Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice

Tundra Man
    Tundra Man
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice UD6hGmr0/0Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice 80ZXdcG60/60Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice NlcFHJD11/11Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (11/11)

Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice Empty Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice

Post by Tundra Man on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Date: April 4, 0009
    Time: 2:13 PM

Tundra Man turned the business card over in his fingers several times while he approached the building with a few rudimentary sketches of what he had been thinking about for his modifications. Right now, he had his wooden block clogs to keep the ice skates from scratching up any floors. He wasn't a savage, after all! But hopefully, after discussing the design and the basic idea with Jo, he'd be able to soon walk away with what modifications he needed to walk not on clogs or thin skate blades. Maybe even a rollerskate mod if he wanted to keep practicing skating routines during the spring and summer? Or rollerblades. Rollerblades sounded good too. Maybe he'd ask what she thought would be more practical. After all, he wanted the modification to be practical.

Pink optics darted to the sketches he already had. Now, he was no technician, not by a long shot. He was just thinking that something could cover the skate blade or fit around it to change it from thin skate blade to flat feet. Maybe with grips to keep him from slipping and sliding on slick floors? No no, he was overthinking that and could discuss that soon. He took a deep vent, taking his mask off and sliding it into his compartment at his waist. It was just enough to fit small essentials like a wallet, his keycard to his room at the inn.

Once he slipped inside, he spoke up. "Pardon, but may I speak to a...Jo Pistonne?" He sure hope he said it right!
    Jo Pistonne
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice UD6hGmr65/65Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice 80ZXdcG650/650Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice NlcFHJD120/120Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (120/120)

Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice Empty Re: Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:32 am

"Bleeeeh... I dunno if I'll like this..."

"Oh Jo, you haven't even tried it yet. Take a bite and see."

"Yeah, but it looks so healthy! What if I don't like it?"

"You won't know until you try."

"Bleeeeh..."

So it goes every time Big Z sprung a new culinary concoction on poor Jo Pistonne, the mechanic at the mercy of the accursed 'D'-word. 'Oh, you might like it!', he says. 'Oh, give it a try', he says. How about she just takes this healthy abomination and throw it at the alley critters out back and let them be the guinea pigs for a change? "Sigh..." She stared balefully at the 'thing' - the so-called chicken tikka masala burrito - and refused to lift her chin off the workshop bench in protest of Big Z's dictatorial grasp over her gurgling stomach. Look at this thing! Look at it! It smelled weird, it looked weird, and it hadn't a drop of guac. There was also this funny-colored rice and it smelled spicy and - ugh... She made a face, nose crinkling. "I'm not sure which is worse," Jo grumbled, "your vegetarian quiche last night or this pathetic excuse for a burrito..." How the heck was a quiche vegetarian if you used eggs?

Heavy footsteps sounded behind the whimpering mechanic and her lips pressed into an exaggerated pout. Here it comes... That high-and-mighty, imperious tone that drove her late-night cravings up a wall. "Oh Jo, not everything in your diet must be deep-fried, greasy, and drenched in saturated fats. Keep an open mind, will you? Your cholesterol levels will thank you later, as will your bowels."

The 'D'-word, hissssss!

"But deep-fried, greasy, and saturated fatsy food tastes so good, tho-ho-hough...!" she pathetically sobbed. Roll of thunder, hear this starving woman's cry! Big Z was gonna turn her into nothing but skin and bones!

Thump, thump! Her eyes crossed and a lil' - "Weeeeeh...! - croak escaped her mouth. "Tut! You are such a big baby," mocked the biggest of all babies. Big Z gave Jo's noggin one more playful tap of his ruler and walked over to the nearby tool rack, sighing. "I slave over a hot stove for you every morning, afternoon, and night and this is how you repay my kindness... To think that I, the great and noble Zurg, have been reduced to nothing more than a pitiful house servant - and not even a respected one, at that! - is truly the lowest of lows. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!" Holy shit.

"Fine!" Jo howled to the highest of heavens, "I'll eat your stupid burrito if it means you'll stop making this a freaking soap opera, cosmos!" Which is exactly what he'd planned, the fiend, but anything was better than hearing that two-legged beluga grouse! She grabbed that unsightly sucker and ripped her teeth into it with all the grace and form of a developing cavewoman, chewing loudly in one last desperate bid for supremacy. Not that it'd work, but she'll be content with the little victories for now.

CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP! ...CHOMP! ...CHOMP! ...chomp... ...chomp... ...chew chew chew... "Mm~! This is actually kinda good..."

"Oho~?"

"...I mean I hate it and it should go die in a FIRE!" Nooo, her little victories are evaporating before her eyes! The fates that be! The mystic flow of the universe! Portal-X! Anybody! Save this poor mechanic from her smug lover and throw her a bone!

