Welcome to the Collision of Worlds...

Caoineadh

Kev
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Caoineadh  UD6hGmr0/0Caoineadh  QVqUJop  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    Caoineadh  80ZXdcG650/650Caoineadh  QVqUJop  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    Caoineadh  NlcFHJD120/120Caoineadh  QVqUJop  (120/120)

Caoineadh  Empty Caoineadh

Post by Kev on Sat May 11, 2019 9:20 pm

Time: Noon
    Date: April 24, 0009

At last...! It had taken several days, almost a week, but the move was finally over! The cottage was cleaned from top to bottom, having needed a very good dusting. The windows also needed to be scrubbed clean and the floors swept and mopped! With the giant menagerie of animals as well as clothing and other odds and ends that needed to be moved, it took their little family several days worth of traveling from the city to the heartlands and back! Today marked the last of it, however. No more clothes to gather up. No more supplies, no more animals to carry on over. Changing from the roomy house to the cozier cottage was different but... welcome. Kev breathed in deeply, standing on the front porch of the cottage as he just soaked it in.

Nothing could quite beat this. So many colorful flowers spreading out over the meadow. The fresh smell of wilderness and sunshine beaming upon his scales. The sheep had spread out across the grass, and the dogs were happy to stretch their legs. The scaly man was tempted to belly flop onto the grass and just roll around, but there were other plans in his mind! Kev gave a farewell to his little family, promising to be back soon and informing them of where he was set to go. Prepared with a pair of brown hiking boots, a red flannel shirt, and a pair of denim jeans, Kev strode out towards the treeline that made up their backyard. The creek babbled as water splashed against stone. He hopped across it with a pep in his step, eyes directed towards the expansive branches above.

"Nyyyym~! Oh Nyyyyym!" It had been some time since Kev had seen his beloved son, but the digimon was rather reclusive. He preferred to keep to the wilderness, keeping a steady watch over the cottage while they were in the city. It was...strange for him to not even notice their moving in process... But perhaps their visits were just too brief! He hadn't exactly told Nym that they were moving back out here, after all! Now that they were here to stay, surely the digital monster would realize they were here! They could visit and catch up, perhaps Nym could even stay the night! Such fluffy ideas were divine, but the lack of response from his son was beginning to turn them sour.

"H-heh... N-nym...? I know you're here somewhere!" All that answered the alien was the brief scuttle of grass moving around him. He turned, spying a squirrel clambering its way up a tree trunk. Hmm... Maybe he had gotten involved in an adventure of some kind...? Although it was highly uncharacteristic of him to do such a thing and not check in. What if... He was kidnapped, like with that thorny business so many years back? Trepidation suddenly gripping him, Kev sprinted across the treeline. He dare no enter the dangerous forest, but he couldn't just stay in one place...! Eyes still narrowed in on the treetops above, Kev extended his mental call to in search of the digimon's specific and special mind. "Nym! Nym, please answer me!" Where was he?!

Time: 12:58 PM
    Date: April 24, 0009

No sign of him. Not a single sign of the Blackwargreymon. No matter how far he stretched his telepathy, he couldn't even pick up any presence of Nym's mind. The alien had scoured every hidey hole he knew of. He knew how fond Nym was of exploring them. That search saw him covered in several little scrapes and bumps, shirt dirtied and scuffed up from his attempts to wriggle into the holes. Panting tiredly, Kev returned to the lovely creek behind his house. Staring into the clear water, he practically collapsed onto his knees with a heavy sigh. Shaking handing reached down and the scaly man began to rinse his arms off into the creek. The water was refreshing on his scales. He was again tempted to just...flop into the water and curl up in it, but Kev remained upright as he merely stared into his own reflection.

"..." Boy... His eyes held every hint of exhaustion in them from the alien's frantic scramble for his son. Where before he was so sure that Nym must have been kidnapped, it eventually dawned on Kev that it couldn't possibly be the case. Surely he would have heard from the digimon by now! When was the last time he'd heard from him? February...? Last time it had taken a mere couple of weeks for him to resurface. There had also been no sign of an egg. Zurg and Aya would have definitely informed him if they'd found one! Some part of the poor alien didn't want to think about the possibility. The possibility that his son was gone. Disappeared into the ether, certainly not the first and definitely not the second. His hands clenched the edges of his shorts, back arching as the man seemed to sink in on himself. Even if he didn't want to think it, there was simply...no other explanation.

