Welcome to the Collision of Worlds...

Honor Thy Father

Kev
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Honor Thy Father UD6hGmr0/0Honor Thy Father QVqUJop  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    Honor Thy Father 80ZXdcG650/650Honor Thy Father QVqUJop  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    Honor Thy Father NlcFHJD120/120Honor Thy Father QVqUJop  (120/120)

Honor Thy Father Empty Honor Thy Father

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:51 pm

Time: 10 AM
    Date: April 28, 0009

A week maximum had been suggested by his lover. He didn't quite make the entire week, which was for the best! He spent the last few days at the cottage, curled up with his partner and taking it easy. They relaxed. They watched the telly and read their favorite books. Even did some knitting! Being back in their quaint little home also did a lot for his tiny heart, giving him a space of comfort as he adjusted to the unhappy news. Today would be the day however, and so he walked to the store with Fear. Only once it had been all set up and ready for the day, did Kev part ways with a tight hug, a peck on the cheek, and mental caresses through their mental bond.

In the past nine years, Kev had made many visits to 4224 Monitor Lane. Never before had such dread clung to the alien's heart as he plodded down the sidewalk. It felt like ink was sticking to the bottom of his shoes. No matter what, he would persist. The alien had to be honest with himself and with his closest friends. He decided to go to Zurg and Jo first. Of the two, he figured that Zurg would cope best with the information. Maybe it'd be a good idea to get the hardest out of the way, but he didn't feel very confident about it. And besides, Aya was probably snoozing at the moment. Zurg it was!

"Mmm..." Poor Zurgy Kins... Kev sighed to himself softly, and tried to cycle his breathing as best he could. In and out... Deep breathes... No matter what, this was for the best. Better to get it over with now than weeks from now. His co-parents and friends deserved to know. Hands clenching firmly at his white shirt, the scaly man stood before the little blue home in his cozy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. A straw hat was situated upon his dome with a shimmery sky blue ribbon around it. This was it. All sense of ill ease melted away in the face of his friend's home. Step by step, he approached the door and raised his hand towards the wood. His arm tensed, and he rapped his knuckles firmly.

Knock knock knock!

Here's hoping this wasn't a bad time...!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Zurg
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Honor Thy Father UD6hGmr65/65Honor Thy Father QVqUJop  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Honor Thy Father Empty Re: Honor Thy Father

Post by Zurg on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:17 am

Life transpired as it usually did.

There was work, and there was rest. There was excitement, and there was lethargy. There was happiness, and there was pain. In all of life's truths, Zurg learned better than to twist the hands of fate and simply be content with the hand he was given.

"Jo, have you seen my reading glasses?"

"They're where you always leave 'em, Big Z - on the recliner next to your towering stack of books!"

"Hmph... thanks."

April 28th was an ordinary day just like any other; a Sunday where the horned monarch found his glasses, grabbed the nearest book on his ever-growing mountain of reading material, and sat down in his favourite chair. He flipped the book over carefully and blew the dust off its laminated face. "Ah, 'To Kill a Mockingbird'..." he muttered quietly, studying its [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with tired, red eyes. An Earth book, Zurg had since grown a fondness for the media and literature of a bygone world that delighted in the taboo. Bigotry, dystopian futures, the alienating concept of the 'other'... There was a time where one could find such works in the many vast, sprawling libraries of the Galactic Alliance; where the colorful histories and damning mistakes of one culture were easily studied and subsequently avoided by another. Since the 'unification', however, there had been very little in power who wanted to revisit, and ultimately learn, from those dark, troubling times. It was deemed too upsetting... too controversial, and thus did the Galactic Alliance go through great lengths to bury all such blemishes. "Their loss," Zurg chuckled. He rested snugly into his recliner and crossed one leg over the other, hunkering down for a good hour of solid reading.

Knock knock knock!

...Or not. That was fine, too.

"Mm..." A visitor? On a Sunday? The alien huffed and removed his glasses with thinly-veiled irritation. "Jo, are you expecting anybody today? A delivery, or client, or something?" he asked. Odd, considering she would have told him, but...

"Hm...? No, why? Is there someone at the door?"

Welp, that solves that.

