Valentine's Day Movie Marathon!

Knock Out
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! UD6hGmr60/60Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! 80ZXdcG560/560Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! NlcFHJD102/102Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (102/102)

Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! Empty Valentine's Day Movie Marathon!

Post by Knock Out on 2/16/2019, 02:59

Time: 7:40 PM
    Date: February 15, 0009

Here it was, the last holiday marathon for quite some time. As well as the shortest! The main target for these movies were couples, although single people were welcome to attend too. Romantic movies and tasty chocolate were for everybody! Knock Out was rather proud of the collection for this weekend. A cute romance between two robots, a fairy tale relationship, two different tales of love and mortality at odds with each other, a movie with numerous different love stories taking place on the same day, and an inter-species romance. There was a little bit of everything for everyone.

By the entrance stood Knock Out, handing out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with information on the movies and new items on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Sharp optics took note of everyone who arrived. Whenever he saw a young couple or an especially amorous one, the mech cleared his vocalizers deeply. "Please enjoy yourselves tonight, but take care not to enjoy yourselves too much!" He had rules for a reason! Smirking lightly, business as usual, he turned to the next arrival with a friendly smile. "Enjoy tonight's features and treat yourself to the special menu items! There's plenty to go around, so why not buy one for your sweetheart?" Next time he turned human, he ought to try out some of these treats. Particularly the cupcakes.

As the patrons moved along, the mech was left with a moment to himself. He had shined himself for tonight, just as he always did. A new layer of carnauba wax had been applied as well! Knock Out took note of how many people had arrived so far. A handful of couples who decided to arrive early. There were sure to be more people soon, and perhaps even after WALL-E was over. Cute as it was, he wouldn't be surprised if the older couples elected not to watch due to it being CGI compared to every other movie which was live action. Talons furled around the stack of papers in his grasp as he did his best impression of a watchful guardian. The weekend was bound to be a fluffy one, here on the drive-in property.

((OOC note: This thread will be open for anyone who wants to join during the first night of this weekend and threads are welcome for anyone who wants to attend the other two nights.  The showtime schedule for these movies are:

• Friday  February 15th, WALL-E and The Princess Bride.
    • Saturday February 16th, Ghost and The Fountain.
    • Sunday  February 17th, Valentine's Day and The Shape of Water.
    Metal Man
    Metal Man
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! UD6hGmr10/10Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! 80ZXdcG60/60Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! NlcFHJD11/11Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (11/11)

Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! Empty Re: Valentine's Day Movie Marathon!

Post by Metal Man on 2/16/2019, 08:12

The holiday marathon, of course, was something Knock Out had spoken about in the Sanctuary, and knowing there would be chocolate, the chocolate-loving red robot would show up, with a lightfooted and cheerful.  He gave a polite bow to Knock Out, ready to take a pamphlet if offered one.  He wasn't just going to snatch it like it was a pen at the Inn and he was too over-eager, after all!  He was starting to understand why that had reflected poorly on him and was working on trying to stop doing things like that.  "Evening, Knock Out.  You look nice tonight!"  Hey, he looked nice all the time but who could help but flatter the Cybertronian.  He did look lovely tonight, and the lighting just bounced off the shine just right!

Of course, his one true love was already here in several forms: a hot drink, cupcakes, truffles, foil-wrapped ones, tinned hard-shelled chocolate candies, and heart shaped boxes of assorted chocolates.  He was just aware of plenty of chocolate right now, but not the specifics, however.  Knock Out had said there would be plenty of chocolate, and where there was chocolate, there was a living being of Ceramic Titanium.  Well, except during Christmas but that had been out of more personal reasons.

He glanced toward the concession stand, of course, but didn't necessarily want to rush there.  That seemed impolite, really, just barging on the concession stand.  His gaze drifted back toward Knock Out.  "So, how are things going this weekend?"  Osaka-style.  Really smooth.  Ask how someone is, and ask about their business in the same "breath".  But it was moreso how Knock Out was, of course!  The mech had been exceptionally busy, after all![/color]
    Knock Out
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! UD6hGmr60/60Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! 80ZXdcG560/560Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! NlcFHJD102/102Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (102/102)

Post by Knock Out on 2/19/2019, 04:36

"Evening, Knock Out.  You look nice tonight!"