"M-maybe he's... Maybe... Somewhere...!" A sob cut off any further attempts to lie to himself, fat tears rolling down scaly cheeks and plinking into the creek to be carried away. It couldn't be, it couldn't be, it just couldn't be...! Images flashed in Kev's mind, five years worth of memories and the numerous forms Nym had taken. From a tiny bouncing head to the muscular armored form he'd recently gained! Holidays spent together, the summer when a young Nym had stayed at the cottage. His very heart ached, hating the feeling that it could all be gone so soon. He was only five, damn it! Five!

Why would this happen now? When the digimon seemed so satisfied, as if he'd at last reached his full potential? Kev hugged himself, arms tense and shivering. A whimper escaped the alien, a final call in hopes that his wayward son would hear it and prove that this was just a horrible nightmare. "Nymby pimby! P-please...!" Reality came crashing down hard when the digimon did not appear, or even offer a call in response. Nowhere to be found. Nowhere to be seen. Few things could compare to the feeling of losing a child. Part of Kev's little heart broke. Unable to even think of what he was going to tell his co-parent friends, the alien wept harder than he had in a long, long time.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Caoineadh  UD6hGmr65/65Caoineadh  QVqUJop  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Caoineadh  Empty Re: Caoineadh

Post by Fear on Mon May 13, 2019 11:13 am

The cruelty of life, it seemed, had not changed.

A presence stirred in the ethereal void as it feverishly wandered from the smallest of minds, like that of the common ant, to the largest of arboreal beasts, roaming deeper and deeper into the woods. It touched every creature along its diligent path, embracing thoughts no matter how alien, and sifted between all the trees, groves, and reclusive nooks the Kindle Forest had to covet. The process was meticulous but thorough. Everything had its place. Everything had its purpose. No link in the chain remained undone or unfit in nature's grand scheme, right down to the very toadstool coalescing dew on its rosy cap. And yet...

"Nym! Nym, please answer me!"

And yet, something was irrevocably wrong. There was an absence - a severed thread somewhere in the tapestry - and a pang of overwhelming sorrow rippled across the land. Shadows raced beneath leafy canopies, back to home. Back to the ailing fragments of a broken heart.

"Kev," said a voice. It rumbled like the ominous din of low summer thunder, echoing throughout the meadow and caressing all that breathed. "Kev," it said again, filling the alien's ears. "Remember your training. Remember what you have learned." From the yawning darkness emerged a withered hand, and soon Fear now stood beside his grieving Keptoya, the spirit huddled close. It pained him. Oh how it pained him to witness such an unjust sight - to see Kev reduced to helpless tears; needless tears. But he, much like his loved one, was just as powerless in all matters ephemeral. Talons reached for the alien's shoulder and squeezed it fondly, a comforting aura easing into Kev's troubled mind. "Remember that lossss isss asss every much a part of life asss isss joy." It may not be much, these words, but they were as veritable as they were eternal. Neither he nor Kev were strangers to their wisdom.

A heavy weight fell upon the alien's body and shrouded him from the world's restless gaze; the unmistakable bulwark of a worn, tattered cape. "Come," Fear urged, assisting Kev off his feet. "Let usss return to the parlour, hm? I will make you a lovely ssspot of tea, jussst how you like, and we will ssshare in its sssimplicity." There was nothing to be gained staying out here, staring down at the reflection of a broken, crying man.
    Kev
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Kev on Wed May 15, 2019 8:10 pm

Dark and foreboding was the presence lingering in these woods. The forest was home to many a creature, after all. However, Kev knew this being like the back of his own hand. He was not surprised to feel the ghoul creeping close, searching with otherworldly eyes. He was, however, rather ashamed at his own sorry state. The alien sniffed, wiping away tear tracks from his cheeks in an attempt to keep a stiff upper lip. ...Despite not owning one! In the end it seemed to be for naught, as he could still feel wetness dripping down his face. He might have crumpled again if not for the voice that spoke from the shadows.

