunky thing! "I don't like seein' you and Lu get hurt either..." he confessed quietly. Poor, poor mi vefo... The way she froze, fear apparent in her beautiful blue eyes... His optics fell to the table, ashamed. "...Nobody needed to see that," the robot continued, "least of all Lunette and you, Kev. I wanna be a great guy. I so desperately wanna be a great guy! A great friend! A great lover! A great father! ...But, I just..." He just had anger. Lots of anger, and for the longest time Scaramouche thought he had a handle on it; that he was the master of his own problems and shortcomings. Well, nearly two years of enjoying the good life and largely free of negative stressors later, here it was, rearing its ugly head and reminding the android that he really hadn't come very far at all. Such were the woes of dormant rampancy and operating with denial.

The first step was for Scaramouche to admit he was rampant - not just to others, but to himself.

The second was to understand that this wasn't Earth, that he wasn't a master assassin anymore, and that he couldn't just murder the problem away. How would Kev react? How would Lunette? How would his hopeful future children?

"...It was... It was cute, yeah," he nodded weakly, finding his voice. A low, mechanical whine coursed through the robot's aluminum frame as Scaramouche, his hands now free, wrapped both arms around the alien nestled against him. The same hands that had once slit the throats of dozens now comforted his friend with gentle, soothing caresses. This felt... better. "If he's inexperienced and poorly programmed like you say, then I can't really... fault him." Or, rather, Scaramouche shouldn't fault the smaller robot. Actions were another matter entirely, but it would be vastly hypocritical of him to damn another machine for struggling with similar problems he, himself, once had. Continues to have. The android quirked his lips into a half-grimace as he processed this new, difficult route of information, the internal arguments heated. "I... I should not be so quick to judge, yes. Though I don't like how he treated me, what really irks me is not bein' able to understand why. If I can learn that, I'll be... happy." And wiser, but this all depended on how Metal Man orchestrated his apology. Would it be sincere? Would it fall flat? No one knew until the meeting actually transpired.

Dr. Wily...

A name without a face, and a face without any context. Scaramouche filed it for later, though. Could be important, could be negligible.

"All you have to do is listen. Enjoy a cup of coffee. Whether you forgive him and whether he's done enough is up to you. And only you. I can help, but I won't make you forgive him if you don't want to. I just want to see you feel better! And hopefully, this will help...

I'll be there the whole time. I promise. My only request when I talked to Metal was that I be there too, and he agreed."

Like clockwork, Kev's contagious affection and infinite love was like a healing balm on the old robot's wounds. So much, in fact, that Scaramouche couldn't resist leaning into his friend's hand as he held the alien close. Like a child with a favorite stuffed teddy bear, or a parent with a newborn babe. "O... Okay..." he finally nodded. His metal lips tugged upward into a petite smile against Kev's palm. "I'll hear him out and try to maintain the peace as best I can. If it gets too bad, I'll... I'll get up and politely excuse myself. No bloodshed, no stereotypical rampagin' machine. Hon~! Let's keep that to the movies, hm?" So long as Kev was there, things shouldn't get too bad... A cup of coffee, a warm atmosphere, a shoulder to lean on... If Kev could go out of his way to set all of this up, Scaramouche could stomach his jittery circuits and hear the other robot out. He just had to avoid getting so damn angry.

"Mm..." With a quiet sigh, the robot kissed his friend's hand and straightened out his posture, giving Kev a fond series of pats against the alien's back. "Maybe I'll... develop a few exercises," he muttered. "Y'know, to prep myself before leapin' into this ordeal with pants down and guns a-'blazin'. How soon were ya thinkin' to pull this off? Certainly not sometime this week, I hope~!" Because that would noooot be fun.

At all.
    Kev
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:10 pm

"Hm..." Kev hummed softly, more than a little interested in the idea. Maybe Fear would like it? ...Maybe he could start it off by making him one? He wriggled in place, curling up snugly as he seemed to approve of the idea. "Mm~! When you're right, you're right!" And even if he did still poke a little fun, it wasn't like the alien couldn't handle it! It never came from a malicious place, after all. As for future children, his friend thought the idea was noble! The squeeze elicited a fond squint from the scaly man. "Thank you, it is pretty neat! And if it helps, Scaramouche? I think it's basically about the stuff you'd wanna teach 'em. Whether it's advice based on your experience, or hobbies and skills you wanna teach them! Imagine baking cupcakes with little kittens, or teaching them to toot a fluter!" Knowledge he could pass on like a champ! Maybe it wasn't a language or a specific art that he constructed in a mud hut, but it was still something to pass on and share.