Zurg resigned himself with a sigh and pushed himself off the recliner, standing with a loud crackle of his knees. "I thought not," he answered, setting his book down, "but there's someone at the door. I'll get it." If it was a solicitor, for overpriced goods or for their souls, the alien was going to be as unpleasant as possible. Unwanted marketers were just the worst! He tidied his appearance with a curt grunt and soon approached the front door, peering through a conservative sliver to lock eyes not with a no-good salesman but - "...Kev!" Well this was unexpected. The alien pulled the door wide and treated the smaller man with more hospitality. "It's, um, good to see you, as always. You're looking fairly, ah, fashionable, too." Zurg added. Ugh! Had the monarch's social skills deteriorated that far...?

He exhaled and beckoned Kev inside. "Please, come in," the taller alien urged. "If you'd like something to drink, we'd be more than happy to accommodate you. Take your shoes off if you'd like, too."

A familiar voice echoed from the back of the house. "Who was it?"

"Pardon me." Zurg excused himself and looked off to the side, "It's Kev, Jo. Would you kindly get him something to drink?"

"Aw, Kevvykins~! I'll get you something in a jiffy, Kev! You too, Big Z! It'll just be in a lil' sec, promise. I'm washing Homo!"

Mrrrrroooooow...!

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:06 pm

Waiting anxiously for an answer, Kev's feet shuffled on the doorstep. He could barely hear a faint murmur of sound beyond the door, which was a good sign! That meant somebody was home! Confident that his friends were home, the alien pulled on the ends of his shirt to straighten it out and remove any wrinkles that may have been caused by the walk over. When he raised his gaze back to the door, blue eyes peeking from beneath his hat, he could spy Zurg's intense eyes through the sliver in the door.

"...Kev! t's, um, good to see you, as always. You're looking fairly, ah, fashionable, too."

An awkward greeting, but nevertheless appreciated. Seeing in friend in full glory beyond the sliver in the door seemed to cast off any lingering fears or doubts like cobwebs being dusted away. Kev chuckled softly and leaned his weight upon one hip flamboyantly. "I try my best! Thanks for noticing, Zurg, and it's great to see you too!" Upon being beckoned in, the alien obeyed with a soft nod and easily stepped out of his shoes. Setting them near the door, he righted himself to give Zurg a friendly squint. On his little scaly feet were a pair of white socks covered in black paw prints. Before he could say anything more, however, a familiar voice called from the back of the house.

"Aw, Kevvykins~! I'll get you something in a jiffy, Kev! You too, Big Z! It'll just be in a lil' sec, promise. I'm washing Homo!"

!!!

"Jo-Jo bean!" He shifted in place, sock covered toes wriggling as his black pupils grew to large round circles that threatened to take over the alien's eyes. "I don't need anything complicated, just some water would be great since it's so hot out! Maybe lemonade if you have it?" Washing Homo? "Good luck with that!" He called back with a soft snort. Washing a cat was not easy, particularly not a saucy feline like her! He turned back to his friend, and the initial excitement of seeing his friends again ebbed as Kev remembered why exactly he had come. There was no need for this visit to be all depression and horrible news, though. Right? Approaching his friend respectfully, the scaly man opened his slender arms widely. "Fancy a hug, Zurgy wurgy? I hope I didn't interrupt anything, besides Homo's little bath. I know I didn't exactly call ahead..." He winced, realizing just how rude it was to just pop in like this. At least his friends were understanding enough that this wasn't a deal-breaker.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Zurg
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Oh good, Kev had the decency to take off his shoes. Now a certain purple people-eater won't have to crack out the vacuum later tonight. "Careful. Any rounder, and your eyes are going to be mistaken for flying saucers," Zurg teased. Flamboyant mannerisms aside, their scaly little friend seemed to be in slightly-less-than-fantastic-but-certainly-decent-enough spirits. Which could only mean one thing, and Zurg was going to get to the bottom of said thing. But first...

"Fancy a hug, Zurgy wurgy? I hope I didn't interrupt anything, besides Homo's little bath. I know I didn't exactly call ahead..."