"Kev, Kev, Remember your training. Remember what you have learned."

A small sob escaped him, shoulders shaking as Kev lifted his watery gaze to behold the specter rising from his very own shadow. A frightful sight for most. Sanctuary for the Kryptonistanian. He reached, hands grasping hold of whatever he could and dragging himself closer. He curled against his lover, relief and love unabashedly flowing from the alien. It would no doubt be a respite for the ghoul, compared to the pain and heartache. "Keptoya...!" Of course Fear had come, for their psychic bond made it so that he'd never be caught unaware should anyone harm the scaly man. Just a shame that it seems the perpetrator was Nym. Face pressing against the ghoul, he leaned into the massive hand on his shoulder. A soothing aura flowed through his mind, like crisp water on a throbbing burn.

"Remember that lossss isss asss every much a part of life asss isss joy."

Yes... Unfortunate as it was, Kev couldn't deny the truth. Nym had brought great joy in his five years of life, but nothing lasted forever. It was very likely that none of his parents realized their time with him would only amount to five years but... Life was fickle that way. With one last shudder, he breathed in deeply. Remembering the techniques he'd been taught, the alien held it for a second before breathing out slowly. He repeated it once, twice, until tension had left his body and the tears were beginning to dry upon his face. "You're right, love... I know you are." To love is to undeniably open yourself up to great pain one day. To adopt a happy little digimon, was to understand that sometimes... Oh, sometimes... Things just don't work out. "I should... Think positive! Nym may be gone, and-...and I'll have to tell Zurg and A-aya..." None of which he was looking forward to. He gazed up at that bright helm, the glow in his own eyes more of a damp flicker as he mustered up that usual, Kevvy optimism. "But! I g-got to see him become a fully realized adult! N-not every parent can say that." Such a thing was truly a gift, even in this bitter time.

Tugging the cape around himself like a blanket, his slim fingers rubbed against the worn thing affectionately. With Fear's help, he stood up and the cape dwarfed him completely. It was quite heavy, and yet no less comforting. The alien seemed to bask in the weight upon his shoulders as he leaned against the ghoul. "T-thank you... I could use a good cuppa...!" His mind ached, his soul ached. His very emotions ached but Fear's presence was like the world's greatest pain killer. Leaving the cape to be clutched with one hand, the other sought out the ghoul's with a trembling fervor. Thin fingers laced far larger ones. "I-I'm so sorry for coming apart like that... It's unbecoming of a c-cadet. I'm happy you came for me though..." Unspoken but most definitely felt through their psychic connection was the sheer happiness he felt from knowing that Fear, loyal and dependable as always, was still there to wipe away his tears. He steadied himself with another deep inhale. "I'm ready when you are, love. We can even share those biscuits you like!" The lovely almond kind!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Fear on Mon May 20, 2019 5:01 pm

"I should... Think positive! Nym may be gone, and-...and I'll have to tell Zurg and A-Aya... But! I g-got to see him become a fully realized adult! N-not every parent can say that."

Alas...

Fear said nothing of his partner's bargaining, just as he said nothing of the digital monster's abandonment. Soon, there will be a place and time for judgement - of which there will be fury. The present was ill-fated for this, however, and instead the ghoul saw to Kev's needs, the first step to mending his broken heart a generous pot of heated tea. Today's palette called for something... uplifting. Tulsi, perhaps?

"It isss all right," he rasped, guiding them both inside the cottage's parlour. Whimsical chimes echoed and swayed in the light summer breeze, their home's cheerful interior a striking contrast to the afternoon's dreich mood. Fear ducked beneath the kitchen doorframe and gently urged the alien to have a seat at the table. "The losssss of a child, adopted or otherwissse, isss one of thossse griefsss that cannot be ssso eassssily disssmissssed, and not many are capable of remaining sssteadfassst during sssuch a time." Not even the helmeted superfiend, a Judge hardened by the grueling hellscape of Deadworld, could so assuredly claim that he'd keep a stony facade. Maybe, maybe... when he was younger and lost all earthly attachments, but it was better that the situation never came to pass than it was to tempt fate. Fine china clinked and wooden cupboards groaned as Fear prepped the tray. "We will tell the othersss in due time," he hissed, filling the kettle with water, "but for now, love, it isss best we nurssse our woundsss and recuperate."