...clop! ...clop! ...clop!

"Pardon, but may I speak to a...Jo Pistonne?"

THANK YOU.

That was perhaps the fastest Jo had zoomed out of the basement level, the mechanic a blur of oily green overalls and brown hair. "Coming, coming~!" she called out happily (perhaps too happily, but it is what it is). The mechanic hopped over the last three steps and walked out from the beaded curtain, dusting her gloved hands as she approached the storefront counter. Let's see what Portal Breach's finest was giving her today! "Welcome to Jo's Chop Shop and Repair! My name's Jo! How can I help you today?" Ooh, another robot? Could never have too many of them!
    Tundra Man
    Tundra Man
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice UD6hGmr0/0Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice 80ZXdcG60/60Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice NlcFHJD11/11Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (11/11)

Post by Tundra Man on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:42 pm

Aha!  Pink optics lit up.  Just the woman for the job.  He had his sketches at the hand and ready, and bright look.  "I've a modification I wish to discuss with you.  Scaramouche told me you do the best mods in the business."  Hey, of course he wasn't going to forget to credit Scaramouche for letting him know where to get good modifications.  And he was, after all, seeking some modifications.  He couldn't rightfully go around in wooden clogs until the first snows of winter, right?  He could ice skate on the ice then, but this was now, the warm part of spring fast approaching.

"As much as the wooden clogs are helpful in not scratching everything up, I figure in the long run having a modification that covers the skate blades and provides my feet with an even surface will do well to prevent too much damage to others' properties, and make my feet a little more...weather appropriate for the non-winter times of year in the temperate regions."  His optics seemed a bit bashful at the moment.  "I've kind of got sketches that are the gist of it.  I'm no technician by any means--more of an ice skater and arctic exploration and sciences bot--but I figure it'll give you something to base things off of."  He unfurled the sketches with a sheepish smile.  While not technical, it at least showed something that could retract for him to skate and come down to cover the blade when not skating.

What could he say?  He was a bot who knew what he wanted and needed, and was willing to meet Jo halfway on this if required.[/color]
    Jo Pistonne
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice UD6hGmr65/65Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice 80ZXdcG650/650Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice NlcFHJD120/120Don't Wanna Skate on Thin Ice QVqUJop  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 am

...Ooh, pink! A refreshing change from the usual blues and reds optics so common in the robotic populace. "Oh he did, did he~?" A smile graced her oily face. That honking funk-a-tron was such a social butterfly! Jo couldn't knock it out, though, because it brought them business and she just loved tinkering with new things - in this case, ambulatory modifications! "Okay, sure! Show me what you got," she said, walking around the counter and taking a stand beside their latest customer. The mechanic took this time to extend her hand and make proper introductions, "Said this before, but I'm Jo Pistonne! Nice to meet you." Now, onto the mod!

As resourceful as he was dazzling (and this robot was dazzling), he produced a good selection of sketches that made Jo's life much, much easier. "Ah, always helps having an artistic touch, huh~?" She entertained a throaty chuckle and winked, glancing back down at the robot's hopeful schematics. "Just to clarify for our records, you still want your current components, right? If so, we can create a mod that keeps your frame as close to stock as possible, while complementing it with third-party additions that'll satisfy your needs." Ugh, cosmos... Hanging around Big Z had rubbed off a couple of bad habits, like being too business-like! Jo cleared her throat, smiling, "...Sorry~! That's my significant other half talking. What we can do, if you'd like, is take your designs and incorporate them into a mod that doesn't clash with everything else you got going on, like customizing your skate blades to retract on command, or having them transform between blade, wheels, or flat bottom surface - all while looking inconspicuous and helping you traverse less-than-ideal terrain and surfaces."

At the least, they'd have to fiddle with the mechanisms and parts within the robot's feet to make anything work, which was pretty much a given. It all depended on how much wiggle room he wanted to give Jo, but modifications were absolutely doable!
    Tundra Man
    Tundra Man
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Tundra Man on Wed May 01, 2019 12:55 pm

"He really did. Good mech that one. Cheery chap." He was so excited. He rubbed the back of his helm sheepishly. While social, he couldn't help but be a strange mix of humble and vain. How in the name of Cossack that worked was Tundra's little secret. "DCN085, Tundra Man, at your service." He gave a sweeping bow for a moment. Now, technically after being stolen, he was technically counted as a DWN. However, since he was created by Sergei Mikhailovich Cossack, he would proudly call himself a Cossack Number.