"Oh, I suppose," the taller of the two ding-dongs feigned a sigh, his crimson eyes directed wearily at the heavens. Zurg casually approached his friend and enveloped that snek-snak of a man into a mighty hug. Mind the blubber, Kev, or you'll find a few vertebrae in places they shouldn't be. "No, you didn't interrupt anything," he answered, releasing Kev from his iron-glad grasp. Zurg gestured to his favourite recliner with a carefree wiggle his reading glasses. "I was about to sit down and read, as I am wont to do on this fine Sunday morning, but I'm sure it can wait. Though a warning would have been nice." And preferred, but no use crying over spilled milk. "Ah well... can't win 'em all, eh?" The alien looked back at his friend and rested one hand on his hip, musing. Time for the jugular because daylight was burning and Zurg wasn't a fan of pussyfooting. "Now, I take it you've something to tell us, and I can wager a guess that whatever it is, it isn't pleasant. Am I hot or am I cold, Kev?"

Thump... Thump... Thump...

A familiar pair of brown eyes and heavy boots entered the room as if on cue, Jo having officially arrived on the scene - and to Kev's rescue, apparently! She instantly squinted at her grumbling sourpuss, tray of ice-cold drinks in hand. "Really, Big Z?" the mechanic spoke up. "This is the first time we've had Kev over in eons, and you immediately jam him up for the goods? Give the poor guy a break! And speaking of our guest of the hour...~!" Kev soon found a glass of refreshing lemonade in his scaly mitts, made with tender love, care, and whatever else a growing Kevvykins needs. It even had a little lemon wedge dangling off the glass' rim! "It's so good to see you!" Jo practically chirped. She sneaked in a one-armed hug and was simply all smiles, face aglow with rosy blush. "We hope you've been doing well! It's been a while, huh? How's the family? Your ever-growing menagerie of pets?"

"Mm..." That damn Jo, always coming in to steal his thunder! Zurg huffed and he puffed as he accepted his glass of water. "I wouldn't say I 'jammed' him up," he retorted, stirring the straw with a small pout. "It was simply a question, that's all. A question born of an observation. Is that a crime?"

Oho, a challenge...

Jo responded with a playful roll of her eyes and an exaggerated face. "No, Big Z, it's not a crime," she answered with the thickest of insolence. "But you sure as heck need to refine your social skills~! I think you've been cooped up for too long... It's made you paaaainfully awkward."

"Refine my social skills...!? Mine!?" Don't freak out if you see Zurg's eyes flare, Kev. His aggravation was mostly just for show. Mostly. "Bah! You wouldn't know social skills if they hopped into a burrito and gave you constipation." A fate easily ten times worse than dipping feet-first into a crystallic fusion reactor, sans the socks! He took a sip of his water, pleased at their tit-for-tat, and the drink seemed to cool Zurg's thrusters for the time being; or, well, until Jo traded another irresistible barb. "See what I have to put up with?" he asked his friend, glass pointed in Jo's direction (she wiggled her fingers and blow them both a cheeky kiss). "I get no respect, I tell you. None! I certainly hope your shambling cadaver of a boyfriend doesn't go tap-dancing all over your green piggly-wigglies with a ten-ton mallet..."

"Holy pulsars, you are such a drama llama!" Jo rolled her eyes (for real this time) and took this as an opportunity to guzzle her own glass of lemonade, glaring lukewarm daggers over its rim. "Ten-ton mallet..." she grumbled into the ice cubes. "I'll show you a ten-ton mallet, and then I'll turn your purple little yams into purple little paste."

...Ooh, now that sent shivers up Zurg's spine. How delectably evil~!

Kev
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Kev on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:44 pm

"Ooh, flying saucers. Then I'd be a proper alien like you, eh?" Kev teased right on back, chuckling softly. This felt nice, like slipping on an old pair of shoes! After all these years, he knew ol' Zurg like the back of his hand. Which also meant that he knew the burlier alien was no moron. He had to know that something was up. But that could be handled later! The scaly alien took to that hug like a duck to water. His own arms snaked around the other alien's broader chest and gave him a squeeze! Leaning into the hug and seeming to absorb it into his very scales, Kev was a tad disappointed when they separated. "Right, a warning..." He sighed, body language drooping for a moment. Such was the polite thing to do. "I'm sorry about that, Zurg. May I ask what you're reading?" If he couldn't properly warn Zurg to avoid interrupting his reading, he could at least let his friend talk a bit about what he was enjoying his time with!