There was no point in running to Zurg or Aya now when Kev, bless his scaly heart, hadn't the resolve to even leave the cottage. And calling them was absolutely right out, though it had never been on the table. The shambling cadaver placed the kettle on the hob to let it boil, returning his unwavering sights back to the tray while glancing at Kev every so often. "I am certain they will underssstand that the creature'sss disssappearance isss not your fault." If there was anyone Fear knew like the back of his decrepit hand, it was the alien - and that alien was undoubtedly blaming himself in some way. An almond biscuit found its way through the vents in Fear's helm.

Munch, munch...

"Nym left of hisss own volition, of thisss I am certain," he spoke, tone matter-of-fact. Was this box of treats stale, or had his bite been a little off? Damn his inability to taste! Fear grumbled and decided to chance it, arranging a loose floral pattern of cookies alongside the honey and milk. "Why? I've not a clue. But try not to find any fault in thisss either, Keptoya." As far as the ghoul was concerned, Kev shared no blame in this - any of this - leaving Nym the sole perpetrator. "You were a diligent caretaker - a great friend and an even greater father. The monssster had no needsss or wantsss under your jurisssdiction." That was the damn truth. And if anyone even so much as hinted otherwise, Fear was going to murder them - violently.
    Kev
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Kev on Thu May 23, 2019 4:32 pm

With Fear's cape still draped around his shoulders, Kev allowed himself to be guided back inside. He didn't have to duck to enter their cozy abode, easily navigating his way through even though it had been over a year since last they truly lived here. The layout was simply ingrained into him at this point! He took his place at the white wooden table that was seated before the front window. It gave him a lovely view of the sunny meadow. The alien glanced out and felt some of the weight on his shoulders lift when he caught sight of a happy sheep frolicking among the colorful flowers. With that pink wool, it could only be Glen! Rays of sunshine trickled through the window and onto his emerald scales. It made for a tasty snack as he patiently waited for the tea. Hands busied themselves with the edges of Fear's cape as he tore his gaze away from the bright and cheery outdoors to behold his ghoulish partner.

"You're right... No amount of training could really prepare me for something like this. Although I truly wish it could." A thought all parents had, no doubt. Wouldn't it be nice to prepare oneself for all of the potential woes of parenthood early? But that was life. It seldom came prepackaged and ready for you to deal with at your leisure. People just had to handle setbacks and experiences like these as they come and try to get through it. "I can promise you that I will be alright." Kev pledged softly, gaze soft and tender as he watched his hardworking lover get their tea started. "I will get through this. I will remain steadfast and loyal." The two of them had been through too much for the scaly man to crumble away now, right? Right!

For a moment, the alien sat quietly at the table and merely enjoyed the soft sound of kitchen activity. China clinking, wood shifting, water filling up the kettle. It was a lovely background noise, very therapeutic. Mindful not to get too distracted, he nodded his scaly noggin in firm agreement. "That'd be best, for us and for them." It'd do no good for them to go racing right away to tell Zurg and Aya when Kev was still dealing with the loss! The last thing they needed upon receiving such terrible news was for him to break down on them too! And a phone call was right out. Twisting a bit of fabric between his fingers, he heaved a small sigh. "There's really no rush... It's not like they were expecting a visit anytime soon, I'm sure." The digimon had become more... reclusive as he aged. Living on his own in the wilderness, visiting perhaps a handful of times a month if that. Any visit was always a treat! But it'd be a lie to say that Kev had never wished for a few more of them before this final good bye.

"I am certain they will underssstand that the creature'sss disssappearance isss not your fault."