Well, well, well! If it wasn't Metal Man himself. Knock Out arched a metallic brow as the younger robot, but handed him a pamphlet nevertheless. "Good evening, Metal! Why thank you, I try to look my best for such special occasions~!" With a self-assured smirk, the mech gave an elegant bow the moment the pamphlet left his talons. Inside, the robot would find a good assortment of information. A brief description of the movies for tonight and their showtimes. Reminds for what movies would be shown the next two nights. A detailed description of the drive-in menu with special attention paid to the new and exclusive items.

Such chocolate treats were likely the reason for Metal's attendance. He didn't seem like the romance type, and the robot was single last he'd checked! Knock Out caught the crimson robot's glance and shifted his gaze over to the building as well. It wasn't nearly as decorated as it had been for Halloween or Christmas. The closest he'd gotten was a couple of pastel hearts slapped over the glass doors and the class counters inside. This holiday didn't really inspire much creativity. Lots of hearts, red and pink colors, and images of a baby with a bow and arrow. So weird!

"So far, so good." The mech shifted through his pile of papers with deft fingers. "I wanted to make sure this weekend's movies were varied. Didn't want too many repeats, you know? It's almost a shame to only have one weekend dedicated to this holiday but..." And here, Knock Out made a small face. "The vast majority of romantic movies just seem cheesy and terrible to me. I suppose it evens out because the other weekends can be filled up with personal suggestions." He decided that there was an appropriate lull in people arriving, and continued the conversation by tilting his helm at the young robot. "And how is your weekend going?" Pretty damn great, if he was at the drive-in~!
    Metal Man
    Metal Man
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! UD6hGmr10/10Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! 80ZXdcG60/60Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! NlcFHJD11/11Valentine's Day Movie Marathon! QVqUJop  (11/11)

Post by Metal Man on 2/28/2019, 08:53

He had a polite and bright look, taking the pamphlet gently to be able to see the menu and the like. "Of course, I'd expect no less indeed." Several movies, their showtimes, and the main event. His core seemed to pound excitedly. Chocolate, his one true love, his beloved and beautiful flavorful treat. This was, in addition to just getting out and watching movies, having a little fun, playing with a little bit of his money, the reason he came. The main event for him, even moreso than the movies.

As for the decor, it wasn't his cuppa but he respected what creativity could be put into it. There wasn't much you could do with hearts and the common misconception of the Roman god of love as a baby with a bow and arrow. It wasn't like chocolate, which had so many applications! It was drinkable, bakeable, shareable, breakable, and of course, melty. All his favorite forms. Augh, the young mechanical was definitely full of chocolate on the processor, but he tried to be composed.

"I read you loud and clear there. Sometimes it's the unconventional ones that are the best. Or the most obvious and overly-cheesy ones that border on campy." His taste of movies in a nutshell. Unconventional ones and campy ones. Give him movies that were campier than a comedic drag queen. "This is true. Never know when a good suggestion might come up." He himself had none yet, of course. Okay, maybe he had one, but it was kind of a horrifying one in some regards and better left for Halloween in some form. Unconventional horror, actually, but a classic movie in other regards. Maybe around Halloween he'd suggest Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Yeah, that sounded like an idea. "Fairly well for the most part. Had a good slew of clients this morning including a regular. And really it's just been a nice day in general." He chirped.
    Knock Out
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Knock Out on 3/5/2019, 16:43

"Precisely the kind of thing I like to hear!" Some may balk at the pressure of others expecting that they look their best, but not Knock Out! If anything, the confirmation made the mech preen and grin. So long as the citizens expected for him to look fantastic, then Knock Out could totally blast their expectations out of the water! Perhaps he should touch up his decals? Get his talons done? Ooh, the notion of pampering himself only made him even giddier.

"Mm." He nodded his helm in polite agreement. Knock Out quite preferred his type of camp to be Tim Curry flavored. Anything else was a tad too much for him! "It sounds like you'd be a fan of a bad movie marathon. My employees gave some interesting suggestions, and they were unconventional and campy!" Even terrible movies had their fans! When one gets down to it, the worst thing a movie could possibly be...is forgettable. If a movie left no impact, either positive or negative then it failed its job. Tut and all that. "Mhm, that's why the suggestion box is always open. You never know what gold nugget will be slipped inside." As amazing as Knock Out was, he simply had too much to do during the day to marathon every single movie that had ever been made! So, it was best to leave it up to the citizens to offer their ideas.