Mwah!

Nothing clears away daddy confidence issues like comforting words and a soft kiss on the skull. Warm and cuddly in Scaramouche's sweater, the alien's cheeks blushed at the compliments. "I can't argue with that... If he truly looked down on me or judged me for what happened, he wouldn't want cuddles and kisses!" Despite how much taller Nym tended to be than himself, Kev was never tired of just wrapping as much of his arms around the digimon as he could and nuzzling him! "Heh, not-nobody gave two shits about that useless moron. For the best. But...yeah, I'm making sure I don't make that a habit! He's the only one I've blown up like that." Not the only time he'd ever murdered somebody, but certainly the first that one couldn't argue was 'self-defense'.

"I'm kinda obligated to, but y'know how it is, babe. Robot stuff."

...WHOOPS. Good job, Kev. He chuckled sheepishly as he rubbed his temple against that chin again. At least Scaramouche wasn't offended! Considering what had happened, he ought to take care not to just step on the robot issue like that. "Sorry, you're right. You're obligated to a lot more than I am but, I appreciate it every time! Every kiss, cuddle, soup, and drink... You're always looking out for me, even when we do scream at our own assess~. You're a jerkface, but you're my jerkface older brother." The idea of Boon just pissing into a pot of soup made the alien snort. "Eeeew! That'd be so gross!" Did Boon piss taste like normal piss? ...Then again, he didn't know what piss tasted like, did he? Best not to find out!

"Hon~! Why, to kill him, of course~!"

Another mwah! on the scales managed to distract him for a moment, the alien's eyes closing in a pleasant manner before he realized what the other said. It stunned him, but he recovered pretty fast. Dating a genocidal ghoul would do that for ya! "E-ehehe...I know Curiosity certainly wanted to eat him, so he'd agree." Kev gave him a squeeze, leaning his head against Scaramouche's chin. In some sense, it'd be easier to let either Scaramouche or Curi just murder Metal. The robot's re-appearance had been immensely troubling for himself and his yellow daughter. For a moment, perhaps it might even feel good! But it'd be shortlived. Metal would come back, no doubt throw out any attempts to better himself due to being murdered, and double down instead and thus the situation would get worse and worse. This was far better. Harder, yes. Definitely harder. In the long run though? This was truly the better option.

Scaramouche's metal chin fit snugly atop Kev's dome, the alien letting out a louder krrr! at the contact. So light too! Still boxy and pointy, but not uncomfortable. The cuddly moment was nice, though the robot seemed ashamed. His hands returned to rubbing in their familiar pattern, palms tracing circles in the metal plating. "Nobody's perfect, Scaramouche. Everybody slips up! You can still be all of those things. I still think you're a great person, friend! And I know you're a good lover for Lulu and that you'll be a great father." He gave a small squeeze, pecking that chin despite having no mouth. More of a head bump than anything! "I...actually did something like that, once. I was having a bad time and...I just lost it. I had a breakdown of some kind, burned down a section of the Sanctuary, and just...yelled at everyone who was there. I didn't pull a knife out on anyone but... I felt very ashamed afterward. Embarrassed too. It's an awful feeling, to have your issues laid bare like that for others to see." The robot earned a sympathetic squeeze. "I still love you, Scaramouche. Even after seeing that. And I know Lunette does too." He was stuck with these people, that poor bastard~!

"I... I should not be so quick to judge, yes. Though I don't like how he treated me, what really irks me is not bein' able to understand why. If I can learn that, I'll be... happy."

With both of their hands now free, Scaramouche returned the affectionate cuddling by wrapping his lanky arms around Kev. Any hint of tension was quickly kneaded out as if he were a lump of dough! The robot was a bit quiet as he seemed to try and understand Metal. A hard task indeed. The alien rumbled as he settled against his friend's arms. "I'd want to know the same thing if I was you! Especially when it seemed like you hit it off so nicely with them. It just seems so...sudden and bizarre." Even after the night he'd spent with the crimson robot, Kev didn't entirely understand what had happened. Maybe it was because he wasn't a robot, or because he hadn't been there to see what happened with his own eyes, but even Scaramouche was confused and he was both! "If you wanted to ask him 'why' to try and understand... I don't think that'd be too much to ask." It was part of how apologies worked! A nice, simple, open communication. That was what was needed. Hopefully, it would help.