Emerald scales turned several shades brighter, an embarrassed flush coming over the alien. He ducked his gaze to the floorboards as his fists clenched the cape snugly. "Mmngh..." While the water waited to boil and Fear sampled one of the almond biscuits, Kev smoothed over a few ruffled scales along his dome. "I-I know you're right... Really, I do. But now that he's gone I can't help but to go over the past five years and... And figure out how this could have ended differently, I guess." A truly fruitless venture. "I wasn't a perfect father, and I know I spoiled him in the beginning... But I tried my hardest to be loving, supportive... To always provide him a home and comfort him when he needed it."

"You were a diligent caretaker - a great friend and an even greater father. The monssster had no needsss or wantsss under your jurisssdiction."

Of course, external validation did wonders for the soul! Blushing for a different reason this time, Kev sneaked a coy look towards Fear's ever watchful post in front of the hob. "Thank you, Keptoya~. I needed to hear that." It felt all the more truthful, coming from the former Judge. His ghoulish lover had never steered him wrong! He never lied just to keep him happy. No, Fear kept him honest! And if he truly thought that Kev had been a wonderful parent... Then who was he to call the man a liar? "We all did our part, nobody had to pick up the slack from anybody else! And we always made time for him. Provided for him. These past five years haven't been perfect but... But they were a fantastic time. We did a good job!" Here's hoping Aya and Zurg wouldn't blame themselves for this... "I don't know why he did this now of all times or...or what I could have done to prevent it, but..." Shifting the cape to wrap around his middle like a blanket, the alien's spine straightened as he sat up properly at the table. "But thinking on it will only drive me mad and neither of us need that. For better or worse, what's done is done. My time is better spent with you." Starting, of course, with their lovely cuppa!

Fear
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Fear on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:34 pm

"You're right... No amount of training could really prepare me for something like this. Although I truly wish it could."

"Mm..." Fear could only respond with a hum of agreement. There was no greater teacher than life, as they say, and the only force in the universe even remotely equal was, alas, death. In both, they were forever to be the student. Wooden planks creaked and sighed as the helmeted ghoul turned about, tea tray in hand - and one that wasn't silver this time, thank the heavens. "I've no doubt about your conviction, Keptoya," did he answer, carrying the proper trimmings over. Fear set them down carefully, tugging on the tray's edges for that picture-perfect angle, and eyed Kev from across the table, the ghoul's gnarled back hunched over and rigid. "The woundsss are ssstill fresssh," he rasped, "and yoursss will not heal for quite sssome time. However, thisss will need to be addresssed sssooner than later. Methinksss, fate permitting, we ssshould inform the othersss within a week'sss passssing. Anything longer may ssseem asss an offenssse." While there was no rush, there was the looming importance that Nym's guardianship was shared by two others. The horned alien and the vampiress had every much a right to know of the digital monster's actions as Kev did.

...Though, there was also no telling how either of them would react to the unfortunate news. "Hm... We can ponder a sssuitable courssse of action later," Fear murmured. "Right now, it isss time for tea, and you will not be leaving thisss room until you've had your fill." Judge's orders!

"Mmngh... I-I know you're right... Really, I do. But now that he's gone I can't help but to go over the past five years and... And figure out how this could have ended differently, I guess. I wasn't a perfect father, and I know I spoiled him in the beginning... But I tried my hardest to be loving, supportive... To always provide him a home and comfort him when he needed it."

The ghoul shook his armoured head. "To wonder sssuch unknownsss isss folly," he said. "Barring incredible psssychic talentsss, even beyond the ssscope of my own, you will never have the anssswersss you ssseek. Ergo, you mussst look to the hopesss of the future inssstead of the woesss of the passst, and underssstand that you gave the creature every ounce of your heart. Thisss isss why hisss departure hurtsss, no?" And while the superfiend had long since abandoned his heart, he couldn't ignore the fact that Kev's was aching. Oh how Fear would love nothing more than to clobber Nym into a bloody mess of data and fleshy pulp...