"Clients?" Now here, the mech craned his helm at the younger robot with no small amount of surprise. What kind of clients did Metal have? "I wasn't aware that you had a job, now!" What kind of clients? His mind immediately went to the medical field, and suddenly those crimson optics held a bit of scrutiny to them... "What do you do?" He probed, innocently enough.
    Metal Man
    Metal Man
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Metal Man on 3/25/2019, 07:39

Well, he had learned the fine art of at least reading individuals. Groups were still a mystery to him, but individuals were easier to read. Easier to understand. And someone like Knock Out who prided himself on his best? He expected no less than Knock Out's best. "Really now? No one should expect less than someone's best, right?" He winked. Though, others had seen him at his worst. They had yet to see him at his level best. But time away from his brothers sure helped him get out of that mindset that he had to be a mindless killer. That he could be something more than that. Creative, calmer, slowly more courageous, and even getting a lot more courteous than he had been.

Ah yes, the classic campiness. Mind you, he didn't mind slipping into camp horror like Elvira: Mistress of the Dark could provide too. Or movies with his level of godawful puns. "Oh Knock Out, you know a bot well. I mean, you had to have known after all those times I slung so many groaner puns." Hey, he was getting more aware of his bad habit for punning. It didn't mean he was going to completely stop, of course, but he wasn't going to crack them all the time either. Who did you think he was, a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain? Sheesh. Okay, maybe he could have been under the right circumstances. "Well, I'll definitely have to slip a little ol' suggestion in." Oh, he kind of knew what he wanted to suggest. Just that he would have to make sure his handwriting was legible enough to read it. He slipped a little pad of post-it-notes out of his right wrist alongside a pen and scrawled down a couple quick suggestions, both of them campy and similar in tone. First, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark because that was some classic 80s camp. And of course, who could go without the Rocky Horror Picture Show, right? Campy and actually pretty good, while being a parody of those so-bad-it's-good movies. Couldn't go wrong with movies like that, right?

He gave a chipper look. "I decided to take Scaramouche's suggestion. It's honestly one that Dr. Animus agreed with. Dog walking." He gave a small chuckle. "They're actually not as bad as I thought. Dogs I mean. Most of them aren't trying to rip my hand off with their teeth, and the worst I've had out of 'em is having about four dogs running with my grip on the leashes almost white-knuckle." He laughed. That had been one hell of an incident. That was the day he learned the notorious stubbornness of terriers, with a group of Jack Russell terriers pulling him into a run when the leader of the four-dog group had seen a bird she just had to chase. "I mean, I'm still kind of nervous around some of the larger ones, but I'm working on that. Actually kind of fun to get out and about with 'em. And brings in steady money with spring getting closer so, I can't complain."
    Knock Out
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Knock Out on 3/27/2019, 19:05

"Well, not everyone can meet such high expectations. But that means those who do stand out all the more!" Knock Out returned the wink with a proud smirk. He'd been exposed to enough megalomaniacs and morons in his life, he knew better than to expect the best from everyone. However, there were some people who could actually do it! And when it came to his passions, the mech was giving 200%. Looking his best, doing his best. Feeling his best. He wasn't entirely sure what to expect of this young robot just yet. It was far too soon for him to make a judgement call, especially after that unfortunate business with poor Scaramouche! But for now? Metal Man seemed inoffensive enough! Definitely an agreeable mech.

"Oh, the puns definitely had something to do with it." He agreed with a deep chuckle. Such a sense of humor was quite cheesy and corny. Although Knock Out was rather fond of puns as well so... Far be it from him to judge too much. "However, your young age has something to do with it too! The younger citizens seem ironically fond of such stinkers." Primarily teenagers and young adults. Metal Man wasn't exactly a teen, but he was comparable to one. Shifting his weight from one hip to the other, the crimson mech nodded his helm lightly. "Please do. I quite enjoy discovering new movies to show." Were it up to only Knock Out, he'd probably show exclusively horror and racing movies! Keeping other tastes and genres in mind was important to maintaining audience satisfaction! Both of his brows rose as Metal Man took out his own post-it-notes to scribble some suggestions down. His helm craned curiously, almost trying to sneak a peek! Only the robot's response kept him from spying what had been written down.