Kev's heart went out to his friend. Comfy as it was to be held close, the way the robot leaned his head into the alien's palm made it clear just how uncomfortable he was with the idea. Scaramouche was afraid and for understandable reasons. Being rampant, he had these moments where he just couldn't control himself! The anger took over like a tornado, and the jazzy android was left to clean up the mess after. Meeting up with Metal Man was risky. Very risky. He tucked as close as he could, thumb rubbing his friend's face gently. "Thank you. If it goes south, you can absolutely excuse yourself! I'll help you if I need to, even if all you'll need me to do is hug you. You're better than any movie anyway!" He gave a little wink, chuckling softly.

Krrr! He made a soft noise at the peck on his hand. His body shifted a little, moving to settle in response to Scaramouche's change in position. Kev's back arched into the pats, his own hands stilling against Scaramouche's into a snug hug. "I think that'd be a good idea! Exercises to help you let loose your feelings in a controlled way." As for when... He sighed softly. "I'm...not sure. It's up to Metal. I don't think it'll be sometime this week! He has to get 'ready' for the apology, which is vague to say but I promise it'll make sense! When he's ready, he's gonna let me know and I'll let you know. I think you'll have at least a week to prepare yourself. There's no rush!" His face turned, doing his best to look the robot in the face despite their positioning. "How are you feeling?" Certainly better, but he wanted to make sure.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:16 pm

...Huh! Teach 'em stuff you wanna teach, like advice or art or tootin' on a - "Flute." Scaramouche corrected his friend without hesitation, looking Kev square in those bulbous eyes. "It's called a flute, baby. Why ya gotta do me dirty like that? Why...?" Fluter, puh! If these hands weren't so damn occupied loving on the alien and keeping him warm, the android would've found them mysteriously around Kev's scaly neck. Gonna strangle you like a Thanksgiving turkey, buck-o! But in spirit, because your boyfriend was mucho spooko.

"I can't argue with that... If he truly looked down on me or judged me for what happened, he wouldn't want cuddles and kisses!"

"Exactly~! See, I think you're worryin' for nothin', babe." Like the robot had said, if Nym wanted to judge Kev for his misdeeds and tread on higher ground, the Digimon would've already done so. Therefore, this was a moot concern! But, much like Scaramouche himself, Kev was a major Frettin' Fred. Why, they'd even worry their heads clean off their shoulders if they weren't so snugly attached! "And, I mean... it was Daemeon," the android reiterated. "Sure, killing's wrong~! But is it necessarily bad if you're ultimately doin' the world a favor?" It was tough noogies for Nym to see Daddy Dearest slay the resident idiot, but them's the breaks! Besides, life was gonna end up doing the same thing anyway, so why not beat it to the punch? "And it's because you appreciate me that I keep showerin' you with endless affection and love, hon hon~!" Scaramouche laughed. If Kev were, god forbid, a real asshole who walked all over the robot's fee-fees and took his generosity for granted (like Shen), then the alien would've been in for a bad, baaaad time. He'd also be most likely dead.

Somehow, Kev was actually shocked that Scaramouche had said what he did - and rather cheerfully, at that! A metal finger poked the alien's noggin repeatedly. "Say it with me, babe: a-ssass-in." AKA: contract killer! It's like people forget that lil' detail about the robot... Was it the affable honking, or the dorky mannerisms?

"Nobody's perfect, Scaramouche. Everybody slips up! You can still be all of those things. I still think you're a great person, friend! And I know you're a good lover for Lulu and that you'll be a great father."

Apparently! But this is one of those times where the android wouldn't point out the contrary. A good lover... A great father... A person, great or not... Yes, these sounded much more satisfying than someone's toothy-faced goon. Maybe not as glamorous, but nothing in this life was for free. Kev soon found himself nestled into the android's sweater as deeply as the latter could possibly allow, shielding his very ugly duckling from the rest of the world and its woes. "Mm~!" The grin spreading across Scaramouche's face said it all. "You, Kev-Mak-Tarr, tried to burn down the Sanctuary~? The building that lasts the test of time? The building that's seen it all? The building that refreshes for all eternity? Oh say it isn't so, baby!" Hah, what a dummy! Trying to demolish a building that repairs itself over night was like an old man yelling at clouds! 'A' for effort, though. 'F' for practicality.