"Now, I take it you've something to tell us, and I can wager a guess that whatever it is, it isn't pleasant. Am I hot or am I cold, Kev?"

Ay, chihuahua! From 0 to 100 in no time. The smaller alien winced, body tensing as if he had been physically struck by the other's blunt words. He knew Zurg wasn't a moron, but holy crap! He just went right into it, without a warning! ...Hm, perhaps that was tit for tat in hindsight. Still, Kev couldn't help a soft sigh before he was saved by Jo. "You're boiling hot." Discussing such unpleasantness was put off for the moment at least! Feisty as always, Jo Pistonne was a spitfire he sorely missed. A glass of lemonade was deftly placed into his hand, and Kev's other arm looped around his friend in a one armed hug. Aah, she was so warm! "I'm so happy to see you too! This drink feels amazing, by the way!" The cool condensation tickled at the scales of his hands, promising a tasty treat inside! And they even had a nifty lemon~! All that was missing was the umbrella.

"I'm alright! The family's doing great, we actually just moved back out to the cottage for the summer!" He chuckled as he released Jo. "The menagerie's holding up well too! Did I ever tell you about our latest little member, the chicken? She's a hoot! And how have you two been? How're the fluffy ones? Did Homo give you any trouble during her bath?" As the two quibbled together over awkward social skills, Kev was content to watch as he nursed his lemonade. Mm, so refreshing...! "Ohoho, I see alright. And as the objective third party, I think you two are both pretty awkward when you wanna be, and thus perfect for each other!" A match made in awkward heaven!

"I get no respect, I tell you. None! I certainly hope your shambling cadaver of a boyfriend doesn't go tap-dancing all over your green piggly-wigglies with a ten-ton mallet..."

"He only does that when I deserve it! Like if I put off something important or try to stay up late on a work night. Then he pulls out the mallet for my tootsies and reminds me that I'm his cadet!"  Kev joined in easily, snickering like a gremlin all the way! His hands still busy with his drink, the scaly man sighed like a lovestruck fool. He truly did appreciate that Fear kept him honest! And it was clear that Jo and Zurg certainly kept each other... something. Amused, perhaps? Entertained? Whatever it was, it clearly did wonders as the purple alien seemed to enjoy the idea of Jo squishing his toes into jam! Gross... "You two are so silly together, but I love it!" Nudging a float ice cube, a small sigh seemed to work its way down Kev's spine and through his shoulders. "I don't mind Zurg jamming me up though. He's...unfortunately right on the money as I do have something unpleasant to share. Despite that, I really just want to spend time with you guys too, so it won't be all bad news! It's just been a rough several months...and I'm sorry that I didn't come sooner."

Zurg
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:08 pm

"Ooh, flying saucers. Then I'd be a proper alien like you, eh?"

Sometimes, Zurg didn't know why he put up with Kev's 'eekum bokum' humour. "Mm, yes," he listlessly replied, staring ahead with the flattest of gazes. "A proper alien - with flying saucers, ray guns, incomprehensible instruments of otherworldly dissection, and ominous theremin music. Oh, and the bovine. Can't skip a classic prank." For the record, moozle-napping had indeed been a lesser crime oftentimes perpetrated by bored punks or wranglers looking for a quick buck, but never had Zurg brought himself so low, so baseless, as to sully his impeccable evil record with childish shenanigans (ahem). Stealing Lightyear's newspaper was a perfectly valid use of nefarious resources!

"As for what I'm reading, it's just an Earth book," he answered, patting Kev on the back. Chin up, you primitive lifeform! Whatever terrible news you carried, it couldn't be any worse than what Zurg's suffered throughout these long, trying ten years. The confirmation only steeled his resolve and Zurg chuckled. Well, if today was going to be ruined, it might as well be ruined with dignity. "Boiling, eh? Oh goody, I just can't wait to hear what misery you have for us now, Kev. Tell me, tell me... Who up and vanished this time? Don't try and sugarcoat it; we've all been through this tiresome song and dance many a time, so cough it up. Was it one of those pesky Cybertronians? Perhaps the Queen of Avalon herself? Oh, oh! How about - ?"

Whap!

You're welcome, Kev.