"Hmph." He stiffly about-faced and stood vigil over the teapot, violent tendencies ebbing with the passage of time. "That'sss the ssspirit, lad. You did your part - we all did - and we can ressst well knowing it wasss not us who made the choice to abandon one'sss family." The ethereal lights of Fear's eyes burned hotly. "In that, Keptoya, it isss Nym who will have to live with hisss ssselfisssh deedsss."

Ah! But that was enough brooding for one afternoon.

Grasping the teapot firmly with both hands, full well unable to feel the blistering heat of hot ceramic, Fear brought it over with nary a delay and filled the alien's mind with innocent song. One could almost imagine the smile gracing his eldritch face. "Mm~! Now, enough of that unpleasssant busssinessss," he hissed. "How about a cuppa to bid the doldrumsss away?"
    Kev
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Kev on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:30 pm

Gaze shifting to his lover as he approached with the tray, Kev couldn't help but to breathe in the aroma of freshly brewed tea and all the fixings. Fear's patient faith in his convictions was... uplifting. The edges of the alien's eyes crinkled affectionately, staring across the table at his looming beau. Hunched as he was, dwarfing the wicker furniture, Kev wanted nothing more than to hold the ghoul close. After a proper cuppa would be best. They had no big plans for the day after all! Before such a bombshell, their schedule for the day was getting settled and comfortable in the cottage again. A couple of days to take it easy, that was that they both sorely needed.

"However, thisss will need to be addresssed sssooner than later. Methinksss, fate permitting, we ssshould inform the othersss within a week'sss passssing. Anything longer may ssseem asss an offenssse."

"..." Kev's gaze fell down to the tray, staring into the tray of biscuits as if they held the answers. It wasn't that he disagreed with his beloved partner. Far from it, actually! He was in full agreement! It was just...difficult, to imagine himself doing it. The hardest thing up to this point had been breaking the news to Zurg and Aya that Nym had died during a mysterious encounter. Then, that his egg had resurfaced and yet the digimon inside had disappeared into the woods. But now? This was...final. The alien did not look forward to breaking the hearts of two wonderful friends. Zurg, at least, he was confident would pull through in one piece. Like Kev, he'd need his time to mourn. But Aya... His small hands clasped together, squeezing lightly. The vampiress had been severely wounded by the death of her nephew. She had...never been the same after. She only ever seemed to lose people, without gaining many back. Flash Man broke up with her over a letter and then bounced out of her life. Sonia and Tally had once been her friends as well, and they'd left her high and dry too. How much more loss could the elegant woman take before it was just too much? He didn't want to find out, but... It would indeed be far worse to wait too long. Far crueler, to leave them unaware of Nym's disappearance. They deserved to know.

With a deep breath in, he steeled his nerves and nodded in firm agreement. "Within a week sounds right. But, we can talk about that later." As much as Kev tried to prepare himself for such an undertaking, he was truly happy for the distraction of tea time. "Right now, I've got my orders and that means it's time to drink!" The minutia of how exactly he would break the news to his friends could come later. He reached for a napkin and settled it upon his lap in preparation.

"Barring incredible psssychic talentsss, even beyond the ssscope of my own, you will never have the anssswersss you ssseek. Ergo, you mussst look to the hopesss of the future inssstead of the woesss of the passst, and underssstand that you gave the creature every ounce of your heart. Thisss isss why hisss departure hurtsss, no?"

Focusing on the past was folly. It was such a good past, Kev truly enjoyed being a father to Nym. That was exactly why this was so painful, as the astute ghoul had stated. Holidays spent with cheer, affection that was shared with love. Every reassurance the digimon received, all the advice he'd been given. The swell of pride in his chest for how strong and capable his son had been. All of it felt so amazing, and yet now had an ache to it with his loss. But... This was not the end. Barring the development of the future, he had two more 'children' to look after. There was still a family here, even if one member was gone. Holidays would come and provide more opportunities to share love. Fear would be a steadfast figure in his future as well, something the alien believed with all of his heart. "To the future, Keptoya~! To the future. Our's is still ever so bright." His scaly little heart swelled.