Teasing aside, Scaramouche didn't let up on the kisses, peppering every patch of scales on the alien's emerald face. Damn this man for having no lips! "You're both too good to me." It made this dumpy old robot grateful every day to have such wonderful companions, poor bastard or not!

But, yes... Metal Man. And the illogical fallacies that seemed to follow him.

Scaramouche desperately wished he could crinkle his nose. Damn this unfeeling piece of hard metal attached to his warm, sometimes pliable and questionably-animated face! He instead settled for a petite grimace and tried not to let it worsen. "He doesn't make any sense, babu!" the android huffed, clicking his tongue in disapproval of the other robot's wishy-washy emotions. "One day he's warm, the next he's cold! It's not like me, y'know? I'm usually always warm; my cold acts are just that - buffoonery~! If I get irate or hostile, it's 'cause ya deserve it." And that was the absolute, honest-to-Aku truth.

An answer would be ideal, though. Or, hell, anything that offered closure. Something other than this sorry mess, because Scaramouche wasn't feeling it. How could a robot act this way...? Why would a robot act this way? Was it really due to a few crossed wires or was Metal Man just, well, a 450lb. robo-idiot? The jury was unfortunately out until the Wily Boy's apologetic debut, leaving Scaramouche and Kev to roll around in the grass and wallow in their collective bewilderment. An enjoyable pastime under better circumstances. The android drew an 'X' over his PSU, "I won't stick around if things go south, promise. Cross my circuits, hope to fry. As soon as I get any whiff of trouble, I'm Audi 5000!" And a week should be plenty enough time to prepare his mental fortifications and steel himself. You know, assuming nothing else happened before now and then - like, say, receiving a shitty letter in the mail penned by a certain blond-haired coward...

"How are you feeling?"

Scaramouche winced playfully. "Whew, talk about a loaded question, baby. I'm feelin' much better, though, thanks! It's been a rough couple of days, boy, I tell ya h'wat." Between the encroaching cold, the darker nights, and the looming dread that was this entire shebang, the android hadn't been feeling like his old, bombastic self. He was just feeling old. And that's no fun! Hm, speaking of...

"...How wouldja like to see my girls and give 'em a few treats?" the robot asked, all smiles. "I already gave 'em breakfast, but they'd be happy to eat outta your hand if it means fattenin' up for the winter, hon~! They're real behaved, robot's honor. I even got a pair of gloves if you wanna play it safe!" None of the cuccos would nibble at Kev's fingers, though Anne-Marie was a cantankerous old bird. She also displayed a really bad fondness for meat, so Scaramouche didn't wanna take any chances. "It's up to you, though!" he added. "If you'd rather stay inside where it's warm and smells nice, I'm game. I just feel bad takin' so much time outta your day and hoggin' you all to myself, hon hon~!" And the android would, if given the chance, because Kev was just that irresistible - the stud muffin. He had the face of a toad and the voice of a wood chipper, but boy if his soul wasn't in the right place!
    Kev
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:35 pm

"Fluuuute? What is this strange word?" Kev drawled with a simpleton's voice, glancing up at his friend with fake confusion in his eyes. He kept up the act for a few more seconds before blowing his 'cover' by giggling. "Nyehehe...because you always react to it~!" The day that Scaramouche stops falling for the fluter, will be the day that the little alien stops using such a dumb word!

"Exactly~! See, I think you're worryin' for nothin', babe."

Kev glanced back down to their laps, sheepish. "Yeah..." He was a tried and true worrywart! Prone to mollycoddling and collywobbles! He gave his friend another squeeze. "I do worry over nothing... I guess I just want to be a good dad. I definitely feel more like a good dad nowadays." It helped that none of his children were like...going out on murder-sprees or robbing banks! Marvin helped dutifully around the house, Livewire was going to school like a real bambino, and Nym had gone out on a valiant dragon hunt adventure! It was all he could ask from his children. He was a proud scaley papa! Letting out a soft trill, Kev leaned his cheek into his friend with a soft laugh. "Well, I can't argue with that logic~! You've got me there." And what a gratifying little favor it was. Thank Portal X and every Portal Deity that the latest incarnation of Daemeon had vanished into the ether! And let him never return.