One decent swat to Zurg's arm was enough to silence the insensitivity dancing on his tongue. "Nah-ah-ah!" Jo chided, waving a finger. "Kev's got the news, so let Kev be the one to tell it." Honestly! Big Z sees one of his best friends and all social etiquette goes right out the window. The mechanic released a faint sigh and spoke over her sourpuss' grumbling. "Some habits just never change, hm~?" she winked. You can take the Evil Emperor out of his evil empire, but you can't always do the same in reverse. "Anyway! We're really glad to hear you and your family have been doing well, Kev! And no, we didn't hear about your newest family member, but we hope your chicken is doing well, too~!" Though, didn't those cluck? Maybe it was Kev's attempt at wordplay. Jo weaved in a quick peck on the alien's scaly brow and gave him an enthusiastic thumbs up. "We've been doing great, all things considered!" Jo said. "When we're not working or kicking it back, we're happily taking siestas with the kitties~! Though, as you can see, Big Z needs to get out more."

That earned a bit of dissent. "In my defense," Zurg mumbled, "I've nothing in common with the current populace at large. They do their thing and I do mine. Simple as that." There was, of course, another reason (and one too close for comfort), but no need to compound today's ill omen. Kev's presence facilitated the monarch's fears well enough.

"You two are so silly together, but I love it!"

Jo put on a brave smile - for the both of them. Even she was apprehensive of the grim tidings Kev brought to their quaint little home on 4224 Monitor Lane. "Keeps us young~!" she giggled. "And glad to hear we're not the only kooky couple on the block! ...Though, we don't really smash each other's toes. Big Z's just melodramatic with his words, as always." The alien loudly snorted. "If she did, I'd promptly beach myself like a whale, right there on the sidewalk, and let the local fauna have their way with my toe-less corpse. Oh, the Cardigans will never let Jo hear the end of it." Point in case, thank you, Big Z...

She rolled her eyes and took a looooong swig of lemonade, savouring the zest as it worked its way down. "Don't feel bad," Jo said, stirring her straw. "We know this isn't easy for you, Kev. Craters, it isn't easy for us. Whatever you came here to say, know that we're not gonna go supernova."

"Yes," Zurg chimed in. "Those days are long, long over, so speak freely. And, for what it's worth, we're glad you're still with us. This place wouldn't be the same without you."

A shade of rose blossomed throughout Jo's face. "Mm~! Ditto on that one, 100%!"

Progress!

Kev
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Kev on Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:41 pm

Without missing a beat, Kev raised a finger and squinted his eyes in a smug manner. "You forgot the crop circles. That's the most classic of alien pranks!" If this kept up, the scaly man might find himself picked up by the seat of his pants and ejected from the house! Best not to get too obnoxious. Tempting as it may be... Aside from that 'correction', the alien reigned himself in and squinted up at his host and friend as if he were the best behaved guest in the history of the Breach! "Ooh, I like Earth books! Fear has introduced me to quite a few, especially because he needs my eyes to read them." The purple alien was a well read person. Whatever his book was, it was likely impressive! And absolutely one that Fear had read.

"Boiling, eh? Oh goody, I just can't wait to hear what misery you have for us now, Kev. Tell me, tell me... Who up and vanished this time? Don't try and sugarcoat it; we've all been through this tiresome song and dance many a time, so cough it up. Was it one of those pesky Cybertronians? Perhaps the Queen of Avalon herself? Oh, oh! How about - ?"

Perhaps it was naive of him to assume that Zurg wouldn't go directly for the belly like that. The alien used to be an Evil Emperor after all! Still, Kev couldn't help staring up at his friend with wide eyes, a shocked expression in them. Not a hint of fear, but just... surprise and a touch of melancholy. Thank goodness for Jo, because if the alien's next guess was right on the money then the alien probably would have cringed into the carpet and curled up like a pill bug! His body sagged with relief, little wrinkles showing beneath his eyes as he huffed a soft sigh. "Jo-Jo bean, you are a life saver." Old habits such as interrogations, he assumed! Still, there were no hard feelings as the scaly man leaned into Jo's peck and trilled softly. "She's enjoying her own private coop, that's for sure! Livewire was especially taken by her when I brought her home. Gave her a really long name that I don't remember completely. I just call her Fluffles!" Odd name for a hen, but it suited her. "Mm, siestas sound enjoyable~!" Goodness knows these two had earned some rest!