"Dog walking?" The Cybertronian blinked audibly. Hm! Yeah, that sounded like something Scaramouche would suggest. The lanky robot was extremely fond of animals! Knock Out's helm cocked to the side with a soft hum. "The worst things about dogs is that they're smelly. They poop everywhere, they slobber and drool, they're mangy and covered in fleas, the fur gets everywhere...!" A disgusted shudder rippled through his body, the black kibble of his shoulders shaking. "I couldn't do it. Ugh. Just, dirty little mutts." It was obviously hard for him to understand the positives Metal saw in the job. Metal brow quirking up, the mech smirked lightly. "So what is the pay like?" Was this babysitting cash, or was the robot pulling in those good credits?
    Metal Man
    Metal Man
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Metal Man on 4/4/2019, 09:15

Glimmering crimson optics brightened. "Well that's why you and Scaramouche stand out so well compared to country bumpkins." Hey, you didn't think he forgot Blaise and Orion--country bumpkins to him. Ironic as the "idiot from Osaka" was a bit of a "country bumpkin" himself. But he admitted he was. A sheltered country bumpkin learning about himself and others.

Well, if he were human he would be teen but his equivalent youth in programming worked. "That's true. Someone who's physically or mentally young--even someone programmed young--would love the so-bad-it's-good fare. Gotta have our guilty pleasures." Hell, he knew older adults who had guilty pleasures. No, not his family, not by a longshot. Folks around the Breach had their guilty pleasures and there was no shame in that at all. For him it was bad movies, terrible puns, and really weird and uniquely Japanese candies. Usually chocolate-based in some way. "And rediscovering the good stuff you've already no doubt seen." After all, there were so many movies to think about. Maybe one day he'd recommend Ringyu too. If he could get through it for once in his life without hiding behind the couch and turning it off, hanging his head in shame. Japanese horror, gotta love it.

"Well that, and they steal your frisbees." And Metal Blades but that was another story. He hadn't used his Metal Blades in a while--mostly because he was admittedly a little afraid to. "Depends on the day. Sometimes it's lean earnings, other days it's pretty good money, factoring in both the normal pay plus tips. I mean, ten dalmatians at a time was kind of fun once you get past cleaning up ten dogs' worth of poop. Such unique personalities. Their owners tipped well too." He was sure there were ninety-one more with the family that had him walk them. Or maybe they were just going for recreating the movie in due time. Either way, the dalmatians hadn't been bad. Not like that Schnauzer that tried to hump his leg. "Okay. Maybe not all dogs are so great. I'll spare you the horrors of what happened with a schnauzer." All in all, he was pulling in good credits when he could get the good customers. His going rate plus tips from some of the better customers? That was some good money! Hell, the Dalmatian family always tipped handsomely, as did an old man with a Yorkie and Pomeranian. And a few others, to be honest. Actually, most folks did tip him because the dogs came back happy, well-walked, and oftentimes after a good snack that wasn't robot arm!
    Knock Out
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Knock Out on 4/13/2019, 12:28

"Country bumpkins?" Both metal brows rose with no small amount of amusement! Knock Out knew an ego stroke when he heard it. Metal Man was putting himself and Scaramouche on a pedestal, and inherently placing some country bumpkins beneath their heels! How delicious... Ruby optics glinted brightly as his knuckles buffed the edge of his own chassis smugly. "Hmhmhm...~ We do stand out from the average and terribly bland crowd, don't we?" Hey, just because he could identify that the other robot was giving him an ego stroke didn't mean the mech disapproved! Quite the opposite in fact.

"Indeed, don't we all?" He agreed flippantly. Guilty pleasures were quite fun! One could argue that Knock Out's own fondness for Earth culture could be considered a guilty pleasure. The other Decepticons certainly didn't understand it. He liked the planet, the entertainment, the automobiles! If only there weren't any fleshbags skittering around the place like a roach motel, the entire planet would be perfect. "Mhm, discovering and re-discovering. Like an archaeologist for films!" Sometimes you found a unique skeleton, and sometimes you found nothing but average rocks!