Shuffling about within that sweater, the alien turned so that he and his body were facing the robot. He pressed up close like the affectionate gecko he was, arms looped around Scaramouche loosely. "Mm~! So you mean, as long as I give you appreciation and affection, you'll keep giving me affection too? What an investment! I like it." He squinted pleasantly. Sounded like a nice tit for tat! You know what wasn't a nice tit for tat? Being poked on the head. "Myeeh...!" He wriggled and closed one eye. "Ass-ass-in?" The alien snorted softly. "I know, I know! I just don't think about it all that much. I kinda forget..." With such a disarmingly sweet demeanor, not to mention the dorky looks, how could he not?

Nestled up in Scaramouche's sweater, Kev was able to enjoy the soft fabric feeling! Not to mention such a cozy closeness! He leaned into his friend and played the part of the ugly duckling. "Peep peep peep!" Perhaps he played it a bit too well... "Yeeeah, not one of my best ideas, but I wasn't really thinking straight." Ol' Zurgy's "anger touch" was potent! He let his friend have his laughs, for it was far better than seeing him down in the dumps! The scaly man just enjoyed himself and rumbled like a happy gator with every peck-a-rooni! "Mm~!" He nuzzled in return, doing his best attempt at returning those affectionate little kisses! "I think we all just kinda bounce off of each other! You know? Like a bunch of friendly little ping pong balls~." And lo! The cycle of kindness lives forever!

"You are pretty warm!" Kev agreed with a sage nod, pressing closer to that warm robo-flesh. Aw yiss! Like a heated stone, he was! Chin hooking onto Scaramouche's shoulder, he glanced up at his grimacing friend. "As for him being cold, I don't think he necessarily meant to be. When he gets stuck in his...'loops', he seems to get indifferent. I don't know how it usually goes for robots like you guys, obviously, but... I guess it seems like when one gets stuck in a bad mood and becomes pinheaded?" Kev shrugged softly, then gave Scaramouche another friendly rub. "That's how I see it at least. But that's just me." The alien drew back lightly to watch his friend doodle an 'x' over himself. "Good! That's all I want, Scaramouche! Don't force yourself if it's too much." The scaly man threw his arms around his friend in another firm hug, trilling firmly like a motorcycle.

"Whew, talk about a loaded question, baby. I'm feelin' much better, though, thanks! It's been a rough couple of days, boy, I tell ya h'wat."

Good point. Loaded as it was, at least the robot had an answer for him! His friend was feeling much better! Kev's temple brushed up against Scaramouche's chin repeatedly. "Ehehe, yeah... Still! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!" Shame about the past couple of days, though. The scaly man was about to start rattling off some suggestions to make the day better, when his friend beat him to the punch! He drew back with an excited gasp. "The giiiirls? Are you talking about the cuccos you got from Aicara?!" Oh boy, oh boy! The alien practically vibrated. Staying inside to keep warm was nice, but he wanted to meet these feathery dames! "I'd love to meet them, Scaramouche! Oh, I hope they're cute and fluffy! Can I hug 'em?" As for his metal friend, Kev just gave him a squeeze and a chuckle.

"Don't feel bad! I'm just happy to spend some time with you!" Whether it was here or in the Sanctuary, Kev had wanted to enjoy the company of his friends! "It's not like I do this every hour or anything~! So why not, huh? Now, where are your birdy gals at?" Lead the way, Scaramouche!

Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:08 pm

"Fluuuute? What is this strange word?"

...See, moments like these are why Scaramouche felt compelled to throttle Kev's scaly neck. What a bug-eyed tart! The android loudly huffed and was clearly not amused by his friend's so-called performance. "Of course I react!" he barked, visibly irritated. "What d'ya want me to do, not react!? C'mon, baby, y'know that ain't my style~!" Such a day will never come to pass, not even if it were the last day in all existence, and Scaramouche wasn't known for meekness. That, and he kinda did enjoy having a reason to get aggravated with the incorrigible goober. You win this round, Kev! But just this round...

"I think you'd make a great daddy-o~!" From sour to sweet, Scaramouche affectionately patted his friend on the back and offered a friendly thumbs up, winking. "Ya don't give yourself enough credit, baby! You're kind, patient, reasonable, and treat people with respect. What more could a kiddo want? Just, like, develop a stronger spine for when the lil' rugrats get too big for their britches and you're golden." Again, would this toothy face lie to you, Kev?