"In my defense, I've nothing in common with the current populace at large. They do their thing and I do mine. Simple as that."

Oh? Kev tilted his head to the side curiously but remained mum. It was hardly the first time Zurg had ever expressed such a view, but the alien didn't expect that the other would still retain such a view. Didn't it get lonely? Didn't he crave more company? Ah, but remembering the nature of his visit sobered the scaly man up. Perhaps Zurg's way made sense. Even if he simply couldn't leave well enough alone and still attached himself to the populace at large, not everybody could! "Oh, I know! Fear doesn't actually smash mine either, after all! The most he's done is maybe pinch the side of my head..." Otherwise, his retaliation was a bark of orders such as 20 sit ups. "Eew..." Cringing softly, he nevertheless laid a friendly hand on the other alien's brawny arm. "You're a real poet, you know that? Truly." It'd be impressive if it weren't so... disturbing. Those poor Cardigans would certainly have something to cluck about!

All jokes aside, Jo and Zurg both made sure to voice their confidence in Kev, assuring him that they weren't going to go nuclear and kick him out of the house after he gave his bad news. Not that he ever thought they would but... It still made him feel a lot better. Dread was leaving his scaly little heart, no longer concerned about the reactions his friends would have. Now, he just worried for their hearts. He folded both hands over his own little heart, feeling it pound within his own skull. "I'm glad I'm still here too. This place is my home, and it will always be my home. The two of you aren't just friends, you're like family and that's why... This is so hard. I hope that we can still be a family even though..." Here it comes, the truth at last. Steeling his nerves, the reptilian breathed out shakily. "E-even though Nym has...disappeared. Fear and I, we looked everywhere. I searched the forest a-and F-fear, he. He used his powers, and. He's gone. He's just gone and I don't know why and I am so sorry..." Saying it aloud was like reliving the discovery and so the alien shut his eyes tightly. Whether to avoid seeing their faces or to keep from breaking into tears, he wasn't entirely sure.

Zurg
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:15 pm

The corners of Zurg's eyes twitched. "Oh right... those." Urge to strangle his lovable-but-obnoxious friend, rising! "Well, at least one of you reads," he remarked offhandedly. Don't take this personally, Kev, but... you're kind of an idiot. Truly, what would your backwater, mud hole of a planet comprehend about higher-learned concepts such as 'law' and 'order'? Absolutely nothing, that's what, because your people hardly crawled out of the proverbial ooze! ...Oops, Zurg's imperialistic nature was showing. Right then! Better put a quick stop to that, lest Kev finds himself toiling away to the bone in a rock quarry by the end of the day.

"Big Z, look what you did! Kev looks aghast. You made him aghast!"

"...I'm frankly surprised you know what that means."

Bap!

"Ow! Okay, okay, I get it! Sorry for making you 'aghast', Kev."

As much as Zurg loathed to admit it, their friend did indeed look a tad... hurt? Shocked? Something in-between? Well, whatever it was, it must've been fairly unpleasant for the scaly bugger, because that melancholia was noticeable a parsec away. "Fluffles, eh?" The horned monarch crossed his arms and figured he'd let Kev eventually chew his way through the fat. According to Jo, it was only polite. ...Though also dreadfully suspenseful.

"We're all deserving of a good pinch every now and then~!" Jo brightly laughed, her cheeks rosy. The mechanic's eyes soon narrowed and trained upon a certain purple alien standing beside her. "...Ain't that right, Big Z?"

Play it cool, play it safe. Remember the piggly-wigglies!

"Mhm." Zurg was a poet, all right. A poet of eeeeevil. ...Er, ex-evil.

"I'm glad I'm still here too. This place is my home, and it will always be my home. The two of you aren't just friends, you're like family and that's why... This is so hard. I hope that we can still be a family even though..."

Ooh, that was concerning. Was it their imagination or did Kev sound like he was on the verge of tears...? Before either of them could spring into action and soothe his wounds, the other shoe dropped and it dropped hard.

"E-even though Nym has...disappeared. Fear and I, we looked everywhere. I searched the forest a-and F-fear, he. He used his powers, and. He's gone. He's just gone and I don't know why and I am so sorry..."