Frisbees...? The mech chuckled, cocking a brow at the robot. "Do you walk around with frisbees often?" And here he thought dogs only snatched frisbees after they were tossed to them! Oh, but tips. That sounded quite nice! "Ten dogs at once? Yeesh." Knock Out winced openly. At least it wasn't 101 of them, but that was still way too many! What could anyone do with ten dogs?! "I would think walking too many dogs at once would lead to you basically engaging in tug-of-war!" Oof, and the poop. As for the schnauzer? He could only guess. "How kind of you." Such things were better left to the imagination. Folding his arms over his chassis, Knock Out's helm cocked to the side as he flashed the younger 'bot a grin. "Well, with that great dog-walking money, do you intend on buying anything from the concession~?" Perhaps a chocolate bar and some popcorn?
    Metal Man
    Metal Man
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Metal Man on 4/14/2019, 21:40

"Myself included. I'm not afraid to admit I'm a bit of a bumpkin so far." He lifted both hands slightly, a concession of his own nature. He was getting better about things, yes. But still, he was a country bumpkin in his own right. But not like Country Faun and Country Mouse. "Very much so. Elegance, grace, fashion sense, good taste." Now, okay, he was starting to pick up his own fashion sense. In the winter he did like his beloved thick red coat after all. He had so much to learn from them. From everyone, in fact.

"Too true, too true." He glibly chirped, playing with a few sections of his bangs. Some of the other Robot Masters didn't understand why he liked dancing, corny movies, and perching on rooftops while whistling or singing. "Like Indiana Jones, only with film reels. And hopefully no rocks rolling after you." Hey, he had seen a few movies. Quite a few in fact. Of course he knew a few of the more obvious references.

Cue the awkward waving of hands in front of himself. "Oh, no no. Sometimes play it to blow off steam." It sure beat slinging saws--and kind of helped him with his temptations to give back into Metal Blade.EXE. He told himself "not until he was ready." Hell, he was barely feeling ready to even trust his battle programming. "Oh, don't get me wrong, some days the ten of them are a handful. Unless they all want to go to the park and then all I have to do is tell them 'park'. And then it's 'keep up with the pack'." He gave a sheepish laugh. A laugh that paused at the thought of chocolate. "All manners of chocolate confectionary, my dear Knock Out. Shall we abscond to the concession and unite me with my true, cacao-based love?" Oh how true love existed and its name was chocolate. Well, okay, maybe he was laying it on thick there, but Valentines was a time to lay it on thicker than his winter jacket. "Hmhm. Can't forget a nice cup of hot chocolate. Chocolate cupcake. Large heart-shaped box of chocolates. And definitely mocha brownie truffles." Like he was going to resist the urge to get as much chocolate as possible? "Oh! And chocolate drizzle popcorn. What's my total, my good mech?" He already had his hand near his wrist, ready to get out his credits.
    Knock Out
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Knock Out on 4/20/2019, 21:06

"Oh?" A metal brow quirked at Metal's self-deprecating. A bumpkin, huh? Most likely inspired by his certain speedbumps with Scaramouche. "Hmm... Perhaps more than a bit." Knock Out eventually shrugged, a bit dismissive with that little reminder. Far more agreeable were the compliments directed towards himself and the lanky robot! "Hmhmhmhm...~!" Chuckling his approval, the mech gave Metal a cheeky wink. "And that would be why you're not TOO much of a bumpkin!" So long as the younger 'bot knew how to stroke an ego or two, maybe he'd get along in this world just fine!

"Ha!" Okay, that was a pretty good reference. Sometimes it was hard to remember that ol' Indiana Jones was a true archaeologist, and a true professor at that! "Hey, if I see any boulders rolling at me, that's what drills are for!" Knock Out bragged, wriggling the digits of his left servo. He was rather tempted to show off that drill! But, alas. Perhaps this wasn't the best time for that.

"Ah. Suppose the hounds need stimulation while they're on walkies." Furry critters just loved running around, sniffing their own butts, and playing with toys. Eugh. "Where do you tend to take them, aside from the park? I can't imagine the concrete jungle provides much for you to do with the dogs. Unless there are tons of little fire hydrants for them to piddle on!" That's what they literally do, right? Just like the cartoons?