Don't answer, that was another rhetorical question!

Oh, but that lil' gecko act... It was super darb, and it even had the robot lowering his guard. Not like that was a particularly difficult feat if he liked you, but, y'know... "Well well well~! Ain't you just the cutest lil' ragamuffin of the li - ...ass-ass-in, huh?" Nope, good vibes are gone. You killed them, Kev, you monster. The alien - or, in this case, ugly duckling - soon found Momma Duck's large, metal palm pressed up against his ugly duckling face. "Yeah, yeah, yeah," the robot grumbled, wriggling his friend's face whichever way he pleased. Right, left, up, down - did it matter? Ugly was ugly, babe! "And I don't know 'bout any pingin' balls, but we definitely bounce off each other." Like, seriously? Ping-pong balls? That was the best analogy Kev could muster in that 'eekum bokum' noggin of his? Scaramouche just laughed, "Hon~! It's the emulation chip, in my case. Can't turn the damn thing off even if I tried! No clue 'bout you, though, babu." Kev was just a sweetheart, 'nuff said. And ew, robo-flesh!? This was 100% aluminum alloy plating, a' thank you.

"As for him being cold, I don't think he necessarily meant to be. When he gets stuck in his...'loops', he seems to get indifferent. I don't know how it usually goes for robots like you guys, obviously, but... I guess it seems like when one gets stuck in a bad mood and becomes pin-headed?"

...So, like, is that what the other robot was calling them? Loops? Funny, it was usually just plain ol' rampancy back home... Maybe it was, uh... a Japanese thing? Euro-Japanese...? Eh, point being, it was something and that something wasn't necessarily a smooth translation between the two androids. Yes, androids.

"I... I suppose that makes sense," Scaramouche hesitantly replied, shrugging. He was by no means an expert on every robotic make and model, but he knew himself better than anyone else - even his precious vefo! - and thus understood the threat of rampancy quite well. Metal Man's specific troubles were admittedly... foreign. They'd hopefully get to the heart of the matter when it came time for the Wily Bot's apology. But, for now, it was best to focus on the present and enjoy the company it brought. Kev almost immediately found his hug returned thrice-fold and coupled with a warm, appreciative smile. "I won't let'cha down," Scaramouche promised. "I'mma behave, I'mma do the right thing. For you, for Lunette, and for myself." Even if the android had to arrive in literal pieces, he was going to be there and he was going to see this through. His loved ones were counting on him!

Anyway, the cuccos! His darling, fluffy, fat cuccos! Oh, Kev was gonna love 'em. "As if there's any other cuccos this side of the forest line~!" the robot playfully teased, stifling a giggle. "And you can absolutely hug 'em, baby! In fact, you can even hold 'em if they like ya enough! They're really friendly~!" Y'know, so long as you don't accidentally hit one. Then the girls swarm to the unlucky sod and peck them to death. Let's avoid that today!

"Don't feel bad! I'm just happy to spend some time with you! It's not like I do this every hour or anything~! So why not, huh? Now, where are your birdy gals at?"

Unf, it was like partaking in acoustic sex, baby! If only Kev's voice wasn't so grating... Pot calling the kettle black, eh?

Unwilling to let his friend take another step more, the android weaved his arms beneath Kev's bottom and cradled like the alien like he would a newborn babe. "You are too, too kind..." And perhaps too much for Kev's own good, but Scaramouche was going to take care of his friend as best he could. The robot rose to his lofty height, the servos in his knees and ankles groaning, and soon Scaramouche was heading off for the kitchen's backdoor. "C'mon, let's go pester those old birds!" he said brightly, feeling happier than he had in days. "I even got a pair of gloves out there ready and waitin' for ya, and then you can go positively goo-goo over their eggs~!"

The past week may have been rough, but it surely wasn't the end. With attentive friends like Kev and an amazing lover like Lunette, Scaramouche had everything he needed in order to bounce back and once again be his lively, bombastic self. It hurt - it hurt badly to lose Metal Man and Shen - but their poor decisions belonged to none other than themselves.

You know what they say: sometimes you gotta crack a few eggs to make a good omelette! And if those eggs were rotten? Well, toss 'em out and save the good ones. In the end, that's all Scaramouche could really do.

And he wasn't going to squander those good eggs for anything in the whole wide world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:03 am