...Do they gasp?
    ...Do they break out in sobs?
    ...Do they - well, would could they really do?

It was as if a bombshell had gone off in the living room, neither Zurg nor Jo able to grasp the words dying in their throats. Nym was... gone. He was gone, just like Kev said, and it was all so... final.

"Kev... Kev, it's all right." Zurg was the first to speak; when it came to terrible news, the alien always knew how to kick himself into gear and take charge. Jo sometimes envied the ability... Perhaps this came as a bit of surprise, but the monarch soon approached and hugged his smaller friend tightly. Fondly. Warmly. As if to convey that everything was indeed okay. Jo, herself, was unable to resist any longer and near-instantly joined in on the affection, her arms wrapping protectively over both her colourful boys. "I'm sure that, no matter what transpired, Nym left of his own volition and not because of anything you - or we - did." Or didn't do, but that was splitting hairs on a very distressing course of topic.

"Big Z's right..." she whispered, her cheek pressed firmly against Kev's. "Whatever happened, it's not your fault. It's not any of your faults, so don't go beating yourselves up, okay? These things just... happen. They just happen. And no matter what, Kev, we're here for you."

Zurg thrummed, "We're family. And that means we embrace whatever hardships may come, together."

And neither of them would have it any other way.

Kev
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Kev on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:46 pm

Indeed. Those~. Nyehehe! Ah, but that little comment saw the scaly man narrowing his eyes. He stomped his foot on the floor, primarily for show. "Hey, I read too! I read 'Pride and Prejudice' all on my own! ...After Fear suggested it to me that is." So rude! Just because Kev came from an ookum bookum planet didn't mean he couldn't learn how to read in the years since arriving in Portal Breach. He huffed, scales ruffling. As much as he loved his friend, the purple alien knew just how to push his buttons and be an insulting turd! Hmph, hmph, hmph! Ah, but he'd rather be jokingly annoyed rather than...well. Aghast!

"Thank you for the apology, Zurg. I'm not upset with you, I just... If it were anyone else, I think I'd find your guesses funny." Kev admitted with a light shrug and a hopefully reassuring look in those round blue eyes of his. The burst of humor might even have been appreciated! But instead, he had been preparing himself for the former Emperor's guess to be more correct than he might realize. "No hard feelings, promise." He knew that his friend had not intended to make him upset! "Uh-huh, short for Sir Fluffles McPeckerson the 3rd of Pluckyton West Virginia. Quite a mouthful! Or ...mind...ful?" Fluffles was a lot easier to use in everyday conversation! Cheery as Jo could be, she still had a commanding force about her that was quite admirable. Kev watched the 'wrangling' as if he were at a rodeo, and briefly wiggled his brows at his friends. "Mhm~!" Such a display of power over the former Emperor! The alien applauded you, Miss Pistonne! ...And perhaps wanted some tips.

Unfortunately, it was time for the suspense to lead up to a reveal. Jo and Zurg deserved to know what happened, and he couldn't string them along about it! Gods, it was hard to admit it out loud again. Now it wasn't just Fear and Kev who were aware of this awful reality. One where the child they all shared had...disappeared. Forever. Tears began to build behind the alien's eyelids, pressure building like a dam about to blow. In the interest of not falling apart on his friends, he resisted the urge to cry for as long as he could...!

"Kev... Kev, it's all right."

"Whatever happened, it's not your fault. It's not any of your faults, so don't go beating yourselves up, okay? These things just... happen. They just happen. And no matter what, Kev, we're here for you."

With a soft sob, Kev seemed to melt in his friend's embrace. It was warm. Fond. Protective. Zurg did not say or do anything lightly, and so his assurances were honest. Another pair of arms joined the hug, enveloping the alien in a glow of friendship twice over. Jo, one of the first friends he ever made, and one of the most loyal and dogged as well! An arm looped around each of them as the scaly man returned the hugs in full. Tears flowing down his cheeks, he pressed his face against them as his shoulders shook. "I wish I had better news to share, I didn't want to drop this on you, but you needed to know..." Still enjoying the embrace with his best friends, Kev focused on his breathing. In and out... Deep breathes. Steady...