Primus, listen to that order! It was a good thing the young bot didn't have real teeth or else they'd be full of cavities! Lucky mech. "Might as well. I don't think there are many others for me to greet! Come along then." He waved a servo and lead the way to the concession stand with several heavy metal footsteps. Now let's see...what all did the robot want to buy? Hot chocolate, a chocolate cupcake, a large box of chocolates, mocha brownie truffles, and chocolate drizzle popcorn. Mentally calculating the total, the mech took his place behind the register and his talons tapped across the buttons. "17 credits, without the chocolate drizzle popcorn! Before I can add that to your total, I need to know what size popcorn you wish to purchase. The drizzle is 2 credits. The popcorn prices are 3, 4, 5, or 7 credits, for small, medium, large, or an extra-large tub! So...what'll it be?" How many kernels did you feel like digging out of those teeth of your's, Metal?
    Metal Man
    Metal Man
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Metal Man on 5/1/2019, 08:35

Oh, more than just the speedbumps. If he couldn't throw shade at himself, his family would have eaten him alive. Hell, Portal City would have eaten him alive. "Now that's just shade. I was stuck on an island before I got here." He wriggled his ears to show it was all in good fun and jest. "Hey, I just know good taste. Even if I ain't always the patron of it." Him? A patron of good taste? Maybe if he could avoid the corny puns for five minutes of his life. Which was a negatory. Metal without puns was like Knock Out without a shine: if that happened, something was damn well wrong.

He snickered softly. "Yeah, gotta have something to bust the boulders." He then scratched his chin. That was probably the one thing that he had forgotten. He had a way to split boulders too, but he was trying not to rely heavily on slinging buzzsaws. He didn't like the headspace those put him in.

He nodded with concession. "Yeah, they need a lot of stimulation. I tend to take them to the park or take 'em for a walk around the shopping district, they like the shopping district too, plenty of stimulating sights and smells there too. And not just for them." Of course, for him too, but he was careful not to let himself get too overstimulated, lest he shut down into RobotMaster.EXE and revert to a blank slate for a while. "Plenty of hydrants too, yeah. But most of them prefer to hold it til they get to the park. Or find a bush. Or a tree." Not that he'd mention his leg. Freakin' chihuahua.

Oh bless it all to Asimov, thank the stars his teeth were titanium. He'd just have to make sure to get the gunk off them. Clank-clank-clankclink-clank-clank-clinkclank. He seemed to have a rhythmic pattern to his steps even now. "Small's good for me. Don't need to be coughing up popped kernels and dislodging too many. I don't think I could steel myself for a billion kernels." He had to make the joke about his furnace mod, right? Maybe? Though he didn't really want to have to dislodge many kernels either. It was going to be bad enough that he had to polish those titanium chompers; did he really need about fifty thousand kernels in his fangs and molars?
    Knock Out
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Knock Out on 5/11/2019, 11:56

"An island?" Knock Out's helm quirked, vaguely curious. "Be this a 'vacation destination' island or... More along the lines of 'Gilligan's Island'?" Funny how he truly knew nothing about the other robot. What was Metal doing on an island anyway? "True." With a shrug and a shameless grin, the mech leaned into the robot master's personal space eeeever so slightly. "I'd peg you more as the patron saint of awkward social skills!" He teased with a lilt to his voice. Sorry Metal, you couldn't quite escape a good rib here or there, no matter how much you complimented him!

"Boulders, skulls, morons, whichever! All crumble the same beneath a trusty drill or saw." He boasted, flexing both arms with a satisfied smirk. His hips wriggled playfully as his talons clenched with confidence. Wasn't Knock Out just amazing?

Primus, dogs sounded just like children or perhaps even sparklings! "Hm, no lack of tasty smells to find in the shopping districts." Knock Out almost wondered if the dogs ever begged for treats from the young robot! Admittedly, the mech only paid attention to hydrants to make sure he didn't park next to them. Annoying traffic laws and all that! "That's one way to water the foliage!" He joked with a light chuckle.