Protective instincts were surging from the ghoul like mad. It was clear that Kev's pain affected him much the way it always did! Psychic powers made Fear intimately aware of his lover's emotions, which meant he knew exactly how much the digimon had harmed his loving parent. And would continue to harm his other two parents. It wasn't easy for the alien to condemn his son or be mad at him... But this moment was an exception. The alien highly doubted the digimon would return after such a mistake, but should he reappear... It would be to a rude awakening. Such selfishness couldn't be ignored, not when it made people suffer. Not when it made his devoted parents suffer. They had, all of them, been the best they could have been. He sincerely believed that! The smaller alien nodded, a disappointed flicker of fire in his blue eyes. "Wherever he is, wherever he's gone to, you're right. He'll have to live with this on his conscience. But there's no reason for me, for us, to feel responsible." A hard thing to admit! But...there it was.

Ah, tea time it was! Kev was content to put such unpleasantness on the back-burner as he sat up straighter in his seat. Any leftover sadness or despair over the situation was swept away by the innocent song and cushiony soft vibes the ghoul was sending into his mind. Brooding would do no good, nor stewing. Only steeping was in order here, the steeping of tea! Scaly hands reached for his cuppa, lifting it for the ghoul to pour into as he offered a nod. Although he could not smile, his eyes seemed to pass along the effect somehow as the edges of them crinkled and turned upwards. "There's nothing I need more right now, than a soothing cuppa with you, love~."

Fear
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Fear on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Aha! Was that the crippling sensation of dread asphyxiating the room, or was Kev just making a mountain out of a molehill? "Chin up, lad!" Fear encouraged with a mighty boom of his otherworldly voice. The whole cottage shook and then some, but nothing more than fine china rattled in their cupboards. He finally took his seat and crumpled into it with all the grace and uncanniness of a dying spider. "It'sss not asss terrible asss it appearsss," the ghoul rasped, starting with his Keptoya's drink first. Porcelain delicately clinked and soon the table began to smell heavenly, the tiny kitchen impossibly brightening. The striking aroma of fresh tea leaves... the zesty allure of ripe lemon... Hell, even the sickeningly-sweet addition of honey couldn't ruin this wonderful medley! "Here you are, love," Fear poured the alien his rightful cuppa. "Careful, it isss hot."

"To the future, Keptoya~! To the future. Our's is still ever so bright."

The ghoul raised his own teacup in a show of solidarity. "I'll drink to that," he hissed before taking a delicate sip. Though the 'future' was ever murky, Fear had absolute faith that both he and Kev would ride whatever storm came menacing their way. In life, they were resolute. And in death, they were tempered. Truly, what greater honour was there?

"There isss absssolutely no reassson." Fear added just a pinch of lemon into his drink before giving it a light stir. And yes, his rigid pinkie was out (albeit ghastly curled). "If you were a neglectful parent - abusssive, even - then I would have wordsss with thee. Asss it ssstandsss, however, you were no sssuch thing. Neither you, the horned alien, nor even Misssss Valentine." There was really no rhyme or reason for why Nym had left, but did there need be? The digital monster was gone and that, as they say, was sadly that. The implications spoke for themselves. Fear savoured his drink for a bit and lowered it once satisfied. "I am certain the othersss will underssstand," he reassured his troubled partner. "It will hurt, yesss. Perhapsss deeply ssso. But none of you carry any blame in thisss matter. The bessst you can do isss grieve, take a moment'sss ressspite, and then carry on. Thisss wound will heal in time, like the many before it." Such were the melancholy affairs of life. Alas...

A biscuit snapped in half betwixt Fear's teeth. Crunch! Damn, if only the helmeted cadaver possessed the ability to taste! He'll just have to make do piggybacking off Kev's senses. "How isss the tea? Good, I hope. I tried to ssselect the fressshessst blend available, but you know my limitationsss." The leaves had certainly sounded crisp! "In cassse you are curiousss, it isss tulsssi tea," Fear explained. "I prefer a robussst black tea, but thisss one ssseemed more... appropriate, given the circumssstancesss. They sssay it hasss a peppery aroma and a ssspiced flavour. What sssay you, love?"