Eventually, Kev's cheeks dried and the tears he had to shed came to a slow trickle. Instead, he just felt exhausted and drained. The warmth of his friends' embrace still provided some energy to the reptile. His grip tightened on them, tucking closer and nuzzling his cheek against Jo's. "Thank you... Thank you both. D-despite everything, that was...the biggest worry I had. T-that without Nym...we wouldn't be a family anymore." Sniffling, he peered up at his friends with a fond look in those gigantic goober eyes. "You two are more than best friends to me. I want to continue spending time with you both, sharing holidays together! So long as you'll have me, we can be a family. And we'll get through this...together!" He truly just wanted to stay this way with them. Snuggling against his friends, he waved away ill feelings and lingering sadness. Focus on the future. On now. "H-how are you two holding up...? Will you guys be alright?" The lack of surprise told him that perhaps they had been expecting such news regarding the digimon, but he still needed to check up on their emotional well-being.

Zurg
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Zurg Yesterday at 12:12 pm

"Oh? I didn't know you read, Kev. My, that is a marvelous surprise. Pleasant, even." How cute, stomping his little foot and throwing a scene... Eekum bokum-types were the gift that kept on giving. Zurg regarded his friend's 'lesser' display with a sort of condescending fondness, though he wasn't quite as appreciative of why his guesses wouldn't be as humourous as Jo's, for example. Sounded rather, well, discriminatory! "What, are you saying you'd prefer I beat around the bush and never get to the heart of the matter until you finally throw up your hands in exasperation and do it for me?" he remarked levelly.

A hand patted against the alien's gut. "Big Z, he's saying you're the exact opposite: too to the point, hence why it makes people, you know, sore?"

Hmph! Well, these 'folks' were just too damn sensitive, then, weren't they? Zurg thankfully had the wherewithal to keep his opinion to himself, as scathing as it was, so he instead crossed his arms and merely glowered at the striped pipsqueak before him. Insolent little tart... Kev comes into his home, bearing ill news, and receives an apology from yours truly because the latter wasn't willing to piss away the weekend? Oh, be still, the monarch's fluttering heart! "And to think," he grumbled, "I've fried others for less..." Nnnnnope, can't say Zurg was a fan of being left out to dry like a pair of starchy pants. One of these fine days, Kev was going to hurry along and burn through these casual topics, and when that happens there will be much rejoicing, even from the pile of withered, desiccated remains that was once his horned, ornery, and now agitated friend. Sigh...

Though, honestly, who could fault Kev - who could really fault him - for wanting to avoid this subject as long as possible? Nym was gone. Gone. Without a trace, without a word, without a warning; just like all the countless others who had paved the road to oblivion before him. If there was any reason to be furious, it was surely this one.  

"Yeah, we needed to know..." Jo leaned forward and planted a delicate kiss upon Kev's cheek, but in her kind gesture belied an unvoiced sorrow. How many...? How many more until no one was left, not even themselves...? Ah, but it was folly thinking about such things, just as it was folly to ignore the blessings in their lives in favour of some arbitrary doomsday clock. The mechanic smiled and kept her ironclad grip firm around her two rambunctious boys. "No matter what happens, Kev, we'll always be family," Jo reassured their friend. "Our home is your home, and the same invitation is extended to Fear, Livewire, your darling animals, and anyone else you hold dear. Ain't that right, Big Z~!?"

The alien mumbled, "I don't know about anyone else, but... sure. Like they say down at the supermarket, mi casa es su casa, Kev, and that has always been true." Even as the plucky neanderthal stepped on Zurg's poor toes and made an absolute mess of things. He pulled a tissue from one of the conveniently-placed tissue boxes around the house (cat allergies, argh!) and offered it with a teensy sniff - Zurg's roundabout way of expressing solidarity.

Hey, when it came to sudden disappearances and being left holding the bags from friends, rivals, nuisances, and now adopted children, look no further!

"We'll be all right," Zurg answered. As previously mentioned, this was nothing groundbreaking. "I think the question should really become: will you be all right, Kev?" Out of all Nym's 'parents', the smaller alien had unarguably been the closest.

Zurg? Aya? Even Jo? All secondary when compared to Kev. Though, that does beg another question...

The frown on their female companion said it all. "So... when are we gonna tell Aya?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:11 pm