Wow, Metal was certainly having himself a little tap dance! Popcorn must really make the 'bot excited. Metal's purchase of a small popcorn was slightly disappointing but...! Oh well. At least the robot was buying a large amount of things. Talons tapping all the more, he calculated the final total. "22 credits it is!" Mm~! He loved the concept of earning good money. While the robot collected his money, Knock Out decided to round up the items he'd purchased. Easiest to grab was the box of chocolates! Piled up on the counter along the back wall were several piles of each size. He turned at the waist, talons easily scooping up a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] off of the very top of the pile. The crimson front was soft and velvety to the touch. Inside were assorted chocolates, filled with different creams, caramels, chocolate filling, nuts... Pretty much everything a choco-holic could want! Beneath the glass counter were trays of baked goods. He bent down and gently pinched the colorful cupcake paper to present Metal with his [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] served with a napkin! "Ta-da~!"

Next up were the truffles! Similar to the cupcakes, the chocolates were organized on a tray en masse. Pulling a small cardboard box up onto the countertop, Knock Out grabbed a pair of metal tongs to gather up Metal's choices. Each truffle was identical, a milk chocolate cover with both dark and milk chocolate drizzles along the top. The filling inside would prove to be very filling and delicious. Organizing the box meticulously, he pushed the collection of items so far for Metal to grab. The hot chocolate and the popcorn were all that was left to gather! He eyed the food and clicked his glossa with a huff. "Some days, this job is just torture. I should turn human sooner rather than later so that I too, can enjoy such tasty food!"
    Metal Man
    Metal Man
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Metal Man on 6/22/2019, 08:23

"Neither, really." He tapped his cheek. "More like a mad scientist island." Humble origins, really. At least, that was his shady thought about himself. He then laughed. "Saint Metal, the Patron Saint of Awkward Social Skills. Eh, doesn't have as nice a ring as Saint Knock Out, the Patron Saint of Good Taste and Fashion." He winked. He wasn't above the occasional moment of flattering the mech. He had learned through interactions with him that Knock Out did enjoy compliments and flattery. He knew he was bound to get ribbed, but he had learned to accept it. Hell, you kind of had to accept it whether in a new world with new faces or your home with over forty siblings ribbing you constantly.

He scratched his head and laughed softly. "This is true. The right tool wrecks a little bit of everything." And Knock Out's drill, as they say, was the right tool.

He seemed to have an excited look the more he saw the chocolate goodies piling up. This movie was going to be a dream, if only because he was going to be in a chocoholic paradise. Sure, he wasn't human and didn't need to consume it, but chocolate delighted the chemoreceptors in his sensory system--perhaps the finer part of German engineering in his case. "Oh, please let me know when you do!" He was curious about Knock Out's human form, even if he was anxious at the thought of taking that plunge himself.

((Sorry this took so long. >.< RL kicked my butt a lot between weather-related internet struggles, family stuff, and summer classes.))
    Knock Out
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Knock Out on 7/2/2019, 18:27

"More like a mad scientist island."

Yeesh. Not nearly as extravagant as a vacation. And at least Gilligan's island had a friendly if awkward scientist rather than a mad one! "Hm." Crimson optics scanned the younger robot from the tips of his feet to the top of his head. "Am I right in assuming this mad scientist was your 'dear old dad'?" Blegh, organics building robots. Still put a sour taste in his mouth, but steadily Knock Out was getting used to the concept. "Tsk. Sounds like you're also the Patron Saint of brown-nosing! Not that I'm complaining, however..." It wasn't often that people inflated his ego like this, although he couldn't help but prefer when his favorites did the inflating. The mech made a gesture as if he were brushing dust off one of his broad shoulders. "Alright, alright. I hope you know such compliments aren't going to earn you any discounts."

"Oh, I'm sure you can make the wrong tools work by using them in just the right way!" All that was holding one back was some healthy imagination! And a bit of physics, he supposed.

With all of Metal's goodies rounded up, the red robot was quite excited for his treats as he eyed them like a dog begging for food. Here's hoping Earth robots can't get sugar highs! "Oh, I'll try my best to let you know the next time I'm human! But until then..." Holding his servo out towards the robot, Knock Out's sharp talons curled in a 'come hither' gesture'. Whatever could he be referring to? Why, the owed credits, of course!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 8/25/2019, 17:06