Hopefully experimenting with the tea cabinet hadn't backfired on the poor ghoul...
    Kev
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Kev on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:34 pm

"Chin up, lad!"

Jumping Jack-a-lopes! There were times when Fear's encouragement was very... enthusiastic. The cottage walls shook, china in the cupboards rattled, but no harm had come from the ghoul's boisterous voice. The scaly man himself winced slightly at the volume. He was still attentive to his lover's words, however, blinking curiously as he watch the man make their drinks. "You're right. I'm just overthinking. Things always seem worse in the immediate aftermath. I'm sure that this time tomorrow, it won't feel so... intense." Unfortunately, there were other matters to concern since Nym had other parents, but that was a job for future-Kev! Scaly nostrils twitched and sniffed the calming aroma of tea leaves. Zesty lemon sneaking its way into his nose. Deliciously sweet honey offering a tease! Both hands reached for the cuppa, mindful of the heat and yet taken in by it. He set the cup down on the table, head looming over it as he let the tasty steam roam over his scales. "Mmm...~ Thank you, Keptoya. It smells delicious!" Since it was still rather hot, Kev's left hand busied itself by fanning his drink lightly. He only paused to briefly lift his cup in solidarity with Fear, head dipping lightly.

Of course, the ghoul's iron clad belly and undead lips allowed him to immediately sip his delightful concoction. Lucky man, although it reminded Kev to be mindful next time his lover turned human. Nobody wanted to spend their lucky few days human with burnt taste buds! As he waited to sample his own cup, the alien noticed that the smell wasn't quite their usual blend! Not the thick taste of black, nor anything fruity or floral. How curious! There was a hint of spice, but it wasn't autumn yet! Before he could ponder on it for much longer, his gaze lifted to regard Fear's iron helm.

"I don't doubt that. You're always great at keeping me honest, and that would include making sure I'm not neglectful, abusive, or just some deadbeat. And besides, I think if I were that sort of slime, you'd want nothing to do with me." Fear was many things, but he would not suffer such behavior in someone he was close to. It was disgusting, undignified! Horribly unbecoming of any cadet. Alas, at least if they had been awful parents, this would be easier to understand. With three loving parents, however, it did make Nym's leaving all the more puzzling. Kev traced the tip of his finger around the brim of his cup thoughtfully. "Yes... And, at least all three of us are still here for each other. We'll each know and understand how the other feels. I'm hoping that together, we'll be able to move forward and heal! Plus, Zurg has Jo and I have you!" And Aya had... a cat or something? Eesh... Sighing softly through his nose, the alien crossed one knee over the other. "Time will definitely help, and... I hope that the holidays won't be too hard without him. If it's okay with you, Keptoya, I'd still like to celebrate Thanksgiving with Zurg, Jo, and Aya. Even if we don't have a son tying us together anymore... I see them as family. I don't want that to go away just because..." He trailed off, still uncertain about ending that sober little sentence.

"How isss the tea?"

Whoops! Tugging the drink a tad closer, Kev chuckled bashfully. "S-sorry, I was letting it cool. But I'll do a little taste-test! I was wondering which blend it was, the tea didn't quite smell like our usual! Which is fine, variety is the spice of life after all!" And spice was certainly right! Dabbing his finger into the warm tea, his scales reflexively bristling. Although he was sensitive to spices, this one seemed to be more tolerable! The tea went down smooth, each scale settling back into place as Kev let out an appreciative trill. "I like it! It's new, different... I can definitely sense the spiced flavor, but it's a good one. Like the spiced apple tea! It's strong and very refreshing." Eyeballing the plate of biscuits, he reached forward and delicately plucked one for himself. "And I think it'll go swimmingly with a good crispy biscuit!" Mimicking the ghoul, Kev's pinkie stuck out, considerably less gnarled, as he dipped it into his drink like a posh alien. "Not something I could drink everyday like our black tea, but something nice to have every so often." And, sensing that his partner had been yearning to sample an actual biscuit, the scaly man rubbed a bit of crumbling biscuit against the smooth scales. Damp and almost coarse, but flavorful as it mixed with the tea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:01 pm