Tundra nodded. "Yeah. As much as possible I want to keep to my stock components. I've already had a full overhaul before and I don't think I could handle that a second time." He at least was honest. He had gone from a bulky research model to a slender skating and research model. After all, he needed a skater's build if he was going to do figure skating! He then perked up. "The last--transformable--works best. In-line wheels are, after all, good for training in the off-season when my own future business is closed." Which meant, of course, early morning or evening training sessions since he planned on late morning to early evening shaved ice and snow cones. Sell them during the heat of the day, duh.

He was open to as much wiggle room as he could give without a complete overhaul of his framework. As long as he could still use TundraStorm.EXE he was good. And not for violent ends, either. Where do you think he was going to get the ice for his flavored ices?
    Jo Pistonne
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed May 29, 2019 11:16 am

"DCN085, Tundra Man, at your service."

Aha! Confirmation get. Not that it particularly mattered in the large scheme of things, but it was great having total veracity! Now, the question became... would this Robot Master prove himself better than his more capricious forebears? Only time will tell! Until then, Jo had a customer to satisfy.

"Pleasure to meet you, Tundra Man!" she replied brightly, tossing in a little wave. "And yes, absolutely! I'm reading you loud and clear about wanting to keep your components as untouched as possible." If a full overhaul was anything like plastic surgery or a major operation, the mechanic sympathized. Not fun! With a pensive - "Hrrrm..." - Jo withdrew a notepad for her back pocket and hastily scribbled some notes, pencil racing. "Transformational upgrade preferred... want to keep originality... Pretty eyes..." That last detail was more for herself than anything~! "Okay, got it!" Jo nodded, looking back at the Robot Master with a wide smile. "Rest assured, Tundra Man, this is very doable! But first..." Her gaze drifted to the beaded curtain behind them both, tapping her lips with the pencil's eraser. "...We'll have to take some measurements and scans before we can fully get this job underway! You're not adverse to that, are you?" She had to make sure, because it was better to be safe than sorry.

She gestured to the back hall with a thumb. "If you're okay with that, follow me so we can get that out of your hair!" Did the guy even have hair...? Maybe! It was kinda hard telling with that helmet...
    Tundra Man
    Tundra Man
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Tundra Man on Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Tundra gave a soft smile. "Enchanted to finally make your acquaintance as well." He then gave a confirmational nod. "Of course, where do you need me to stand to take measurements?" He was keenly aware of what was necessary, as he'd had plenty of overhauls in his lifetime, completed by two roboticists together rather than a skilled mechanic.

When given the motion, he would walk with her, his ice braid clinking softly. Unlike others, he didn't have hair under a helmet--just the braid of ice out the back and a face behind the mask. He'd considered hair but thought against it as he worked in the arctic. "Of course! No worries." He had a chipper smile.

((Sorry for the delay between family emergencies, internet issues, and summer classes.))
    Jo Pistonne
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:40 am

Mm, what a gentlebot~! Fastest way into Jo's good graces, right there.

"Just back here!" she happily piped. Past the beaded curtain and a liiiil' way down the back hall (and completely bypassing the basement stairwell), Jo led the two of them to a secluded room on their immediate right. A modest area, it boasted surprisingly futuristic tech - a mishmash of familiar 'human' and outlandish 'alien' - but despite the varying differences in electronic architecture, one thing was certain: a scanning bay was a scanning bay, and that doodad smack-dab in the middle of the room was definitely a scanning bay. Full-body, too! She pointed to the pressure plate on the floor and then to the pair of mechanical arms folded up above, the machine's greater apparatus dormant. A lil' ominous, but surely the Robot Master's version of Earth had similar gadgetry?

"Just step in the center and I'll get the thing running! We'll take all the measurements we need as quickly and painlessly as possible. You're not, uh, 'reactive' to any radiation, are you?" It would be a small dose, rest assured! Not enough to cause any lasting damage, but Jo wanted to make certain just in case. Assuming Tundra Man wasn't, he'd be out of here in two shake's of a moozle's tail.

((No worries! You just do you, and steal breathers whenever you can.))
    Tundra Man
    Tundra Man
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Tundra Man on Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:59 am

Tundra would follow her with a calm, poised elegance. There were some unfamiliar technologies among the familiar technologies and everything seemed like a more futuristic version of both Dr. Thomas Light's and Dr. Mikhail Cossack's labs. Actually, it rather impressed Tundra upon sight. He stifled his urge to whistle, as it almost seemed a little gauche in the moment.

"Oh goodness no. Solar core, no explosives." He reassured her warmly--an irony given his icy exterior.

He carefully stepped up on the pressure plate, giving a confident and calm look. Sure, it might melt his ice decor a little from the warmth of the radiation, but he could repair that easily.

((Definitely what I'm doing now that I can stay out of the hospital for a while. Bleh.))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:24 pm